Chapter 9.

Our backs
tell stories that
no book spine
can hold.

Our backstell stories thatno book spine can hold

"THEY found Makarov's financier. She's an oligarch named Milena Romanova. Been doing Makarov's bidding behind the scenes for years." Kate spoke through the comms.

We were heading towards her private island, isolated and remote, filled with security: Konni group. The continuous waves hitting the boat were making my stomach twist and for sure my face showed all my suffering.

I focused my gaze on my feet, my hands fidgeting on the lucky charm hanging from my rifle. It was a small golden siren, its tail decorated with the most beautiful details, a gift from my uncle when he found out I was enlisting.

"We can roll up her money. Island's got servers that can get us into her banking."

"We need to get past her security protocols." Ghost's voice oozed over the comms, making me turn to look at him.

"Someone out there has a FOB key. We find him, I can get a live line and crack it."

"We'll infil from the water and split up. I'll go for the FOB key with Scylla, Ghost secures the rear perimeter." Soap nudged my side and I shot him a glare – in the end they all got used to my grumpy behavior.

We were now getting closer to the island's shore, the sky was dark and a storm was about to come. Ghost stopped the boat and signaled us to go, but damn the water looked terrifying.

I am strong, I have to be strong.

"Goin' in. Scylla, after me." Soap said before diving inside the water. I shot a look at Ghost and grasped my weapon tightly, "I'll have your back. Go." He whispered to me.

I took a deep breath and dived in too, swimming after Soap towards the shore. My black hair, previously tied in a bun, came undone as I moved, the soft locks dancing gracefully in the water.

A few silenced shots echoed near me, a pained groan from a guard following right after. Soap climbed on the deck and held out a hand to me, I grabbed it to help myself out of the water.

I let out an annoyed sigh when I felt my wet hair loose, I had no other hair tie and I hoped that it wouldn't give me problems.

We moved along the beach, checking for supplies that Shadow's left when they scouted the island. I grabbed a few grenades and mags, before we climbed on the rocks, near some cabanas. Before Soap could get on a balcony, I eyed an enemy and quickly took him down with my silenced weapon.

"Nice fucking shot, Scylla." He chuckled, while I aimed around to check for other enemies, eventually taking a few more down. I covered his back while he searched around the cabana, finding nothing but other supplies.

We moved ahead, walking up some stairs. I kept behind him and shot from afar other enemies, so he had his path free. We reached a small square, packed with enemies, and we opened fire. "Get down, Scylla! LMG!" A loud gun fire exploded in the air, making me crouch down behind a wall and cover my ears from the loudness.