Chapter 19.

Dark hair,
whiskey eyes.

THE tension was thick between Meridia and Ghost as they walked towards an unknown destination

THE tension was thick between Meridia and Ghost as they walked towards an unknown destination. He was walking ahead of her, his face stone cold while his hand gripped onto the straps of his vest.

On the other hand, she was still thinking about the previous conversation with König, that soldier surely had taken her attention, she wasn't used to men complimenting her in such ways, she was always so reserved and quiet, keeping down her profile to not attract people to her.

Yet it seemed that the exact opposite happened, she was still unaware of Ghost's attraction towards her – a lustful and cursed one. "What the hell? Where are we even going?" She scowled, slowing down her steps as she was about to refuse to follow him any further. "Keep on following, sergeant." Ghost grumbled coldly, keeping his fast pace towards an exit that led directly to the parking lot of the private base.

Meridia cursed silently under her breath and sped up her steps, trying to catch up on him but his legs were much longer and his steps huge. God, how she wanted to strangle him.

"Are we seriously going to talk here?" She asked once they approached their Range Rover, Ghost leaning against it with his back and arms folded to his chest.

He kept his stone cold expression, eyes looking down at her as she just stood still, waiting for him to speak up about the 'serious' matter.

Finally, he heaved out a sigh and pushed himself away from the car, closing the gap between him and Meridia. She had to raise her head to look straight into his eyes, the unusual closeness making her nervous. "Is it necessary to get this close to just talk?"
She asked quietly with a frown.

"What did he tell you, Meridia?" Her name rolled down his tongue with an husky tone, teasing her with the slightest sensuality, "I'm sure as hell you overheard our conversation." She retorted annoyingly, folding her arms to her chest and squeezing her legs together as a sudden heat burst down her lower abdomen.

Hearing her name coming from him felt like another whole thing, something that lit up a dangerous fire in her.

"What. Did. He. Tell. You." He pressed his body against hers, his head lowering to keep the eye contact. Her eyes slightly widened, not expecting him to get this close, to invade her personal space after telling her harsh things about few days ago.

"None of your business." She grumbled, she didn't have any intention on giving him what he wanted. A low growl rumbled from his chest, his hand lifting to grab her chin between his index finger and thumb, keeping a gentle yet firm grip.

He made her tilt her head more, a tiny gasp escaping her, her face fully exposed to his sight. A quiet groan came out from him, though he wanted to stay away from her, he kept on feeling attracted like a magnet, she was fucking irresistible.