Chapter 34.

Parts of me
remind me of
you.

AN entire week had passed, the past days Soap and Gaz came to visit me from time to time, Kate too

AN entire week had passed, the past days Soap and Gaz came to visit me from time to time, Kate too. But there was no sign of Ghost, and actually it was better like this. That man knew how to confuse me in absurd ways, I no longer even knew how to look at him, whether as a simple teammate or something more.

They told me that he was the first to take me in his arms while I was hit by the bullet and losing consciousness. He stayed with me the whole way to the hospital and waited for me to wake up. But once I woke up, he hadn't come to see me once.

I wondered what was going on through his head.

After I got discharged from the hospital, John assured me that there wasn't going to be any mission or meeting so I could go rest at home, in Weymouth. In reality, I preferred the hospital than the villa.

Aunt Joyce convinced me to just come and get some rest, she could take care of me and tend the wound for me. In the end, I accepted. At least I would've given her some company and comfort for my uncle's current situation.

"Do you want to eat something, dear?" Joyce's voice echoed from the kitchen, while I sat in the living room with my laptop on my legs. I was frantically looking for my father's information, even the tiniest bit, but nothing could be found.

"It's on you, I don't have any preferences." I responded without moving my gaze away from the screen. I rubbed my forehead with the back of my hand and heaved out a frustrated sigh, before slamming close the laptop.

Slowly, I got on my feet and let out a small groan from the pain, the wound was still healing but the sensation was unbearable. "I'll make pasta then!" She said with her usual joyful tone, before the metallic sound of pans and lids echoed in the kitchen.

I hadn't eaten a dish from Joyce in a very long time, her cooking had always been one of the best. With slow steps, I walked outside and sat on one of the couches of the porch, taking in the view of the sea in front of me.

God, I wanted to dive in the water so bad. I felt stressed, full of thoughts and worries. My mind went back on the last mission; my father didn't die and managed to escape, now he had probably taken Makarov's place – but I was betting that he hadn't died either.

I got pulled away from my thoughts when I saw a military car approaching the villa, my heart beat sped up immediately. "What the fuck.." I mumbled and slowly got on my feet, climbing down the steps.

I had to squirm my eyes to see who was in there, and a familiar hat caught my eyes at the driver's seat. The car then stopped once it was parked next to Joyce's and my eyebrows shot up when Task Force 141 came out.

"What is this?" I asked confusingly, but they only ignored it and took out bags from the trunk. "Scylla, nice seeing you again." John said with a sarcastic tone, somehow it turned bitter too.