𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄.

And suddenly,
the monster in him
falls silent as he
rests his head
on her lap.

And suddenly,the monster in himfalls silent as herests his headon her lap

; TWO YEARS LATER.

"Meridia, go take the whiskey in the storage!" Zolani ordered while keeping her eyes glued on the list in her hands. Her hair was cut into a bob, a red so bright that it was impossible to not notice her. She had asian features, sharp and seductive, she always wore that bitchy expression but deep inside she was a softie that cared a lot about her workers.

Thea swung the cloth over her shoulder and turned to her side to check on her colleague, "You heard her, Dia." She let out an amused chuckle. The club was getting ready to host a special event tonight; delicate golden decorations hung around the place, the dim leds were turned blue instead of the usual red, seats and tables were set up elegantly.

"Fuuuck." Meridia rolled eyes and got out from behind the counter, tying her platinum hair up in a quick and messy bun. It took her so long to let them grow out and she was impressed by the results. She wasn't going to touch them anymore, she had nothing else to bury, no secrets to hide.

She spent the past few years focusing on herself. She retired from the Special Forces and started anew, in another city. Surely, recovering alone was quite hard, it took her alot of therapies and willingness. And she was proud of herself for the results, because now the past no longer influenced her present self like once.

She learned how to move on, to leave behind the guilt and grief. The death of her father wasn't a burden to her anymore, he deserved it for the horrible things he committed and it happened during her military career. John had signed it as defensive, which was partially true.

Joyce, on the other hand, sold the villa and transferred to a smaller house, close to her sons. At least she would've had company.

Meridia headed down to the secluded hallway, greeting the other waitresses that were pacing around the club to finish the last touches. She had been working here for almost a year and she was proclaimed manager just a few weeks ago, so this was going to be her very first time to witness the special event. The guest's list was already full, there were even special guests coming from other cities and she wondered how famous could this kind of night be.

She checked the time on her phone, another thirty minutes and she would've gone to prepare. Getting down the stairs to the storage, she busied herself on the phone while looking for the bottle of whiskey. Ah, how she'd kill for some.

König: How's the preparations going, prinzessin?

She chuckled quietly over his message. Even after getting rejected countless times from her, he still wanted to hear from her and she couldn't deny that he was such a good friend in the end.