Chapter 40.

She's so pretty
the stars would cry.

She's so prettythe stars would cry

(A/N: suits Simon so well. :p )

⋆༺𓆩☠︎︎𓆪༻⋆

"IT'S going to be okay, Simon." Meridia's voice came out like a sweet whisper, her ear listening to the loud beats of his heart. He remained still, silent, her words struck something in him that made him want to tear up, yet it never happened.

Ghost pulled her closer, wanting to fill his lungs with her sweet scent, to feel her warmth against his body, to have her here with him so he could feel calm forever.

"I'm so sorry, Meridia." He barely managed to speak out, scared to hurt her any further with his stupid words. It was exactly what he did the other day, not knowing how to explain his feelings.

He felt the urge to push her away, to not let his body and heart get used to her. The effect she had on him scared him to death, he wasn't used to situations like this, he didn't know how to express himself in the right ways. Speaking of sincere feelings, he had never learned to let himself go for once.

Except for her. With her, everything was different. He could see his same pain in her blue irises, his same fears, her strong urgers to not get too attached. He felt too good with her, and it terrified him.

It was the main reason he tried to push her away, resulting only in an emptiness in his chest and regret for doing so. Only this way he did realize that he needed her. He needed to feel her around him, to fill his nose with her scent every day and to feel the tranquility every time he had her in his arms.

"Small steps. You'll be just fine." Meridia responded to him, not caring about the apologies. It wasn't his fault, she could never blame him after finally knowing. They were both scared, unready, still wounded.

She sat up and turned her body to look at him, even if it was dark, she could still see his eyes shining under the moonlight.
"I never understood why I felt so connected with you. But now I know." She whispered softly.

Ghost reached for her hand and interlocked his fingers with hers, before leaving a gentle kiss on the back of her hand. "You're a strong one." He simply replied, his voice holding a bit of a proud tone that made her heart melt.

He was trying to be gentle, and it felt almost strange. "So are you." Meridia smiled and pressed her forehead against his, his warm breath caressing her face.

"But you're still struggling."

"I know. I can't help it when my father is trying to kill a whole city."

A low humm rumbled from his chest, his eyes closed slowly as he sucked in a breath. "I wish I was strong like you." Her words made him snap his eyes open back again, his mind emptying from any possible thought or words.