Chapter 16.

Vivamus,
moriendum est.

THE hall was still packed with guests, some drunk, some tired and sitting down at the tables to chat and rest

THE hall was still packed with guests, some drunk, some tired and sitting down at the tables to chat and rest. The night was still young. It has been an hour and a half since parting ways with Scylla and Ghost haven't heard anything from her yet, which was very odd.

Laswell made sure to let them know that they had to give her updates every thirty minutes, Ghost gave his updates but Scylla disappeared without any notice or trace. Everyone was so sure that she was going to be fine on her own. He was the only one to notice her moments of weakness, all the times she pushed everyone away, as if she didn't trust anyone. She was a tough nut to crack and he knew she was broken behind the mask she always put on around TF141, around everyone.

He knew because he went through the same pain too.

"Watcher to Ghost, nothing from Scylla?" Kate asked, she was continuously switching cameras, hoping to find her somewhere. But she was nowhere to be seen. From time to time servers would flicker and loose signal, yet she underestimated the problem.

Arseni was smarter than they thought.

"No, I looked for her all over the Villa." Ghost grumbled in response, slumping down on a couch of a secluded area. He walked around the place for a whole hour, he searched every room and restroom, returning with nothing.

"Kate?" His eyebrows shot up in confusion when his earpiece made a buzzing noise, "Kate, this is Ghost. How copy?" He tried once again, the buzzing still ongoing. "Fuckin' hell." He cursed under his breath, running a hand through his hair in frustration. The servers got shut down all of a sudden and now he was left alone, his partner lost somewhere around the Villa.

*

"I guess we have different points of view." I laughed nervously, taking a step back when Arseni took one forward, willing to close the gap between us. "Is the little ruby nervous?" He asked roughly, stepping forward until my back collided with the railing, now being trapped between it and the man.

"What a shame your husband isn't here." He clicked his tongue while he placed an index finger under my chin, to raise my head. I took a silent deep breath, my hand secretly reaching under my slit to grab a throwing knife, tied to the garter.

"I wouldn't recommend making him mad, he gets very violent." I whispered under my breath, before grasping the knife and with a quick movement, trying to stab him in the leg. But he was quicker.

He grabbed my wrist tightly and twisted it, a pained groan erupting from me. "Ah uh." His grin widened and he raised my hand, the knife falling on the ground with a loud clink. I shut my eyes tightly from the pain and let out a shaky sigh.

"You and your stupid team thought I was stupid?" He commented with a sarcastic tone, "Tsk tsk, Riri. I thought you were better than this," He shook his head before letting go of my wrist, his other hand trailing under my slit to grab the garter and rip it off, making the other knives fall on the ground. Hearing that nickname, that only my relatives and mother used, made my anxiety and anger grow. It was such a personal thing and I didn't expect him, out of all people, to say it.