43

Mu Ran continued 43
2023-11-07 11:32 Category: Mu RanTurn off the lights

Secretary Jiang was not surprised when she received Mu Ran's call.

He has lived for so many years and has met all kinds of people. If there is anyone who can really not have any plans for himself, he has never met him. It's just that he had more contact with Mu Ran when he was in the nursing home. His quiet and polite manner at that time still left a good impression on him, so Secretary Jiang was still slightly disappointed.

Mu Ran said sorry several times at first, and he could hear hesitation in his words. Secretary Jiang waited patiently, just waiting for Mu Ran to explain the matter hesitantly, and asked in a low voice if he could help him. When the child was legally adopted, Secretary Jiang was a little dazed for a moment. He even looked at his phone strangely, wondering if he heard it wrong.

Mu Ran finally worked up the courage to speak out. After waiting for a while, there was no response on the phone. He clenched his phone nervously and asked with a dry throat, "If it's too much trouble..."

"Wait over there for now. I'll contact you later." Secretary Jiang suddenly interrupted him and then hung up the phone.

Mu Ran put away his cell phone and briefly explained to his aunt. After she agreed, he took the child back to the rescue center to wait. The child didn't know if he had been frightened just now. He held Mu Ran's hand tightly and was unwilling to let go for a second. Mu Ran sat on the chair, then picked up the child and sat on his lap, lowered his head and kept coaxing her warmly, telling her not to be afraid.

Not long after they waited, Secretary Jiang called and asked Mu Ran to take the child away directly. He also asked him to keep his cell phone on recently and that someone would contact him about the follow-up adoption procedures.

Mu Ran thanked him incoherently on the phone, but Secretary Jiang interrupted him and asked, "Are there any other difficulties?" Mu Ran wanted to raise a child, and of course he needed money. He asked because he wanted to help him financially. Give them some help.

"No, no, I'm sorry for causing you trouble. Thank you so much!" Mu Ran stood up and spoke with some fear.

Secretary Jiang paused, said no more, and hung up the phone.

Mu Ran held the phone, and the smile on his face slowly faded. He was still a little ashamed and uneasy. He had clearly promised not to cause trouble to others, but now he owed the Yi family again.

He shook his head and stopped thinking about it. He bent down and picked up the child and walked out. As soon as he walked out of the door, he met the receptionist. Mu Ran felt a little nervous, but the aunt didn't say anything. She just asked him to take good care of the children and then sent them out of the rescue station.

On the way home, the child always hugged Mu Ran's neck and leaned against him obediently. Sometimes when she got tired, Mu Ran put her down and led her away. She didn't make any fuss, and followed Mu Ran closely with small steps. When Mu Ran left, she left, and when Mu Ran stopped, she stopped. Mu Ran felt sorry for her and followed her step by step. He knelt down and looked at her and asked softly: "Can I be your father from now on?"

The child looked at Mu Ran, with tears in his eyes, and whispered: "Abba is dead."

Mu Ran was stunned and felt his nose was a little sore for some reason. He touched the child's head and said with a smile: "I will be dad from now on. How about we live together?"

The child stretched out his hand to wipe away the tears that blurred his vision, looked at Mu Ran and nodded gently, and answered seriously: "Okay."

The smile at the corner of Mu Ran's mouth widened a little. He reached out to pick up the child and muttered to himself, "I have to think of a name." "What name would be good?" After talking for a long time, he thought of a few names. After denying them one by one, I simply decided to go home and look them up in a dictionary before making a decision.