Chapter 14.

He was all seven
of the deadly sins.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror, my hair was curled elegantly and let loose over my bare back, the red shiny gown hugged my curves perfectly and ended on the ground, with a small train

I stared at my reflection in the mirror, my hair was curled elegantly and let loose over my bare back, the red shiny gown hugged my curves perfectly and ended on the ground, with a small train. I decided to cut a slit over one of my thighs, so I could easily move away the dress and grab my throwing knives.

Laswell made sure to send a few of her men to hide gears around the Villa, in case something happened I could've easily find a weapon.

With a heavy sigh, I grabbed the red lipstick and let it color my lips, so it matched the gown perfectly, together with the high heels. And here comes Lydia Harrison, face cooked with a makeup that exalted my blue eyes.

A sudden few knocks on the door made me flinch, Ghost's voice following right after, "Get out, it's time." He spoke roughly and I just rolled my eyes in annoyance. How rude.

I stole another quick glance at my reflection and puffed my curls, before finally getting out of the bathroom, only to bump into his hard chest. I rubbed my forehead in frustration and raised my head to meet his stern gaze, he seemed to be checking me from head to toe.

*

Just one last taste he needed, one last taste of her. She was pure heroin, by the looks and flavor, her ocean eyes, the only place where he wanted to get lost in, her black raven hair that he wanted to nuzzle so bad, her small curves that he wanted to squeeze against himself, her lips, a drug that he wanted to savor again.

She could attract everyone just by her seductive beauty and her sweet voice, like a siren, a creature that lured mariners to destruction by their singing and beauty. She was one of them.

Ghost tried his best to ignore the temptation and it resulted difficult staying away once he had one taste of her. His body craved more, he wanted to suck out all her temptation and leave her drained, until she didn't have any effects on him anymore.

He wasn't a man made for love – he never was and never wanted to be. He thought of it as a mortal disease, he thought that love could branch dangerously into his soul, leaving him caged and suffering once that one beloved person left him alone. And he didn't need anyone, in this life and death environment, except himself.

Scylla was standing close enough to him, so close that he could smell her intoxicating yet seductive perfume. Her body was softly hugged by the red gown, her prosperous breasts pushed up from the tight corset, her collarbones sharp and tempting.

Ghost was wearing a dark red velvety suit, to match his supposed wife, and an elegant mask of the same color. His muscular build was well defined, the shirt underneath the suit restrained against his toned muscles. His hair was slightly pushed to the back with a little gel, tonight he looked nothing like a soldier, a simple businessman with his wife to enjoy the ball.