ACT TWO: SCENE TWO

♡CHELSEA'S MIDDLE♡

CHELSEA'S MIDDLE

   Realizing that she caused harm to the brunette, Allison grabs a towel to stop the blood coming out of Chelsea's nose. "Oh, God. I'm sorry. I'm sorry," Allison apologizes wiping the woman's face. "Allison, Allison. Please. Please. Please," Chelsea begs the woman as Allison pulls the towel off her face.

   "Oh, God. It'll be better once the babies are out. Once the babies are out, i'll be gone and you won't have to worry about me anymore. I'll work fast," Allison rambles, lifting Chelsea's dress over her stomach.

   "Allison, please. Allison, please. ALLISON, PLEASE," Chelsea begs as tears start to pour out of her eyes. Allison lays a towel below Chelsea's stomach as she grabs a scalpel. "I'm gonna get started," Allison states before turning to the medical book she was using to help her through this.

   "Allison, Allison, Allison," Chelsea panics causing the blonde to sigh. "What?" she responds as Chelsea gulps. As much as she didn't want to help the woman, Chelsea knew that the only chance these had at surviving was if she guide Allison on how to cut into her.

   "Don't cut there, it's too high," Chelsea states. "You know no matter where I cut, you won't survive, right?" Allison asks causing Chelsea to nod. "I know, it's for the babies. If you cut there, you'll cut one of the babies. I know. I'm a paramedic. I was your paramedic, Allison," Chelsea states staring into Allison's eyes.

   "Tell me what to do," Allison responds. "Measure two fingers above my pelvic bone," Chelsea instructions as Allison does so. "After... after you get the first baby out, you cut that cord right away. You cut it right away and then you pull the second baby out and do the same. Then you keep them warm and you make sure to clear their mouthes and noses. You promise me you'll do that?" Chelsea can't stop more tears from falling.

   "I promise..Tell me," Allison sighs. "Make a clean slice in the horizontal. You're gonna have to cut through the muscle to get to the babies," Chelsea informs her as Allison prepares to do as she's told.

   "I just want to say, I think under different circumstances we could have been friends. Don't you think?" Allison asks as Chelsea slightly nods. Allison gives the woman a small smile before she begins to slice open Chelsea's stomach.

•••••

July 18, 2015

Looking up at the fire station in front of her, Chelsea tried to calm her nerves. "You got this, you've been doing this for a year already, it's just a new fire station," The twenty two old mutters to herself as she walked through the fire trucks.

Chelsea couldn't stop the smile on her face as she spotted her last name on a plaque to a locker. "Hi, can we help you?" a woman's voice catches Chelsea's attention as she turns to her left.