Chapter 10.

For the longest time,
I saw myself as a bad person.
You don't know
how much it meant to me
when you looked at me
and could see the good.

You don't knowhow much it meant to mewhen you looked at meand could see the good

"BUT she's just a little girl, you can't keep on going like this.." Her sweet voice spoke from behind the door, there was a little of fear in her tone. "You failed to give me a son," He growled, a loud thud echoed in the air, quiet sobs following right after.

"Weak. She's weak just like you and I'm going to teach her how to be strong."

I was given a few days to fully recover from the gas and the broken nose, even Soap and Ghost had some time to rest.
But they still worked on the reports while I was locked in my room, on my bed.

I felt completely useless, being sent back to base by Medevac twice was such an humiliation to me. Why did it have to happen? I knew it wasn't a good idea to be back on duty.

A knock made me come back to reality, I was under the blankets, head buried under the pillow as I started to overthink again. I didn't move from my place, but the second and third knock was starting to annoy me.

With a groan I rose up from the bed and wrapped a blanket around my body, walking to the door with small and quick steps. I prepared myself mentally some nice insults to the person who came to disturb my peace and solitude.

The door swung open and I had to raise my head to meet Ghost's eyes, looking down on me. He was a fucking tower compared to me. "Is there a valid reason to why you're here?" I questioned, folding my arms to my chest and taking a step back from him.

He stared at me for a few seconds before sighing and moving me aside, stepping in my room without my permission. "What the.. hey, what do you think you're doing?" I asked as he closed the door behind himself and walked towards the couch, slumping on it.

I glared at him and walked to the other one across his, sitting down, my eyes never leaving his figure. "You disappeared," He started off, resting his elbows on his knees. "I thought I could pay you a visit."

"No need, I'm fine on my own." I shook my head in disapproval and folded my legs, leaning back on the couch. "Dear God, Scylla." A frustrated groan erupted from his throat, his eyes were sending daggers to me, "Stop acting like this."

"Excuse me? Like what?" I scoffed.

"Like you don't need anyone."

"It's the truth, I'm fine on my own!"

An awkward silence filled the whole room for a few seconds, our eyes were engaged into an intense gaze and I didn't dare to look away. "Who are you?" His question made me confused, my eyebrows arched upwards.

"Price doesn't let anyone read your records. Why? All of us know each other while you're a complete stranger." He added.

Because my life has been stained, I am rotten inside and no one needs to know.