ACT ONE: SCENE FOURTEEN

♡ THE PLOTTING ♡

THE PLOTTING

    The team watch Chelsea from afar, the woman was doing inspections on all the fire trucks and both the ambulances. For only being 33 weeks along, the woman sure was moving fast in the moment. "Is she..waddling?" Buck questioned slightly turning his head as a confused look fell upon his face

   "Don't mention that in front of her, Tim said the same thing to her the other day and it was not pretty," Eddie winced remembering how the woman burst into tears and accused Tim of calling her ugly because somehow to her the two correlated.

   "Just one more month guys," Bobby reminded as the woman had announced that the doctors saw fit for her to be induced rather than wait for her to naturally go into labor.

   "Speaking of, Eddie you still haven't picked your deal," Hen stated looking at the man. Eddie playfully rolled his eyes at her. "For the last time, I am not taking part in your guys little bet about what the babies will be," Eddie states walking over to the drive to grab a water.

   At the station, Tim sighed in announces as Angela and Talia annoyed him about Chelsea's birth plan. "I'm just saying, if I was her and I had no major control over my labor, I'd be making sure my two baby daddy's were doing what I could control," Angela shrugged.

   "Yea, when you hear the woman screaming at you about how much she hates you in the moment, don't say we didn't tell you so," Talia stated. "Guys, Chelsea is not going to freak out about it. She's been calm about the labor the whole time," Tim scoffed at them.

   "I still can't believe you guys are waiting till the babies are born," Chimney scoffs in disbelief. He didn't think he would ever have the patience for that.

   "Chelsea's parents did it with her and her brother, she wants to keep the tradition going," Eddie shrugged not seeing the problem with it. I mean sure he was a little disappointed but he also didn't know that Christopher was going to be a boy since Shannon found out when he couldn't receive calls.

   "How's Christopher feel about being a big brother?" Bobby questioned noting that Eddie had finally told his son a little bit after the new year started. "Oh he loves it, he keeps talking about how the baby's will be able to play video games with him," Eddie snorts as the team chuckled.

   "Are you even going to ask the two on a real date? I mean you're about to be a father and stepfather without having even been on a real date," Angela stated as they waited for their rookies to finish getting their gear. "I'm working on it," Tim sighed, he had been trying to plan the perfect way to ask Eddie and Chelsea out.

   "Well you better hurry, you don't got long before two tiny humans are screaming at you to feed them," Angela says as Jackson walked over to her. Tim glared after the woman as she walked away.

  "Chen, what do you woman like when it comes to
being asked on a date?" Tim asked Lucy as she walked over to him. The woman looked at him confused. "Umm niceness for starters," The woman said causing Tim to give her a look as they began walking to their shop.

   "Wait are you finally asking Chelsea on a date?" Lucy realizes. The two had gotten somewhat close over the last few months as after she was done turning in paperwork to her mother after each shift, Chelsea would take Lucy out for a quick bite to eat.

   "I'm trying, I just don't know how to ask," Tim shrugs as the two get in the shop. "Well lucky for you I happen to speak Chelsea," Lucy smiled as Tim started to drive. Noting her quietness, Tim sighed. "What do you want?" he asked knowing there was a catch. "No Tim tests for a month," Lucy offered.

   "Nice try, I'll be on paternity leave in a month making it longer. Three days and I won't stuck you with snotty while i'm on leave," Time counteroffers. Lucy felt insulted by Tim's offer. "One week and you have to get the gear AND you don't stick me with smitty or Wrigley," Lucy glares. Tim realizes she isn't going to let up as he finally agrees.

   "Alright guys, time for your weekly quizzes," Chelsea called as everyone groaned in annoyance. Since being on light work, Chelsea actually had time to make sure that everyone was caught up on any new rules as well as how to treat potential situations. "Maybe if we're lucky, she'll forget that we have fire drills next week," Chimney muttered as his name was called first.

•••••

   Chelsea sat some at the table as the team was out on a call, her other paramedics were currently restocking the ambulance that wasn't on call. "Excuse me, one of the paramedics said I could find you up here?" A woman states looking at Chelsea.

   Nodding confused, Chelsea stands up, the strangers  eyes drifting to Chelsea's very big stomach. "Umm I want to thank you, you were one of the paramedics that helped me in November," The woman stated as Chelsea tried to rack her brain.

   The memory suddenly flashed in Chelsea's head. "Allison, right?" Chelsea asked as the woman nodded, Chelsea couldn't believe she had even forgotten the woman. "When I woke up in the hospital, they told me what happened...I just wanted to thank you for bringing my baby with me and cleaning him up and having them take pictures for me to remember him with," Allison sniffled.

   Chelsea stared sympathetically at the woman, she couldn't imagine the pain she was feeling. "How are you doing?" Chelsea asked the woman. "I'm better, i've been going to therapy and I've been doing acupuncture," Allison explains as the sound do the fire truck returning fills the air.

"Well I better get going, thank you though. You have no idea how much you've done for me," Allison smiles at Chelsea. Chelsea nodded at the woman with a smile as Allison turned around and walked down the steps. Eddie stated in confusion as he watched the blonde woman walk past him and the team.

"Hey, who was the woman that just left?" He asked as the team and him walked up the steps. "Allison, she was the woman we helped back in november, her baby was born premature and he passed away," Chelsea explained as the team nodded, remembering the call

"How was meeting the president?" Chelsea asked. "We didn't actually meet him, just his body guard who took a hit for him," Bobby explained. The president had decided to pay a visit to Los Angeles, Chelsea was honestly happy that she wasn't on the call.

"Well, I made lunch," Chelsea smiles as she pointed towards the pans of lasagna. "Ooh, if you weren't already pregnant, I would knock you up myself," Buck joked as he eyes the food. At his words, the team sent him a strange look.

"It was a joke guys," Buck defended himself as Eddie slightly glared at the man. He felt jealously full him at his words. Although it had been almost a month since he asked Shannon for a divorce, Eddie had yet to ask Tim and Chelsea on a real date.

He had spent hours thinking of how to, Christopher even giving him advice as he was excited since he loved Chelsea and Tim. However everything that he thought of didn't seem right. He needed to think fast though as he wanted to do it before Chelsea gave birth.

•••••
WC: 1386
I'm taking in the moment while I can because I know that the end of the next chapter, you guys are going to think i'm such an asshole...you might want to prepare yourselves.