Chapter 42.

Of all the love
my soul craves,
it craves for
yours
the most.

GHOST slid down, back leaned against the wall as he pressed his hands onto his wounded leg

GHOST slid down, back leaned against the wall as he pressed his hands onto his wounded leg. His mind was filled with worry, he kept on replaying the same scene. Meridia was taken away by the demon that lived in her head for years. He could feel his blood boil at the thought of her getting hurt all over again.

"They cut off the servers, I don't have access to the cameras anymore." Kate informed through comms. She was trying her best to find them, to at least have a lead on where they were headed with Meridia. "Fuckin' hell, it was a fucking trap." John cursed, finishing off the last few Konni left in the nightclub.

Ghost listened to them talking over the intercom, he had ripped a piece of fabric of his shirt to tie it around his wound, before he got up and limped outside to regroup with the others. "We have to get her back, Cap." Gaz said as soon as he approached them, sliding the rifle over his shoulder. The club was left with a bloody mess and Konni men dead on the ground, with no lead ahead.

It seemed like Jonathan had been planning this moment just to get his hands back on his daughter — but the real reason behind it was still unknown. He was a bastard with a sick mind. "We find Jonathan and Makarov, we find Scylla. She must be with them." Kate got out of the truck, brushing her hands over her arms nervously.

Everyone was tensed, no one expected an ambush. It was a fatal mistake and it costed Meridia's safety, but they were sure she was going to handle it and stay strong. At least, she could've tried to find a way to get in contact with them. She was smart and skilled.

John heaved out a loud sigh, scratching his beard as he tried to make out a plan. "Bloody hell." He cursed roughly, keeping down the urge to smash something in that moment. He felt desperate, he couldn't let one of his best soldiers get taken away. Especially Meridia.

"John, she's going to be fine. I just.. need to dig better and find a lead to where they–"

"She's not! You remember what I told you? That man traumatized her and now he has her back."

Silence fell over them, no one dared to utter a word. Ghost ignored the pain from his wound, he was still thinking about her. There was no way he was going to let her suffer, he needed to act up. "Fuck, LT. You're bleeding." Soap's face turned into a frown and immediately approached him, crouching down to check his leg.

"It's a minor injury, not important." He grumbled in response, looking away with his usual neutral expression. It didn't matter to him, as long as it was just his leg. Kate turned to him, folding her arms, "Boys, go back to the place. And you, MacTavish, help him take out that bullet."

*

All I could see was darkness. My cheeks were aching, my busted lower lip burning. The air around me was humid, a familiar sensation that made it so hard to breathe. I could feel my hands tied on my back with leather cuffs, and whenever I moved them a metallic sound echoed in the room. Not again, please.