Chapter 9- Time crunch

HOLY MOLEY GUACAMOLE!!!! WOW Thank you so much for the responses! For everything ya'll are doing to help me. I'm so exited to get this one to you guys. I'm so giddy I cant stop squirming around!!! I cant stop smiling, I think my roomies think I'm CRAZY... And maybe I am.... haven't you ever been told Creativity and crazy go hand in hand!   The Twins are here!---->>

Hope you like it..Ok now...

 On with the show!!!

 Luke's POV

I watched Eva run off through the trees and I fought the urge to run after her. I thought for maybe a second she was running to her 'bat cave' but she still had dinner to get out so she couldn't be gone that long. My eyes still on the spot she disappeared through. My wolf as in an uproar demanding I run after her, planting horrible little scenarios in my head of things that could happen to her all alone out there. But I quickly reminded him not only could she handle herself but she would call for help if she needed it. I sighed, tore my eyes away trying to wipe the longing that was I'm sure easy to see there. I turned around and caught everyone still standing there. You could see the confusion clear in some, knowing in others and nervousness in the rest. I rolled my eyes and started walking to the new awesome grills.

"Kevin, Gage come help me get these things moved before the house catches fire" I yelled at them.

"Yarp!" Gage chirped, then chuckled while trotting up behind me. Kevin politely smiled and followed us.

He looked deep in thought and that was never good. Kevin was smart and there was only so long you could hide something from him. He would either figure it out (or at least come really close) or he would be so totally off it was hilarious to listen to how he got to that conclusion. Sadly, I was hoping for the latter of the two, but by the look on his face and the way he had been watching me all day I'm almost positive if he hasn't figured it out he would very soon. That was not something I for one was looking forward too.

We got the grills moved to the patio and got them fired up. Everyone in the house was all standing outside by the pool, laughing at the days excitement. (well all but except Eva.) I sighed at the thought then turned around and smiled at my thought as I was about  to ask them when Kevin beat me to my thoughts.

"Hey Luke, how would you feel about turning this BBQ into a while pack thing? Kind of like a welcome home for Eva. She hasn't seen everyone yet and I know they would love too see her." He said with a smile. I looked behind him and saw the expectant faces waiting for my answer. I smiled.
"Dude stay the hell outta my head!" I joked. "I was just getting ready to ask you the same damn thing." I said with a smile.
"Oh it's not my idea it was Megan and the twins. Who knew an airhead and idiots could come up with good ideas?!" We laughed as we heard the growls from them at the door.  "So is that a yes then?" Brad yelled.
"Yea, why the hell not? It's been a while since we all got together" I told them.
"Then you better send out the APB (All Pack Bulletin) now before it gets much later it's almost 2 now." Kevin smiled at me.

I nodded then opened up my mind to the pack except Eva. I knew they all knew I was there. When I felt them all give me their attention. 'Hey guys, how would you feel about a pack BBQ here this evening to formally welcome Eva home?' I asked them. I didn't like to be the asshole Alpha they all knew I could be. I was trying to keep things civil around here and I absolutely hate it when people in my pack fear me just because I'm the alpha. I don't use the power unless I need too. Yea I'm rough around the edges but this was my family and you don't treat family like slaves like some alphas I've met.
'We would live too Alpha. What time?' One of the women said happily.
'Around 7 I'd say.' I told her with a smile.
'Ok, I'll spread the word and make sure everyone is there' I recognized Cammie's voice (Eva and Kevin's mom, my second mom) she was there everyday growing up, 'Thanks Mama H.'
'No problem dear.' she said and my head went silent and I closed the open link with the pack and was left with my thoughts.

Cammie taught Eva well. Eva was always there to help after my mom died, Cammie stepped up to help take care of the pack, to be the nurturing, mother we all needed. Like a surrogate Luna for us. Being the Beta's wife she was always with the Luna and helping her so she knew the in's and out's of pack dealings.  My father was never the same after my mom passed but we all coped the best we could with losing our Luna. Cammie was there when I needed a 'mom' to talk to. Yea my dad was great and all and did his best but was all Alpha all the time, sometimes I just needed a dad and more often than not I needed a mom. That's where Cammie came in. She taught Eva how to be loving and caring to all around her. No matter how much she pissed us off or we annoyed the hell out of her she was still always there when we needed her. I mean who wants to take care of a pack of misfits like us. I know we drive her nuts but she will take care if us when ever she was around, no matter what.