Chapter 31.

I've never
fallen from quite
this high.

I placed a hand over the doorknob and sucked in a breath, before turning it and pushing the door open slowly

I placed a hand over the doorknob and sucked in a breath, before turning it and pushing the door open slowly. I sneaked inside, crouching behind the shelves and crates, slowly making my way to where the voices came from.

As soon as I got close enough, I stood up and opened fire, taking down two of the Konnis while Soap took down the third one. The hostages stumbled on the ground and looked at us in fear, "Special Forces." I told them with a firm tone and turned to John, "Get them to safety." Two soldiers from SFO stepped forward and helped the hostages out of the place.

I approached Soap who was now crouching behind a wall next to the garage door, I had to take over the controls for him, "This is 7-1, We're at the crossover now, Watcher." He reported through comms, waiting for Laswell's signal to move forward.

"That's Makarov's last known position. Six, stay sharp."

I took deep and long breaths, trying to calm my nerves down. Was this finally going to be the end of all?

"Let's ready up - Makarov may be behind these doors." John stated as he changed mags to his weapon. I turned my attention on the controls and pressed the green button, activating the garage door. "Moving."

Once we could step through it, I opened fire to the Konni surveying the tunnels, a whole battlefield exploding down here. I hid behind some sacks to change the mag of my rifle, John and Soap crouched down on the other side, firing at every threat.

"Push forward!"

I stood up from my hiding spot and was about to cross the binary when a voice called out to me, "Watch out!" I immediately froze, a train passed by in full speed, centering right three Konnis that were about to push us.

I stumbled backwards, falling on the ground as the strong wind made me loose balance. My heart was racing a marathon, my hands were trembling violently. I had just escaped death.

Soap ran to me and kneeled in front of me, placing a hand over my shoulder to check on me, "You good?!" He looked panicked, his eyes were slightly wide and he was panting. I licked my lips and inhaled sharply, "Always."

With his help, I rose to my feet and proceeded to push with them. It was fucking hell, Konnis left and came continuously, they were so damn infinite.

The further we went, the more it was filled with enemies and turrets, it almost seemed like we wouldn't make it in time. Fire. Crouch down. Charge. Fire. Crouch down. Charge.

An endless cycle of it, I was starting to feel exhausted, we still had a long way to go and I was hoping that more backup was coming with us.

"Makarov has to be close!" John exclaimed through the comms, making all my exhaustion fade away and rising my hopes. We moved ahead, I was covering their backs while they cleared the path together with the SFO.