Vanessa's Death

It's already 6:30PM when they arrived in the resort. They spotted a SOCO team in the lobby area interviewing some staff members of the resort. Because of the investigation, the PR team decided to book the music festival crew to its sister hotel, which is just nearby. 

"So scary! I wonder what happened. Did she die a natural death? Did she commit suicide? or... ge, what if she was murdered?!" Ariel asked the group.

"Shut up! They might hear you!" Nadia said. "Tommy, can you ask for some information?"

Tommy nodded and went straight to the restaurant to look for Lorna.

"Are you okay, wifey?" 

"Yes. What a stressful day this is! My staff was doing the usual rounds in the morning to clean the rooms. They were knocking at Vanessa's room and the thing is, she even went down to take her breakfast. Some noticed that she has wounds and she's wearing this sunglasses."

"So what happened next?"

"The staff decided to bring the spare key when she wasn't responding to their knocks and calls. We found her on the bathroom. She drowned herself to death. Gosh, I'm really scared. This is the first time someone committed suicide in the resort." Lorna said.

"Don't worry dear, I'm here already. Pack your things and let's go home. You need to rest it was a long day for the both of us." Tommy suggested. 

Lorna excused herself so she can pack her things. Sofia suddenly showed up in the Employee's Room looking scared.

"Are the investigators still outside?" scared Sofia asked.

"Yes. Why? Did you sleep? Where were you?"

"I finished a series while drinking and was surprise when I found out that Vanessa is dead. What happened?" 

"Well, they found her dead in the tub..." Lorna suddenly remembered something. "You two were fighting right? Didn't you..."

Sofia slapped Lorna "Shut up! Of course not! Why would I do something like that?"

"What's wrong with you? I was just asking a logical question! Why are you defensive? I haven't even finished my question!" Lorna blurted out.

"I'm sorry, sweetie. It's just that I am stressed right now and problematic." Sofia answered.

"Fix yourself, Sofia. I need to go home. I am so tired and my husband is waiting outside. Let's just talk when you're not drunk anymore. Bye." Lorna walked out leaving Sofia in the room.

Lorna was suddenly scared. Why did Sofia slap her? Why is she drunk? Why is she unsettled? The best thing to do now is to go home with her husband Tommy. It is better to avoid Sofia right now no matter how she loves her. 

"Tommy, let's go home now. I'm not feeling well. Let's go home real quick!" Lorna demanded.

"Okay... you're the boss!" Tommy said and waved goodbye to his peers.

~0~

The group was instructed to pack their things so they can move to the nearby hotel immediately. Jessica and Nadia were on their way to their respective rooms when Nadia saw someone familiar - a man in his 50's walking towards her.

"Hi Nadia. Remember me? It's nice to see you again!" the mystery man said.

"H... Hi Sir. We have to go so excuse us..." Nadia said in hush and grabbed Jessica as if asking her to hurry up.

Nadia nervously opened her room. She noticed that the mystery guy is still staring at her - watching her every move. Even Jessica noticed it. 

"Nadia, do you want me to wait for you later? We can just go together.." Jessica offered.

"Okay. Let's be quick. We have to leave as soon as possible. Monsters are invading this place."

~0~

Sorry if I suddenly posted a twist regarding Vanessa's sudden death. This is to remind me not to dwell on the romance part that much since this is a mystery-romance. Don't worry, I'm adding more RaStro scenes especially now that they'll be moving in a different hotel - their last night together in Cebu. I will continue the story in Manila, where Jessica will discover that there's something more to Nadia and even Blessie and Sofia.