Sofia opens up to Jessica

Jessica was about to prepare to sleep when someone knocked at her door.

She opened the door and saw Sofia looking gullible. "Hi... you said earlier that I can knock if i need someone to talk to, right?"

Jessica nodded and stepped out of her room. 

"What's wrong? Wait... you're the girl in the restaurant earlier, right?" Jessica remembered.

Sofia smiled. "Yes, that was me. I'm sorry if I sounded like a brat, but I was just not in the mood earlier. You know, as a French woman I do have my temper sometimes."

"It's okay. You don't need to apologize. We're all humans we all do have our bad days. By the way, I'm Jessica" Jessica reassured while extending her hand.

"I'm Sofia.."

"So... why were you crying earlier?"

Sofia took a deep breath. "I don't know if I should open up the complete details to you.. but the bottom line is I'm heartbroken and it sucks because I don't really have the right to be.."

"Unrequited love?"

"Kind of, but not really. The love is reciprocated, but it is in a wrong way. It isn't ethical. It is not right. I know I should stop, but I can't help it." she started tearing up again.

"Uhm... are you in love with someone who is married?" Jessica asked.

Sofia nodded.

"Well, I'm not a judgmental person, but you knew beforehand that he's already married and committed to someone. You must not cry and you have no right to make demands from the guy. What if they have kids? You are ruining a sacred relationship. If you wish to continue your set-up, you must not demand. You must just accept that you'll never be together, you know what I'm saying?"

"But I love her.... I love her so much!" Sofia said.

Jessica thought she heard it wrong. "You love him, right?

Sofia laughed a little. "No, I love her. I'm in love with a married woman."

Jessica didn't know how to react. "Oh.." the two just laughed and there was a moment of silence.

"I'm a bisexual. Well, I'm more of a lesbian. I don't know. I'm the hot type." 

"I would not have guessed that. What a revelation!" Jessica said. At the back of her mind, she also wants to tell the truth to Sofia, but it's too early.

As the two started discussing lighter topics, they heard footsteps coming up the stairs - it's Nadia.

"Hi..."

"Oh, hi Nadia! How was your set? I'm sorry if I didn't finish your set. My stomach got upset so I had to rush to the comfort room!" Jessica explained.

"It's alright. My set went great as usual. Fantastic crowd." Nadia replied.

"Oh, by the way, this is Sofia. Sofia, meet Nadia."

The two girls shook hands. Nadia excused herself right away.

"Excuse me, but I need to go to my room now. See you both tomorrow morning if I see you!"

"Okay. Goodnight!" Jessica and Sofia replied in unison and proceeded right way with their conversation.

"Is there something wrong with her? She seems like a snob." Sofia commented.

"Maybe she's just tired. Actually, I'm also tired after my set. Were you able to watch it?" Jessica asked.

"Oh no, sorry. I was with my wifey." Sofia joked.

"Wifey, huh? Hmmm... I would love to meet that wifey of yours though that can be complicated I think." Jessica said.

"Well, I can't have her fully like you said earlier,  so you're a runner-up."

"Runner up?"

"To be my wifey." Sofia teased.

"Haha nice one! So, shall we call it a night? I also need to go to the bath room." Jessica reasoned out.

"Alright. Thank you so much, Jessica. This conversation means a lot to me. I hope to see you again."

"No worries. If you need someone to talk to..."

"Just knock" both said in chorus and laughed as they go their separate ways.