ACT TWO: SCENE ELEVEN

♡THE PEOPLE CLOSEST TO YOU HURT YOU THE MOST ♡

THE PEOPLE CLOSEST TO YOU HURT YOU THE MOST

"Buck's losing it," Chelsea shook her head as she turned to Lily, the woman had just returned from her honeymoon. "You have to admit that he does have spirit," Lily chuckled as Hen joined them.

"How are the kids doing?" Hen questioned, wanting to catchup on anything new since the last time they talked  about it two days ago. "Paisley's nightmares have lessened to once every two nights but Chris and Jessica's just seemed to be getting worse," Chelsea sighed remembering how last night none of adults got any sleep as they had to wake up every hour to helped Jessica and Chris stop screaming and fall back asleep.

"Careful guys, hall monitors here," Hen nodded as they all spotted Buck walking through the trucks. "You guys paint? Why does the place look smaller?" Buck questioned. "I think your head just got bigger," Chimney joked as they all gave chuckles.

   "So fire marshal Buck decides to drop off his report in person. Is that a sign of maturity? Or is it just revenge for all the times you've been written up?" Bobby joined the team. "Actually, uh, you passed. I bumped up the numbers, got fancy with the math," Buck smiled as he handed Bobby his report and Chelsea her report.

   "You don't know math," Lily snorted as she read over Chelsea's shoulder. "Which will be my excuse if anybody calls me out on it. Uh, speaking of, did any of you guys get a call from that lawyer?" Buck asked looking at them all.

   "The ambulance chaser," Chelsea scoffed remembering the man. "He wants to talk to me about the building violations. Think somebody might be suing them," Buck explains.

   "Yeah, he was passing out cards like candy," Chimneys words caused Hen and Chelsea to share a look. "Hey, Diaz. I need a spot over here," Lena called, Eddie walked over to her as Buck watched with a distasteful look on his face.

   "Uh, who-who's that?" Buck questioned. Hen, Chimney, and Lily made faces towards each other as they slowly back away. Chelsea and Bobby looked incredulous at them.

    "Her name is Lena Bosko. Her station was smack in the middle of the impact zone and her crew was temporarily reassigned, so we brought her over here," Chelsea explained as she excused herself.

"You replaced me?" Buck said just as she left, Chelsea felt grateful that there was no blame on her since she mostly just dealt with the paramedics.

   The fire alarm rings as Chelsea rushed passed Buck, giving him a sympathetic look as she got in the ambulance. She knew how it felt to be forced on leave, she just hoped Buck would be able to figure out how to handle it.

•••••

   "PAISLEY!" Jessica's screams woke Chelsea out of her deep slumber. The woman hurriedly got out of bed, not berthing to throw a shirt on over her bra as she rushed out of the room and down the stairs to the teenagers room.