13

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was the room full of white. There was a pungent smell of medicine on the tip of my nose. I turned my head and saw my hand applying an intravenous drip. It felt like my body had been chopped into pieces and then glued back together, every part of it hurt. I closed my eyes and exhaled gently, and it turned out that I was still alive.

Someone pushed the door open and came in. The footsteps stopped in front of the bed. A familiar breath forced me to open my eyes again: Yi Tian was standing in front of my bed. He probably didn't expect that I was awake, so he was stunned for a moment when he met my gaze, and then returned to his expressionless look.

"The hospital you sent me to?" As soon as I opened my mouth, I realized that my voice was hoarse.

Yi Tian didn't answer, but just ordered the person behind him to call the doctor.

I didn't care whether he would be impatient for the time being. I endured the dryness and pain in my throat and continued to ask: "Yitian, did you find my mother... is she the mute woman? Has she had surgery?" I knew that if Yi Tian God willing, it would be easy to find my mother. What's more, we have met in a hotel before. As long as I check my file, my address is clearly written down.

Yi Tian didn't answer me immediately, he just looked at me straightly, as if he wanted to see something from my face. I didn't know if he had no news or if he didn't want to tell me at all. I felt anxious and struggled to get out of bed.

"What are you doing!" Yi Tian immediately reached out and held me down.

"My mother..." I raised my hand to wave him away, but the movement affected the wound on my stomach. When I felt the pain, my body went limp and fell down again.

"She's fine." Yi Tian let go of me and stood up, finally replying in a cold voice.

"Surgery... Have you also had surgery?" I asked, feeling a little worried.

"I did it." Yi Tian turned away, looking a little impatient.

I nodded, feeling relieved. I know that although Yi Tian hates me very much, he will never lie to me. He has always been a man of his word. Just like three years ago, although he finally agreed to me, he also said: "If you want me to fall in love with you, you should never even think about it in this life." Now three years have passed. , it turns out that he has always executed this sentence very well. So as long as Yi Tian says that my mother is fine, I know it must be fine.

"Thank you. I will definitely pay back the money for the surgery." I feel very grateful that Yi Tian is willing to help me. I no longer want to regret his lack of love for me. If it's not mine, it's destined to not be mine. No matter what methods I use, I can't get it. I already understand this truth. Fortunately, God took pity on me in the end and gave me a mother so that I was no longer alone. As long as I think about the warm and silly smile on my mother's face, I feel that everything is full of hope, and all the unbearable pain and sorrow can be relieved.

"Lin Han..."

I thought Yi Tian wanted to apologize to me on behalf of Lin Han, so I quickly interrupted him, "It's okay, I know he's just doing it for you. But I don't really want to threaten you... I actually don't have any photos in my hand." Because Yi Tian God helped me save my mother, so I feel even more ashamed. Even the things Lin Han did to me, I feel can be forgiven. It was just a few beatings. Although it was almost in the end... But it was just a close call, wasn't it?

"So in order to atone for your sins, you stabbed yourself?" Yi Tian sneered, "If it weren't for Lin Han's repeated assurance that you stabbed yourself with the knife, I wouldn't have believed it. Mu Ran, you are really the cruelest person I have ever seen. Man. Three years ago, you even paid for yourself in order to tie me up. This time, you stabbed yourself again because of that mute woman's illness and to make me feel guilty and sympathetic. Mu Ran, should I congratulate you on your good luck? Can you win the bet?"