4

When I woke up again, I found myself lying in a shabby room. There were some old cardboard newspapers piled on the floor. Not far from me, a woman was packing something with her head down. I was a little confused and struggled to sit up from the bed. When I moved, I felt severe pain in the back of my head, and I couldn't help but groan.

When the woman heard the noise, she turned to look at me. When she saw me waking up, she rushed to the bed. She had an excited expression on her face and made a strange hoarse sound of "Ahhhh" from her mouth.

I was startled by her and shrank back.

When the woman saw my actions, she flattened her mouth and looked aggrieved. She looked to be at least 40 years old, and she had such a child-like expression. I was really baffled and at a loss what to do.

At this time, the door was pushed open, and an older woman in plain clothes walked in. When the woman saw that I was awake, she hurriedly came over and smiled: "Young man, are you awake? Are you okay? Does your head still hurt?"

I nodded towards her and then looked at her suspiciously.

The woman smiled and explained to me, and then I figured out what was going on.

It turns out that that day I went to a hotel to find a place to stay, and I probably met some gangsters who set out to rob me. After I was knocked unconscious, my things were taken away, and I was thrown to the garbage dump at the entrance of the alley. The mute trash-picking woman, the same woman I saw when I first woke up, saved me and carried me back. And Aunt Li, who is explaining this to me now, lives not far from the mute woman, and often takes care of her when she sees how pitiful she is.

"She?...Carry me back?" I glanced at the thin woman and asked in surprise.

"Yeah! I was so scared that day, how could I carry a grown man back so well! As soon as we put you on the bed, Axiu's legs were so weak that she fell to the ground." Aunt Li said this while shaking her head and laughing. laugh.

I was speechless for a moment. If I hadn't been a mute woman, I don't know how many days I would have been lying in that garbage heap. But even if I die there, no one will care.

"Thank you." I nodded to the mute woman. She looked at me with a smile, and suddenly reached out and touched my head.

I was stunned there, and Aunt Li quickly came over and took her hand. She looked at me and said awkwardly, "I'm sorry, there's something wrong with Axiu here." She pointed to her head.

The mute woman looked at Aunt Li unhappily and struggled to break away from the hand she was holding. She didn't seem to understand what she had done wrong. Perhaps in her opinion, touching her head only meant closeness and affection. I don't know why I feel so sad. Why is the fate of such a good person so harsh to her? Why do these kind and simple people live at the bottom of society and in the most difficult environment?

Thinking of this, I laughed at myself. Why should I pity and pity them in such a condescending manner? My life is actually worse than theirs.

"Young man, I have a phone at home. Why don't you go over and send a message to your family and ask them to pick you up?" Aunt Li said from the side.

I froze, "It doesn't matter... I... my family is out of town, so I won't let them worry." I suddenly understood something, "Thank you very much. I'm sorry for disturbing you for so long. I'll leave now." I lifted the quilt and tried to get up. As soon as I sat up, my head felt dizzy and I stopped moving.

Aunt Li and the mute woman rushed over to me at the same time and pushed me back, "Don't worry! You don't have a penny on you and you can't go anywhere now! There is still a swelling behind your head. Lie down first and take it easy." "Aunt Li sighed, "People always have difficulties, so don't worry. I'll get you some food first." I smiled gratefully at her, but felt bitter in my heart.

After Aunt Li went out, the mute woman was watching over me, with deep worry in her eyes. I was a little sleepy, the initial shock and uneasiness had receded, and now I felt tired for some reason.

"I'm fine." I smiled at her.

She looked at me blankly, and I forced myself to mouth "Thank you" again, and finally fell asleep again.

When I woke up again, it was completely dark outside, and the whole room was so quiet that no sound could be heard. It was probably midnight. I was so thirsty that my throat was so dry that it was on fire. After thinking for a while, I slowly got up and prepared to find water. I was really embarrassed to wake others up at this time. My head still hurts badly, and I feel a little dizzy. If those people hit me harder, I probably wouldn't be able to wake up.

I groped my way to the table in front of the bed. There was a kettle on it. When I lifted it up, I found it was empty. After looking around and making sure that I couldn't find anything related to water in the room, I had no choice but to open the door and go out. Through the light outside the house, I immediately saw a faucet on the wall. I walked over and turned on the switch, and water flowed out. I was thankful in my heart, and stretched out my hand to hold some water. Before I could touch my lips, my hand was pulled away suddenly, and the water sloshed out.

I looked up in surprise. The mute woman was standing in front of me, shaking her head at me desperately. I patiently pointed to the water at her and made a drinking gesture with my hands in the shape of a cup. She still shook her head at me, then turned on the faucet, pulled me into the room, turned on the light, turned around and walked out.

I sat on the bed a little depressed, not knowing how to make her understand that I wanted to drink water.

After a while, the mute woman came in again, holding a water glass in her hand. She walked up to me cautiously and handed me the cup. I took it blankly, and then I realized that she didn't want me to drink tap water just now...

After drinking a large glass of water in one breath, I felt much better. I handed the cup back to her, and before I could say thank you, she hurried out again. I had a premonition that she would definitely come back, and then I stared at the door expectantly.

Sure enough, she came in again carrying a small pot, pulled up a chair, sat in front of me, and opened the lid of the pot. Only then did I see that there were three hard-boiled eggs inside.

She put the pot on the table next to her, took out an egg from it, and knocked it on the side of the pot. After the eggshell cracked, she began to peel it carefully.

I just stared at her blankly. She was actually very good-looking, but she had some fine lines at the corners of her eyes and rough skin. At this time, her expression was so focused that I didn't dare to disturb her.

When people are sick, they always want some care and attention.

It is obviously just a very small and insignificant pain and discomfort, but because of the caring and caring eyes of the people who care about you, the pain will be infinitely magnified. You have to feel aggrieved and cry like a baby, and then enjoy more tolerance with peace of mind.

When I was with Yi Tian, I suffered from migraines for a while. I got up at 6 o'clock every morning to cook Chinese medicine and drank it for three months. Still haven't received a single concerned inquiry. In fact, it's not a big deal. I actually have no qualifications or position to accuse Yi Tian of being indifferent to me. It's just that I looked at this woman who I had only known for less than a day and now she was sitting in front of my bed peeling eggs for me. I was so sad that I couldn't speak.

The mute woman peeled off the top of the eggshell, leaving only a small circle where she held it, and then handed the egg to me. I took it from her hand, and the eggshell was still warm. I thought she boiled the water after boiling the eggs, and kept the eggs in the hot water to keep them warm.

I took a bite, and she stared at me without blinking. I quickly gave her a happy smile. I ate two in a row, took the last one, peeled off the shell and handed it to her. She happily took it, took a bite and looked up at me with a silly smile, with some egg yolk on the corner of her mouth.

I held it in for a long time and finally couldn't help laughing. When she saw me laughing, she actually laughed even happier, but when she smiled like this, she looked even stupider. I could hardly stop laughing... If the cycle continues like this, two people would look at each other with grinning smiles. Think about that scene. All stupid.

But actually, I haven't been this happy for a long time.