The Formal Introduction

"Are you alright? Do you need anything?" George asked Jessica, who is busy fine tuning her guitar.

"I'm okay. Don't worry about me. I'm just a bit pressured, but I'm alright!". 

George nodded and went straight to the Events Coordinator para to clarify the flow of the program.

Jessica is determined to do everything for her budding music career. Honestly, this is her first time to stay in a 5-star resort. She's more of a homebuddy and often lazy to go out due to her home-based work set-up as a virtual assistant. If she feels bored and uninspired, she goes to a secluded coffee shop with her laptop in tow and work on hr online tasks. She's rather work hard and travel more than go back to her old, boring life.

She is set to perform two songs from her EP and three cover songs. The producers requested if she can perform the classic 90's alternative hits  Malibu by Hole (na ang lead singer ay si Courtney Love, asawa ni Kurt Cobain ng Nirvana), Linger of The Cranberries and I'm Only Happy When It Rains by Garbage. 

She strums her guitar and started blurting the first lines of Malibu:

Crash and burn
All the stars explode tonight 
How'd you get so desperate?
How'd you stay alive?

She continues..

Help me, please
Burn the sorrow from your eyes
Oh, come on be alive again
Don't lay down and die!

Hey, hey
You know what to do
Oh, baby, drive away from Malibu

She stops right after singing the chorus. She was distracted by an applause she heard from the back. A beautiful lady, who had a wide smile went walked towards her and gave her compliments. 

"Well done! That is a very nice cover of my favorite Courtney Love song."

"Uhm... thank you."

"Really. That was good! I'm glad to hear you sing that song live. I saw some of your videos on Youtube and honestly, I'm a fan." the girl offered her right hand. "By the way, I'm Nadia... Nadia Arnold".

"I'm Jessica del Rio." Jessica shook hands with the famous DJ.

"I also want to apologize for what happened awhile ago... You know, when I knocked at your hotel room. I was just sleepy and wanted to use the bathroom so bad." Nadia said apologetically. "Good to know that we're neighbors for a few days!"

"It's okay. That happens to me too when I am nervous or hungry!"

Nadia laughed. "Actually, I was also hungry. I had a very hectic schedule yesterday. I finished a set in Pangasinan, which is four hours away from Manila and I had to do fast packing for the flight to Cebu with no sleep at all. Speaking of, I think I better go and recharge."

"Cool. You better rest then." said Jessica.

"Yes I will. I will rest now so I can watch your set later. Sorry ha, but I'm just a fan. See, I'm shaking! I'm fangirling!" Nadia confessed.

Jessica is stunned with Nadia's confession. Really? She's shaking and she watched my videos?

"Wow, Miss Nadia! I should be the one to feel tensed because of your strong presence. You're like... the most popular DJ not only in the Philippines, but in the whole Asia! . I mean, everybody in the Philippines knows your name and not just within a certain party place. I even saw a copy of your newest magazine cover."

"Well, you will be the most famous entertainer this year. Mark my word." Nadia assured the newbie.

Jessica can't help but smile. "Thank you. It means a lot coming from a veteran like you."

"So.... I will see you later?"

"Yes. See you later."

 Jessica just stared in Nadia as she walks away from where she's standing. There she is, entertaining some of the guests, staff and crew asking for photo selfies and autographs. 

DJ Nadia Arnold - the cause of Blessie's suicide.

You're so dead.