42

Mu Ran continued 42
2023-11-07 11:31 Category: Mu RanTurn off the lights

Mu Ran didn't know what to do with the child, so he nodded and asked the police comrade to call and ask.

It didn't take long. After hanging up the phone, the police told Mu Ran that they could send the child there and they would take care of it temporarily. Mu Ran was slightly embarrassed when he thought about what happened in the restaurant. There were many people eating at night, and Wang Qin would definitely not agree to him asking for leave now.

The policeman looked at Mu Ran's expression and said, "Let's put the child here, and we will arrange for comrades in the team to send the child there later." Most people would not send the child to the police station if they picked up a stray child. No matter what, the institute had to contact the rescue station or the orphanage. This was the first time he met someone like Mu Ran who took the child as his responsibility.

Mu Ran hesitated slightly and said, "What will happen to the child in the future? Will he stay in the shelter forever?"

The policeman smiled and said, "This is not our responsibility. It depends on how the shelter arranges it."

Mu Ran frowned, thought for a while and then said: "Comrade police, can you give me a day's grace? I promise to send the child there in person tomorrow."

As soon as he finished speaking, several police officers around him who heard Mu Ran's words laughed. Some people shook their heads and said: "What kind of grace is there? Why do you act like a criminal when you do good deeds? Please leave your contact information." , I'll just give you the address and phone number of the shelter."

Mu Ran blushed a little from the laughter, walked over and took down the phone address, thanked him a few more times, and then left the police station with the child. During this period, the child followed Mu Ran closely, neither speaking nor crying. It is not known whether she understood the adults' conversation.

Evening was still the same as noon, the child was waiting for him by the cupboard.

Mu Ran was worried that she was hungry, so he bought rice porridge and steamed dumplings in advance. There was no place to put them in the kitchen. He put the food on a small stool, got the bowls and chopsticks for the child, touched her head and asked her to eat obediently. Then he turned around and went to work in the kitchen.

The child was small and obedient. He always huddled next to the cupboard, eating close to the small bench, and would not run around. He could not take up any space in the kitchen. However, Wang Qin was still unhappy, and her face dropped as soon as she entered the kitchen. Later that night, the bowls left outside the kitchen were used up. When Wang Qin opened the cupboard door to get the bowl, she didn't even say a word to the child. She directly reached out and grabbed the child's clothes and pulled the child away. She frowned and said harshly: "Block your hands." Blocking the feet."

The strength of her hand was so strong that the child staggered. He subconsciously reached out to grab something to keep his balance. With this movement, all the porridge and dumplings placed on the stool were swept to the ground.

With a "boom", when Mu Ran turned around, he saw the child standing against the wall, the bowl broken on the ground, seven or eight dumplings and porridge scattered on the floor. Mu Ran quickly turned off the fire, walked to the child and squatted down, asking repeatedly if he was injured.

The child didn't answer anything. She just lowered her head and looked at the dumplings. Tears kept pouring out of the corners of her eyes and fell to the ground in big drops.

This was the first time Mu Ran saw her cry.

She didn't cry when Wang Qin grabbed her and beat her, she didn't cry when she got acupuncture when she was sick, and she didn't cry when she saw the person who had bought and abused her. Mu Ran was a little panicked. He was about to comfort her that it was okay and the food could still be bought. She knelt down, picked up a dumpling, held it in her hand, and handed it to Mu Ran. Then she suppressed her crying and sobbed slightly. Said: "I want to feed..."