Chapter 3.

If I told you about
the darkness
inside of me would you
still
look at me
like I'm the Sun?

AN awkward silence filled the entire meeting room, I was sitting down with the cup of coffee still in my hands, eyes fixed on the table

AN awkward silence filled the entire meeting room, I was sitting down with the cup of coffee still in my hands, eyes fixed on the table. In the meanwhile John was scrolling through some papers with so much concentration, as I moved my gaze on him I noticed my picture on the folder he was holding.

"Is it necessary reading it right in front of me?" I broke the silence, frowning a little. Seeing someone reading the hell I've been through was uncomfortable, even though it was necessary, but still.

He knew I was a reserved person so it fueled my irritation more, "I didn't have time to read it in my office." He sighed and closed the file, with a light thud he let it drop on the table.

I opened my mouth, about to respond to him but the door opened abruptly, three deep masculine voices filling the entire room. "We can't get a damn break." One of them said as they approached the other free seats around the table.

And it seemed like they didn't even notice my presence. John then cleared his throat, catching their attention, "It's rude to not greet the new team's member." He said with an amused tone.

I raised my head from the cup and averted my gaze on the three guys — massive guys. Only one in particular caught my attention, he was wearing a skull patterned balaclava and.. sun glasses?

"Grumpy woman?" A familiar voice said and I looked at the guy with the hawk cut, I swear I almost laughed on him. "Dang." He murmured with a surprise expression, before turning to John.

"Soap, Ghost and Gaz. This is our new teammate, call her Scylla." John presented me to them and I gave a slight nod, "I hope we'll get along well." I just replied.

Soap couldn't seem to take his eyes off of me, while Gaz and Ghost gathered around the laptop with Price.

*

"When Makarov escaped, he mobilized his army on multiple fronts. Konni group hit the Urzikstan Port before sunrise, Farah was there." Laswell spoke through the meeting call, showing us slides of the new enemy and his group.

"She hurt?" John asked with a worried tone, holding his usual cigar between his index and thumb. "Negative. Her team engaged, took casualties – left Konni with a kill count of her own." Laswell responded.

Gaz let out a sigh, "Good on ya, Farah. What'd they get from the port?" He proceeded to ask.

"A shipment of American missiles." Her words made me narrow my eyes. How did a russian get missiles from America?

"Konni's got their own missiles.. What does Makarov want these for?" Soap pushed Gaz aside and focused his gaze on the missiles' pictures.

"We need to find out. I'm tracking them now. Once I get a fix, we'll action it." Laswell said and moved the slides to a map. I just came back into action and I already wanted to go away, what did I throw myself into?