Chapter 5.

Above all
I want to save
You
From me.

AFTER the first mission, me and the others were given two days of rest

AFTER the first mission, me and the others were given two days of rest. Especially me, since I had to recover from the inhaled gas. It gave me some breathing problems during the last few hours but everything seemed to be going steady.

Since I didn't like staying in bed doing nothing I decided to go train a little, not expecting Price to order some of the 141 to check on me every now and then. I felt like a baby. In the meanwhile he was sent on another mission with Farah to stop the first missile.

Panting heavily, I slumped on the ground and flexed my hands in and out, my knuckles bruised from the excessive force of my hits on the punching bag. Taking out the pressure was such a good relief, surely the mission had me going crazy already and it was just the first one.

"Aye, yi"ll need cooncil juice?" Soap appeared out of nowhere, leaning against the door frame of the training hall. He almost made my heart fly out from the scare, then my mind tried to translate his words.

"What.. Speak English." I rolled my eyes and got up from the ground, still flexing my fingers to soothe the numbness. "Water?" He arched a brow and raised in the air a bottle of water.

"I don't want your stupid water."

"Oh, yes, you want it. You need it."

"Of course not."

"Of course yes. It helps the dehydration." He started to walk towards me and I held a hand in the air, stopping him in his tracks. "I don't need you to watch over me, I'm fine like this and I drank water already." I fought back with a small glare.

"With what water? There's nothing in your fridge." His eyebrows knit together and tossed me the water bottle, "Yes, I d— How do you even know?" I gave him the most disgusted look I could, earning a chuckle from him.

"I have my ways, now drink up." He raised his chin slightly and eyed me suspiciously, so I just followed and took a big sip of the water, feeling immediately better after that. "Don't ever do that again." I murmured and turned around to have him face my back while I gathered my things inside the bag.

"Do what?"

"Treat me like a child that needs care."

My words seemed to shock him, was I being too harsh perhaps? It was my nature, pushing away everyone. No one had to see through me, to see the demons living in my head and the hell I've been through. I was strong enough to care for myself.

"I'm just trying to make you feel comfortable around us, you're too tens—"

"I'm not!" I finally snapped and my head flew to his direction, "I don't need anyone around me, I'm fine on my fucking own." I said through clenched teeth, my fists balling tightly. I don't need anyone else to hurt me, to make me feel weak and vulnerable. Not anymore.