Chapter 22.

I saw magic
in his eyes.
Dirty, dark,
beautiful magic.

"IT was about Goddamn's time!" Meridia cursed loudly when the helo finally landed

"IT was about Goddamn's time!" Meridia cursed loudly when the helo finally landed. The team has been through hell the whole way, the enemies seemed infinite and she risked her life around three to four times already. John quickly opened the door and she hopped inside first, taking a seat in the very far corner. She rubbed her trembling hands, her teeth chattered together from the cold, her cheeks flushed a light red.

"I'm so sorry, milady!" Nik exclaimed from the pilot's room with a joking tone. She shot him a glance and heaved out a sigh, a warm cloud coming out from her dry lips. "Woah, Scylla. White suits you well." He said turning his head to look at her better. He was referring to the dry gear and her uniform, completely white to blend in the snow.

Her eyes looked brighter and were more enhanced, her black hair tied in a bun contrasted her fair skin.

The others climbed in the vehicle and took the other seats, leaving one empty next to her. "All inside?" Nik asked, John looking around the small space before closing the door. "Afirm – get her up!"

"Laswell, seven on deck. We're RTB."

*

The helo slowly descended to the snowy ground, another one had already landed. Laswell was standing outside, watching our vehicle land safely.

John was the first one to get out, his rifle still in his hands as he approached Laswell with a tensed expression on his face. Gaz and Soap dragged the general with them, "Put him here." ordered John and the two soldiers forced Shepherd on his knees. "What the hell's this..?" He muttered confusingly, his knees colliding with the ground harshly.

Meridia hopped off, she had taken off her helmet to let down her long hair, maybe it would've given her a little more of warmth. She followed behind Ghost, keeping a safe distance, "Withouth the stars and bars, you look like frozen shit, Shepherd." Kate stated, looking down at him as he slowly got up on his feet, brushing off the snow from his pants.

He looked around himself, surrounded by six all in white soldiers glaring at him, "The best of the best.. all in one place." He muttered, before his eyes fell on Meridia who was frowning at him.

"With one glaring exception." She added with a cocky tone, wrapping her arms around her weapon. The general gave off strange vibes to her since day one, her guts were always right.

"What is the agenda of this little pow pow?" Shepherd asked, "A choice." Soap responded, eyes boring into his back. "Do I have on–" "No." Ghost immediately cut him off.

Meridia's eyes fell on his intimidating stance, he looked different when wearing white. She eyed him from head to toe, nibbling on her lower lip when her mind trailed off to other prohibited thoughts. Atta fuckin' girl..