Chapter 29.

Maybe when
the time is
right
you will
find me
again.

Maybe whenthe time isrightyou willfind meagain

"CORDON off the perimeter. Rest of you, with me." I ordered a few soldiers while I was tightening the straps of the vest around my torso. The backup arrived in a few minutes and brang extra gear for me, luckily.

The blue lights of the SFO cars illuminated the small street, some soldiers marched inside to check if there were any of Makarov's men at the entrance. "Tunnel's clear. There's a locked door leading to the old train station." SFO1 reported to me through comms.

I swung the rifle over my shoulder and slid the gun into the thigh holster, after reassuring myself that I had enough ammo and mags with me.

John had just landed with the rest of 141, they were going to gear up quickly and approach my position, but for now I had to start push first. "At the door prepping for breach." SFO1 reported again and with a sigh, I tried to calm my nerves down.

I pulled into my hands the rifle and started to walk inside the tunnel. The walls were full of graffiti of various colours, some painting cans were left on the ground, there was a heavy air that made it difficult for me to breathe, also due to anxiety.

With quick steps, I approached the soldiers, "Breach is up, on your signal, Sergeant."

I inhaled deeply and brushed behind my ear a platinum strand that fell on my face, "Ready. Let's get this fucking done." I stated with narrow eyes, preparing myself physically and mentally to face this tough mission.

"Breach in

3..

2..

1!"

"Execute!"

"Pushing in!"

I stayed back, holding my rifle tightly as the lucky charm on it shone under the dim lights of the tunnel. One by one, the soldiers barged in the room, aiming with their rifle to take down possible enemies.

I sucked in a breath, anxiety was taking over me and I tried to not show it. I was a fucking trained soldier, there was no time for anxiety.

"Sweeping left."

"Sweeping right."

I started to approach the door with slow steps, "Clear." SFO1 stated through comms. That's when I made my entry and connected to the server, "Laswell, we're in." I reported to her, making my way towards the stairs leading to the lower level.

"Copy. Find that buyer and get that drive, Scylla."

"Team 1, push downstairs with us." I signaled with my head to the first team, then I started to climb downstairs. "Copy."

I kept the weapon tight in my hands, my finger ready behind the trigger in case any enemy appeared. The light was so dim, I struggled to see but I was just fine like this. Turning on the flashlight could have alarmed any threat hiding down here.