ACT TWO: SCENE TEN

♡THE MEANING OF LIFE IS THAT IT STOPS♡

THE MEANING OF LIFE IS THAT IT STOPS

* WARNING: This chapter contains some mature themes(small smut)*

    "So seriously, what's it like dating a celebrity?" John asked Jackson, referencing to the man that he had recently begun dating. "It's nice. Yeah, he can always get a reservation, and the parties are sick," Jackson smiled.

   "Reservations? You think he could hook a girl up?" Chelsea joked as the cops around her laughed. Lucy had invited the girl to come down to the bar with her, John, Jackson, and Nick.

   The woman took the offer as she had wanted to give the boys some time with the kids. After the tsunami, Jessica, Paisley, and Chris would wake up with night terrors. Chelsea felt helpless as all she could do was hold them while they cried in her arms.

   Although she didn't understood the nightmares they were going through, she understood the pain they were going through as she still found herself waking up to nightmares about Allison.

   "Well, we're happy that you're happy," Lucy smiled as Nick and Chelsea shared a look. "Liar!" Chelsea accused the woman.

   "No! No! I am. It's just—Aah! Men suck," Lucy stated looking down at her drink. "Ouch," John joked as the two had dated a while ago. "No. The single men in LA suck. Every time I go out on a date and they find out that i'm a cop, they just get scared off," Lucy explained.

   "Uh, except for the freak who begged you to pepper spray his junk," Jackson cringed at the memory of Lucy telling him the story. "Oh! Peter pepper-balls!" John stated as him and Jackson joked about it.

   "Wow, I told you that in confidence," Lucy tried to straighten her face like she was mad but a small smile appeared. "Look those aren't men, those are boys, okay? True men are not afraid of strong woman," Nick explained hoping to reassure the girl that there was nothing wrong with her.

   "Plus, you could always try dating a woman," Chelsea stated. Chelsea had never liked to label herself, the woman liked who she liked and she didn't care what anyone thought. "Yea but it's so hard to find a girl that likes girls and isn't still hung up on her ex. Besides, the last girl I dated was enough for me to want to stay clear for a while," Lucy winced as she remembered her crazy ex.

    Lucy was glad that her ex-girlfriend had finally moved on and was now married somewhere in the United Kingdom. "Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, dating a civilian, bad idea," Nick shook his head.

   "I was told dating cops was a mistake, what am I supposed to do? Go to every firehouse and hope that there's a firefighter who can put out my fire," Lucy sarcasm caused Jackson and Chelsea to laugh at her bad joke.

   Chelsea pours the last of the beer from the pitcher into her cup. "Looks like we need another round," Nick goes to get up but Lucy stops him. "Uh, I got it," Lucy smiles as she walks away from the four.