ACT ONE: EXTRAS FIVE

Premise: The beginning of Chelsea and Bucks friendship
Set before ACT ONE(kind of between episodes 3 & 4 of season one)

Dedicated Song: Brother by Kodaline

Chelsea stared at the probie in front of her, now she wasn't one to judge people but something about this new firefighter just irked her.

Maybe it was the arrogance that rolled off him, or the way that despite his stupidity, Bobby seemed to like him. For example, Bobby firing him for his escapades as well as recklessness only to give the kid a second chance.

As much as he annoyed her, Chelsea had to give credit where it was due. Evan Buckley has managed to weasel his way into the rest of the team's hearts by now but from where she stood, Chelsea refused to let that happen.

Turning on her foot, the woman walked away from the firehouses gym. She didn't want to finish her workout anymore, not when Evan was there.

As she walked off, Evan Buckley watched after her. He was happy that the team seemed to be welcoming in after he got his second chance, but he hated how he couldn't see to get through to the Chief paramedic. It was a strange feeling to him, he never felt so rejected.

And I know what you're thinking, he must just want to sleep with her. But that's not the case, as attractive as she was, Buck had no sense of sexual attraction to the woman. He simply just wanted to find a friend in the person that was closest to his age.

Buck never really did have friends, I mean he wouldn't exactly call his roommates his friends, they were more like acquaintances.

There was times where Chelsea's actions often reminded him about his older sister Maddie. Like how her nose would crinkle when she looked at him with disappointment. Or how she tended to only eat spaghetti if there was parmesan to put on it.

For once in his life, Buck actually wanted to have a friend, a best friend who he would love like a sister. He could only imagine that being one person... Chelsea.

•••••

Grumbling with annoyance, Chelsea vowed to get her revenge on Hen. The older woman had somehow managed to get her roped into taking Buck to the police station.

At the beginning of their shift, Hen had went to Bobby with the idea of Buck learning why the paperwork the team had to fill out after each call was important, she managed to slip in that maybe he could tag along with Chelsea the next time the woman went to drop off the paperwork.

Bobby had eyed her suspiciously, telling her no at first but by the end of shift, he decided that he too was tired of the tension that was very visible between his youngest firefighter and his fellow confrère.

So there Chelsea sat, arm leaned against Buck's passenger window as she looked at the passing scenery. Every so often, Buck would glance at her unsure of what to say.

  "If you look at me one more time, Evan," Chelsea warned as her eyes never left the window. Buck frowned as he averted his eyes back to the road, he didn't even know how she knew he was looking.

  A few more moments passed as they drew closer towards the police station. "Why don't you like me?" Buck suddenly asked, his words seemed to catch Chelsea off guard.

   The woman looked at the man, her lips pursed as she started to feel bad. He sounded like he was actually hurt. "I don't not like you," Chelsea vaguely answered.

  Buck still held his frown causing Chelsea to sigh. "Look kid," Chelsea started, ignoring the look he gave her. Even if she was younger than him, she still seemed to be more mature.

     "Your carefree attitude just annoys me. I mean, what if you were to do something stupid and it causes someone to get hurt? Whether it be a fellow first responder or a civilian," Chelsea expressed her thoughts.

  Buck sighed as he realized that the woman didn't necessarily dislike him, she simply just didn't trust him. "I will admit that I have done stupid things in the past and I can't say that I won't do them in the future but I would never intentionally do something to causes someone to get hurt," Buck spoke as Chelsea intently listened.

   "For once I feel like I fit in. Like I have a purpose in life. I don't have the best way of expressing my eagerness and I'm sorry if that's made you lose your trust in me. I can promise you that i'll try to be better about it though. I don't want you to feel like you can't work with me," Buck finished his words as he pulled into the police station.

  Chelsea stared at the man in deep thought. I mean, she couldn't really blame him. When she had become a paramedic she felt like she had found her purpose. Maybe she was quick to judge him. Buck put the car in park as he waited for Chelsea to speak.

   "I had to transfer because of reckless men," she said causing Buck to look at her in confusion. "At my old station, some of my team didn't agree with a woman being on their team. They never trusted my calls on injuries or they wouldn't let me do any chores expect the cooking. It made me doubt myself, so when you came in and you could do these reckless acts without seemingly a care, it reminded me of them. It reminded me of when they-," Chelsea stopped mid sentence as she shook her head. She couldn't tell him about it, hell Hen, Chimney, Wyatt, and Bobby didn't even know.

  For the final straw that caused her to leave station two eleven, was a secret to everyone except for her fiancé, Shawn, and closest friend, Lily. "Evan, I just don't want a repeat of the past. But you seem different, you actually care that I'm standoffish with you. I'll give you a chance but if you blow it, there's not gonna be another one," she warned as Buck smiled.

Turning to the station, Chelsea smirked. "Now, let's show you the fun of being chief paramedic," Chelsea laughed as Buck smiled. Even if the paperwork ended up annoying him, he was glad that Chelsea was finally giving him a chance.

•••••
WC: 1052

- Thus concludes the Extra chapters and moves into blooper chapters. Don't worry I will write more but for now my focus is getting these bloopers than ACT TWO done.

- As always, if you guys have any ideas for these 'extras' chapters, feel free to comment them and so will try my best

- Say it with me ya'll: FUCK STATION 211

- Delving into a bit of Chelsea's past at her old station, I want you guys to understand a bit of why she seems to not like taking about her past over there

- In case you wanted to know why I chose that song it's cause I imagine it as Checkley's(I know Im still horrible at ship names) BROTP anthem. Like they have eachother backs so much and mean so much to eachother.

- Also moving sucks, it's stressful and tiring and i moved at possibly the worst time but it's okay, i'll get through it!