Three Months After

Three months have passed and a lot of things happened. Recovering from Blessie's demise, Jessica started recording original songs and uploaded it on YouTube. After giving in to Pocholo's request to undergo a makeover, it is now sure that an Acoustic Princess is born!

She started uploading more videos and fans started to take notice. Her subscribers reached a thousand mark, then 10 thousand then a noontime show contacted her to ask if she can perform her original song live. Nervous, but she took a risk and just did her thing.

On the studio, even the mainstay hosts were crazy about her. 

"I really love your songs! Where do you get the inspiration from?" a female host asked.

"From real-life experiences... and from stories of other people." Jessica replied.

She performed and was surprised with the audience. Some even brought banners. JessicaHolics, Jessica Fans Club etc. Who are these people?! This is surreal!

Right after her first live TV performance, an agent approached her and asked if she's already signed with a recording label. The person expressed her interest in investing on her talent and potential as an artist.

"Hi, my name is George Manansala." a boyish woman in her late twenties approached her. 

"I'm Jessica del Rio."

The two exchanged numbers and in just a week, they were able to meet and met up with a new recording label who wants to reintroduce OPM to the young listeners and are also determined to make a difference. It's about time to make Jessica del Rio famous!

~0~

Nadia Arnold took a two-week break right after Blessie's demise. She flew to Siem Reap in Cambodia hoping to recover from everything that happened. She also wanted to avoid the possibility of her being mobbed by the press.

While on her trip, she met different travelers from different parts of the world. She spent her first five days exploring the ruins of Angkor Wat and the nearby temples. At night, she hangs out in Pub Street. Thank God she only encountered on Filipino fan who recognized her. When the fan asked for a photo, she obliged and asked for a favor.

"Are you posting that photo on Facebook or Instagram? Can I ask for a favor?"

"Sure, anything for you my idol!" the fan gushed.

"Can you upload that next week? You know, I don't want anyone to know about my whereabouts".

The fan nodded and assured her that she doesn't need to worry about it.

Nadia spent some days staying in a guesthouse just writing songs and updating her diary. She needed this vacation so she can be productive once she gets back home. Tons of live gigs and pictorials are waiting for her.

~0~

From the airport, Nadia went straight to her office/studio. Ariel is already expecting her arrival.

"How was the trip? Did you mean anyone special? Any... special boy or girl?" Ariel smirked.

"Haha! Well, I met some new friends, but no real romantic steady thing. You know what I mean!" Nadia replied and gave a high five.

"Tell me stories later on but for now, here's your schedule. You have two events lined up where you are the headliner - one in Boracay and another one in a posh resort in Cebu."

"Interesting. Okay, I'll check all the details later. I'm hungry. Let's order some pizza?"

~0~

In just a span of three weeks, Jessica recorded six songs for her EP and the label is on a rush to release the album before the year ends.

"Jessica, are you ok?" George asked.

"Everything's just happening so fast! This is like a rollercoaster ride, you know? It feels like it was just yesterday when I did that guesting in a noontime show then now, here I am recording the last song for my album. Dreams never end and I'm happy that now I'm living it." Jessica replied.

"You will a big star, Sweetheart. I promise you that." George assured. "Hey, I'll just talk to one of the staff members to get your schedule. You will join a series of shows starting next month. This is it!"

After ten minutes, a staff member handed Jessica her schedule for the month:

"Music Festival by the Beach... headlined by Nadia Arnold?"

She read it again.

"Music Festival by the Beach headlined by Nadia Arnold".

Her jaw almost dropped when she saw the event poster. She will serve as the Opening Act for an exclusive event in Mactan, Cebu. There are two other performers coming with them, but DJ Nadia Arnold will be the main attraction.

She whispered to herself. "It seems that fate is doing its job on making us meet. Blessie, this is for you. Justice will be served."