Chapter 23.

It was never enough
for him,
not even when
he had finally
taken all of her.

MERIDIA's eyes opened slowly, her head was throbbing like crazy, her body sweating, the blankets suddenly felt useless

MERIDIA's eyes opened slowly, her head was throbbing like crazy, her body sweating, the blankets suddenly felt useless. Her foot kicked them off of her body, some fresh air finally caressing her heated up skin.

As she sat up, a wet towel fell off of her forehead, making her furrow her eyebrows in confusion. When did it ever appear on her?

Moving her gaze around, her eyes landed on a figure resting on the side of her bed, face buried under an arm while his hand rested on her thigh. She recognized the ink on his left arm and she cursed the Gods for letting this man in her life.

She tried at all costs to move him away, not wanting to wake him up and of course, failing. "Mhmm.." A low groan rumbled from his chest as he stirred, before he fully woke up and sat straight.

His hazel irises shone under the dim light of moonlight, his mask was strangely off, leaving his masculine face completely in plain sight to her. Without saying anything, he placed a hand over her forehead, "You still have a fever, get back to sleep." He grumbled, still sleepy, but then his eyes caught the sight in front of him.

The blanket was laying on her calfs, her whole bare body exposed, igniting a sudden desire in him. She seemed confused at first, then she realized why he was staring at her with those hungry eyes. "Don't look at me like that." Her voice came out hoarse as she slipped back under the blankets.

"Did Soap see you like this?" Ghost asked, leaning back on the chair as he narrowed his eyes a little. The simple thought of a man laying his eyes on her body made him pissed. Meridia was to be his alone, her body was to be worshipped only and exclusively by him and no one else – she shouldn't be dirtied by other hands with ill intentions.

He meant it all, from the first moment he placed his lips on her, it was like putting a stamp on her soul, a stamp that will remain forever. He would worship her body for hours, days and months, until his head and veins would be filled with her venom, a venom that was a constant temptation, a continuous attraction towards her.

He would have drowned in the sea of temptation, all alone, and he would've done the same over and over again.

He watched as she hid under the covers, still frail and sleepy. Her cheeks were of a light blush but the color on her face was better than before. His body was desperate, he felt the need to feel her attached to him, to feel her docile curves against his body.

Without saying anything, he got up from his seat and sat on the edge of the bed, making Meridia turn around to him with a clueless expression. "What are you.." She got cut off when he laid next to her, his chest pressing against her back, an arm draped over her waist to keep her close.

"Just stay silent." He whispered roughly, nuzzling his face into her silky hair. The excessive heat from her fever radiated right onto his body, a warm and comforting feeling coming through him. Her sweet scent invaded his nose, he wanted to stay like that forever and do even more.