Chapter 8.

The solitude is
a sign of a
desperate need
of yourself.

WHEN I woke up my head was aching badly, my body felt cold but there was someone radiating heat next to me

WHEN I woke up my head was aching badly, my body felt cold but there was someone radiating heat next to me. Opening my eyes, I was met by Ghost's sleeping face, an arm draped over my waist to keep me pressed up against him.

I recalled yesterday's event and my eyes widened in horror. Panic. Terror. Everything. I moved away from his grasp, being careful to not wake him up, and I started to pick up my clothes from the ground. You're an idiot Scylla, he's your fucking lieutenant.

I stumbled into the hallway while I put on my clothes, I had no idea what time it was but everyone still seemed to be asleep, so I took the opportunity to get back to base. For the entire journey I was insulting myself in all the possible ways, for being so stupid to get drunk and let a man between my legs –specifically a lieutenant between a sergeant's legs.

Once I was back in my room I took a quick shower, enjoying the hot water running on my skin, washing away the memories of last night. I could still feel his hands all over me, his lips that trailed fire on my body, his torso pressed up against mine.. no. Stop.

A groan rumbled from my chest, I felt so frustrated with myself and Ghost. What the hell was he thinking?

The whole morning I made sure to stay away from the others, I avoided the shooting range, the Cafeteria, the meeting room, everything possible.

God apparently was never on my side as Laswell ordered an urgent regrouping of 141.

A few hours later we were in the helicopter, wearing our uniforms and gears, landing at Nikolai's hangar. The whole flight I was sitting far away from the others, Soap and Gaz were questioning the situation while Ghost seemed to know already why I was acting like that, not even bothered or ashamed.

The door slid open and Price shot us some knowing glare, he perfectly knew the looks of some guys going through an hangover, yet he decided to not say anything. I was the first one to hop down and swing my rifle over the shoulder, the others following behind me as I approached John with brief steps.

"How ya holding up?" He asked Laswell, a tall man following behind her with a smiling face. "Still here." She replied and smiled when Price caressed her arm, returning the same attention.

"My brothers.." Nikolai spoke with a thick russian accent while he approached Gaz, bumping his fist, "Nik!"

While everyone talked, I stayed silent and a meter away from them, watching the whole scene unfold. Ghost too was standing away, his face hidden behind his usual skull mask and the comms headsets over his head.

I shook my head in disapproval and followed the group as it moved inside the hangar, towards a room with a big screen and a table. We all stood around it, unaware of the current situation.