Chapter 18.

Because
who would
love a girl
with scars?

AS soon as I 'recovered', I was immediately sent to the interrogation room, an obligation after Andrei blurted out my full real name, information that only a very few knew

AS soon as I 'recovered', I was immediately sent to the interrogation room, an obligation after Andrei blurted out my full real name, information that only a very few knew. My mask had completely crumbled, leaving only the little Meridia that seeked comfort and safety.

"Please, state your full name, age and position in Task Force 141." The questioner spoke, flipping one by one the pages of the mission's reports and my records.

"Meridia Wilson, callsign's Scylla. I'm twenty six years old and I'm a sergeant." My voice came out quiet and trembling, the room felt so cold, the air so heavy – I just wanted to get out of here and be in peace. Instead, I was stuck in here because a bastard was trying to frame me and tear me apart.

A disinterested humm rumbled from his throat, his fingers tapping on the table's surface while he kept on the reading the reports. "So, four days ago you went on an undercover mission with the lieutenant Simon Riley. Can you confirm?"

"Yes, of course." I nodded my head in approval, my eyes darting from the papers to my fumbling hands. "And Austria's Special Forces were there too, for Arseni." I was trying so hard to not zone out, I couldn't stand being here as if I did something wrong.

"The other soldiers, including Ghost and König, stated that you got into a physical fight with Arseni and before leaving, he called out your real full name. That's why you're here today."

A sigh fell from my lips and when I raised my head to face him, he was already looking at me with an arched brow, "What's your connection with Arseni Kozlov?" He asked me, clasping his hands together.

"None, I wish I knew too how he knows my name." I simply answered, pursuing my lips into a thin line, there was no way I was going to mention my father in this. It felt more than enough.

This man gave me a disapproving look, making my stomach twist, "Ms Wilson, you need to be honest and just collaborate."

"I am saying the truth."

"It doesn't look like."

"But I am."

He seemed a little irritated by the attitude I was giving him. "How does Kozlov know your real name?" He tried again and now I was the one getting irritated here.

"I wish I fucking knew too. Maybe if the SAS servers were safe and protected enough he wouldn't have hacked them to get intel!" I snapped at him, shooting him a glare.

With an heavy sigh, he stood up from the chair and exited the room, leaving me all alone and freezing. After a few moments I thought he came back, instead, John stepped inside.

"Merid–"

"It's Scylla, now." I immediately cut him off, a frown forming on my face as I looked away. "Right, sorry."