Chapter 30.

There is
intimacy in
eye contact.

"WHATEVER was on it uploaded into the station's train network

"WHATEVER was on it uploaded into the station's train network." I stated, leaning my hands on the front trunk of the car. After clearing the tunnels and getting the flash drive, we were back outside and an SFO soldier passed me the call to Laswell.

Task Force 141 was minutes away from our position and I was impatiently waiting for them. I looked like a mess, I had dry blood on my face, vest and shoes, at least I managed to brush my hair with my hand, to look a little presentable once John and the others would've arrived.

"Trojan horse."

"So Konni has control of the trains, huh." I squirmed my eyes to look at the slides Kate was showing me. For what were they using these controls? I couldn't assure myself what precisely he was planning for.

"There's more.. face recognition found this." The slide changed, now it was a footage of a CCTV camera showing Makarov's face, as he got out of a train. "They boarded 10 minutes ago."

"Steamin' Jesus." I pulled away from the car and buried my face into my hands, heaving out a frustrated sigh. "What's going on?" John's voice echoed from afar, he was approaching me with Ghost, Soap and Gaz following behind.

I uncovered my face and turned to him, surprised looks falling onto their faces. Ghost pushed past the others and was the first one to approach me. I could see his hazel eyes bore into mine, then moving to analyze my whole face, ignoring the blood and dirt staining my skin. "What happened to your hair." His words seemed more like a statement rather than a question.

I folded my arms to my chest and narrowed my eyes at him, "Does it matter?" I retorted with a cocky tone, testing his patience. That's what he gets for dumping me after sex. Fucker.

"You left us so suddenly and you came back to face this fucking mission alone. What's your Goddamn problem? You wanna act tough? Show that you can handle yourself?" He growled lowly, his gaze sending daggers to me.

Yeah, what about you? Playing with your fucking sergeant. What does that say about you?

My chest tightened at his words, I felt the urge to slap him in the face, but I held back. I scoffed and finally turned to look away from him. This man could make me feel a thousand emotions at once, like a roller coaster. He could make me feel confused over the stupidest things.

"You look great, Scylla. Cap sent you off for some days and you came back differently." Soap butted in with positivity, trying to ease down the tension between me and the asshole of a lieutenant. And I appreciated it.

I forced a small smile in response and fully turned to John, giving him a nod to greet him, "Makarov boarded a train ten minutes ago, we got him on a CCTV camera footage." I informed him of the current situation and turned the laptop to show him the slides, we were still connected to Laswell via call.

Sea of Temptation ; Simon Riley.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara