Chapter 3- Secrets

Looky, looky, Lukey, Lukey---->

I slowly turned to see Luke leaning against the cave opening and growled. "Now, now don't be like that cupcakes."
"What are you doing here?" I demanded. 
"I should be asking you the same thing. I asked you not to leave my side. There are reasons why I asked you that." he may have sounded calm but his eyes were his wolf's black pits. Though they strangely held an emotion I haven't ever seen before. 
"Like what? The boogie man, or big foot? Do you still think I can't take care of myself?" I snapped. 
"Yea you're doing a great job, blaring that music loud enough for any stray rogue in the area to hear. Like lights on a run way. Truly brilliant." he growled losing some of his cool. He is the first one to ever find me here.

 "No one has ever found me here before now. No one thinks there are caves out here. What makes you think any rogues are out here this far anyway?" I asked. "Let's just say we've had some problems lately." he shifted on his feet and paced to my cushion. When he plopped down and looked around. "I've always wondered why I smelled your scent out here. Now I guess I know." He said softly chuckling. His eyes shifted to me when I turned the music down to a low background noise.
"Why are you here?" I asked again. 
"Like I said for your safety." 
"You've always been a bad liar Luke. The truth if you please." I said softly reaching for my towel. I wiped my hands off while he thought about his answer. Several different emotions ran across his face before finally taking a deep breath.

"Is it so hard to believe I like knowing your safe" he asked softly. I sighed 
"I don't see why but if you feel that way I guess I can't argue with my Alpha, can I?  But..." I don't know why I cared so easy to him. There was something in his eyes that said he was torn by something, I just didn't know what.  "If you tell ANYONE about this place I will cut off your nuts with a rusty silver spoon and feed them to you in your food!" I threatened, narrowing my eyes at him. 

He chuckled "Trust me when I say I believe you, I've seen your temper. I won't say anything. But I'm curious...how long have you been coming here?" he asked. I smiled tossing him a bottle of water. "Since freshman year just after my first shift. You remember when I was having a lot of...issues?" he nodded. "Well I ran from them when I found this place. I stayed here for hours. I had a long talk with my wolf here...my first real talk with her. I realized I needed this and so did she. We made an agreement that day. When I needed a place to run and think she would guide me here and when she needed to be free I would bring her here. I can hear the river, the wind, the wildlife all around me. It's peaceful, serene gives us a place to be free. Free from all ties to the world, where we can be us." I explained softly.

"Why did you need to be free?  Tell me what happened that year to make you feel so trapped?" he asked.

Luke and I usually didn't talk Like this, we used too when Kevin would pick on me when we were younger but not in the last 4 years. Now he was just my brother's best friend and my Alpha. But something about him was different, like he was actually seeing me for the first time. I almost felt compelled to open up to him.almost though my wolf urged me to tell him, I wasn't so sure.

"Some other time, Mr. Alpha. Something's are best left alone till it's time to approach. So how about we do this, after today, every time you find me here I will answer one deep question honestly, and vice-versa. It's only fair. Some things have changed with you that I am curious about and this sounds like a way for both of us to break free of the ties that bind us to the real world." I said with a cheeky smile. I was still feeling the effects of the alcohol still but when he returned my smile I felt my heart sputter. "Deal" His words held promise, and I didn't doubt that every time I needed to come here he would soon follow. Somehow that didn't bother me in the slightest, Strange.