ACT ONE: SCENE TEN

♡ FEARLESS OR FEAR LESS ♡

FEARLESS OR FEAR LESS

   Chelsea hated halloween, it was her second least favorite holiday. She didn't understand the need to dress up or scare people, but just because she hated the holiday didn't mean she was going to let Christopher down.

"You really don't have to do this, I could just go to the store and buy him a costume," Eddie states as he intently watched the brunette sew together a costume for his son. "I promised Christopher I would make him a costume, besides he seems excited to have matching costumes," Chelsea states, pulling the fabric away from her sewing machine as she studied the final touches to her work.

"Matching costumes?" Eddie asks confused, "Who was he supposed to be matching with?" Upon hearing the confusion in the man's voice, Chelsea looks up at Eddie. "Christopher told me you guys agreed on matching costumes.." Chelsea trails off as the two share a look of realization.

"Christopher!" they both call out looking down the hall of Chelsea's apartment. A few moments later, the small boy comes into view. "Did you tell Chelsea we were going to be to have matching costumes?" Eddie asks the boy. Christopher sheepishly nods, he just wanted to have a nice halloween this year.

Eddie sighs as he didn't want to make his son upset, kneeling down in front of him. "Next time, we have to talk about this. I don't want to put Chelsea through the trouble of making my costume as well," Eddie explains to the young boy. "I'm sorry dad, I just wanted us both to have cool costumes from Chelsea," Christopher explains making Chelsea smile at his words.

"Well, not to brag but these costumes are pretty cool," Chelsea states as she hung up the finished costume. Looking at the time on the clock that hung up in her kitchen, Chelsea's eyes widen at the time. "Eddie we're going to be late," Chelsea states just as her front door opens. "Hey you know your building really needs to get a better security system, we can just press a bunch of buttons until someone inevitably buzzes us in," Tyler states nonchalantly.

   "You could have called me?" Chelsea states in disbelief that her brother and father appeared to have broken into the building. "We buzzed three times with no answer before your brother chose to hit all the buttons. He does have a point though, that buzzing system doesn't seem safe," Jaime pointing out to his daughter as he sent a smile to Christopher who rushed over to give him a hug.

   Today was Carla's day off and it would just be luck that Eddie had gotten a call back from the school he was trying to get Christopher in, he felt incredibly grateful that Chelsea's family seemed to take Christipher and him in as Jaime offered to take have Christopher tag along with him and Tyler as they went candy shopping.

Giving a kiss on her father's cheek, Chelsea thanked him again for watching the boy so that the two could tour the school together.

•••••