17 (END)

It was a rare sunny day when I was discharged from the hospital. It has been raining continuously for several days. When I woke up in the morning and saw the warm golden sun outside the window, the gloom in my heart was swept away.

I packed my things, thanked the doctors and nurses, and left the hospital. I picked some things on the street and planned to go see Xiao Yiyi, the little girl I met in the garden that day. I have gone over to see her often these past few days and have gotten to know her family a lot. It was appropriate to say goodbye after she was discharged from the hospital.

When I went there, the little girl had just woken up, and her mother was feeding her. When she saw me coming, she called her "Uncle Mu", with rice still in her little mouth and her cheeks bulging.

"Why are you here so early today? Have you had breakfast?" When her mother saw me, she hurriedly wanted to get up and say hello politely. I waved her hand to signal her to leave me alone, "It's okay. I was discharged from the hospital today. I came to say goodbye to you."

"Are you feeling well? It's great. We still have to endure it." Yiyi's mother sighed with a smile.

"It's okay. After getting through this, Yiyi will be healthy and safe for the rest of her life." I walked over and put all the fruit snacks and toys I bought for her on the table. Little Yiyi's eyes lit up immediately. She wanted to reach out but turned to look at her mother with some hesitation.

Yiyi's mother immediately became anxious. She put down the bowl and came over to take everything back, saying repeatedly that she couldn't have it.

"How much is this little thing worth? Just because she calls me Uncle Mu, can't I buy her something?" I became more determined. It happened that Yiyi's father called her at this time and asked her mother to go downstairs to get something. She really couldn't help me, so she had to put the things away with a blushing face and thanked her profusely.

"Go quickly, I'll help you look after her here." I sat next to little Yiyi and took the bowl on the cabinet to feed her.

"Oh, why bother you so much to let her eat by herself..."

"Go quickly. Her father must be waiting in a hurry." If she kept saying this, she would go on forever. I quickly interrupted her, and Yiyi's mother thanked her profusely before going out. I smiled and shook my head. This family was so simple and adorable.

When little Yiyi's meal was almost finished, I put down the bowl and took out an envelope from my bag, "Yiyi, this is a gift from your uncle." I carefully put the envelope under little Yiyi's pillow. Look at me curiously with your big eyes open. "But this gift is very special. You have to promise your uncle that you can tell your mother and ask her to open it for you after your uncle leaves."

"Can't you open it now?" Xiao Yiyi was completely attracted by me and asked nervously.

"No, if you open it now, the gift will disappear." The little girl looked so funny, I lowered my voice and teased her: "The witch will use magic to change it away."

"Don't go away!!" Xiao Yiyi hurriedly pressed her hand on the pillow, as if a witch would really appear in the next second and take away the envelope. I smiled and touched her head, "So promise uncle, okay?"

"Okay!" Xiao Yiyi nodded seriously. I reached over and pulled the hook with her, making her giggle again.

After Yiyi's parents came back, I said goodbye to the whole family. Before walking out of the ward, I looked at the happy family of three again, silently blessed them in my heart, and then turned around and left.

Inside the envelope was a bank card and a letter with a password.

I told them in the letter that I was an orphan and had an incurable disease. I had decided to give up treatment. I only had a few days left to live, so money was of no use to me. I might as well help their family, who were destined to me. If I didn't make up a clear reason like this, this honest and stubborn couple would probably keep the card for me and never use the money on it.