Chapter 38.

Never been the
type to
Let someone see
right through.

"SCYLLA nice seeing you again, how are you doing?" Kate's voice oozed from the laptop, I was currently sitting at my uncle's desk, hands folded on my lap as I stared at the screen ahead of me

"SCYLLA nice seeing you again, how are you doing?" Kate's voice oozed from the laptop, I was currently sitting at my uncle's desk, hands folded on my lap as I stared at the screen ahead of me. My guts screamed that this wasn't going to take a nice turn, that my father was out there doing the work that Makarov hadn't done.

Sucking in a breath, my eyes trailed on John, who was pacing around the office while checking on some files Kate sent him. "Better, yeah." I muttered in response, my teeth digging into my lower lip nervously. Somehow, the situation still felt uneasy, though I wanted so badly to have my hands on that bastard and let him pay for his sins.

"Jonathan Wilson, I heard your story and informed myself about what happened in the past. I'm so sorry you went through all th—" I cut her off, my guts twisted. No more pity for me, no more of that. I was sick of it. "I'm fine now, Kate." She watched me intently, pursuing her lips before speaking again.

"Vladimir Makarov, in 2006 he was detected by CCTV cameras around Rochdale and London, he was often seen with your father in bars and clubs. Seems like they were great friends." She started off and I gave her all my attentions, focusing on the screen while she opened slides and showed me the images of him and Jonathan together, laughing and having drinks.

I could feel a tight knot forming in my throat, my guts twisting tightly, seeing two sick men together was fucking disgusting. "After what happened.. back to your house, your father seeked help from him, in exchange for something,"

"He had to work for Makarov." I ended the sentence for her, my hands were gripping tightly onto the armrests of the chair, my nails digging into the leather.
"He changed names, he goes by Fedor Balakin." John butted in, closing the file with a loud thud and letting it fall onto the desk. What a silly name, disgusting.

"I've got a lead on his movements. He took advantage of his unknown identity and boarded a train when you defused the bomb in the tunnel. He stopped by a few cities and we lost tracks of him at the last stop." Kate went on, moving slides and showing me his face getting caught by the CCTV camers of the station. My eyebrows furrowed, if only I had something with me that day.. if only I didn't let my demons take over..

She stayed silent for a few moments, I was waiting for her to continue but I understood her silence, he was somewhere I completely expected him to be.

"He's in Rochdale."

My body went weak, all the blood was drained from my face and John saw it all. He rounded the table quickly and firmly placed a hand over my shoulder, giving it a light squeeze while he bent forward to look at Kate through the call.

No, not there. God, please, no.

All my memories were there, my apartment, my old house where I grew up in and suffered in, the cemetery where my mother was buried, not fucking Rochdale.