Chapter 12.

Rivers fall from
my mouth
tears that
my eyes
can't hold.

BARGING into Price's office, I slammed the door behind me and covered my mouth tightly, before letting out the most intense and frustrated groan

BARGING into Price's office, I slammed the door behind me and covered my mouth tightly, before letting out the most intense and frustrated groan. I shook my head violently, my hair moving frantically in the air as I did so, "He's such a cunt!" I groaned once again, desperate.

John was still away on a mission to capture Andrei, Gaz returned earlier for a reason I didn't even bother to know.
Now that I calmed myself, I started to look around my surroundings. The office was more decorated than Ghost's, I could still smell John's usual cigars in the air and it made me nauseous, how in the hell could he smoke such things?

I stormed towards his desk and slammed down the reports, my knees were still shaking from the high of the previous session, the feeling of his lips on my neck lingered until now. A hand went to caress that exact side and instinctively I closed my eyes, the scenes from before replaying in my head.

Oh no, no no no no.

I shook my head frantically and rounded the desk, accommodating on John's swivel chair. I might just rent this office for a while, who could ever think that I'm hiding in here?

Immediately, I got back to work, finishing to write the last intel and procedures of the mission, before signing with my name and closing the file. Now it was just me and me, in this smelly office.

I searched for my pockets and fished out my phone, it was only lunch and I already wanted to go in a coma in my bed. I still had to give in the reports and for sure I wasn't going back into that damned office, not now, not tomorrow, never.

He had to stay away from me, he could take out a side from me that I didn't even know it existed. What I knew perfectly was that my body craved for him whenever he was around me, and that didn't do any good.

To clear up my mind, I found myself calling my uncle's number, hoping that at least this time he would've answer one of my calls. At the sixth ring I hung up with a heavy heart and called her wife instead, Joyce.

Differently from him, she responded the call after the first three rings, "Riri! Oh my my, it's been almost three weeks since I last heard you." Her sweet squeal oozed from the phone, I had to slightly pull away. "Auntie," An unusual small smile formed on my lips, hearing her voice was a relief, at least I knew she was alright and as solar as always.

"I'm sorry, I've been so busy on missions and I'm still adapting to my team, the base, the trainings.. everything." My tone softened, I couldn't help but feel guilty for not reaching out sooner to them, my only family left.

"It's okay, sweetheart," She let out a warm hearting laugh, before her tone completely changed, "Riri."

"Mhm?" I rose on my feet and walked towards the window, leaning against its frame to watch the view on the city – John surely had the best office in the whole building. "David.. he's sick." She responded.