Chapter 26- Who's the crazy lady?

WOW OK well I just don't know what to say! I am super happy you guys like the story. Im sorry I left the last chapter the way I did. I had to get some sleep kinda like tonight. I have to get to bed soon so I hope you like it. On with the show...

 Luke's POV 

I listened to the ranting story of a psycho wolf and I saw red. Not only did he want Eva but he wanted her blood, and all I wanted at this moment was Eva away from him and his blood spilled by my hand. No one takes my mate and gets away with it. I was dead set on ridding the world of his presents. 
'Four minutes' I growled out as we approached the camp. 

I could see the pyre the scouts reported, and I could see the table they had set up for the ritual they had planned. I couldn't see the book yet but I knew we should probably get it before it could be used again for something this evil. Power was not what Were's were about. We were designed to protect the world from Evil. The pack stalked slowly through the underbrush around me as I stepped out from the trees. I smirked as I looked upon my enemy as the low growls echoed around me. 
I never thought I would want blood as badly as I did right at this moment as I slipped behind a stunned rogue and easily snapped his neck and dropped him. The frenzy of movement at that moment shocked me. The line of feral wolves that barreled towards us was larger than we expected. The first shot rang out to my left taking down a wolf to my right just out side of my eyesight. 
Oh shit I have guns, this will be a cinch. I glanced at Nate and Nodded my thanks to him. 
'Anytime alpha'  He said through mind link. 
I yanked out the weapons on my hips and began to rain down shots as I watched my pack begin to be locked in a deadly fight. I was torn between my pack and getting to Eva as a blood curdling, shrill scream rang out from the back of the camp. I felt the terror and the pain in the sound as I felt the pain grip my side. The pain was paralyzing as a my own voice roared out its own yell of agony. I almost buckled under the pain and I was sure the rest felt it as well. My wolf instantly focused on Eva. There was no way I was going to be able to stay here and help until she was safely away from here. His growls in my head were deafening and I had to fight for control. 

'Alpha, we got this, go get our Luna'  Kevin's voice rang out in pain as he fought off his own opponent. 

Nate was instantly by my side as we laid down a line of fire as we ran to the small building I was positive Eva was in. As we busted through the door my eyes fell on my mate. I saw the small smile tilt her lips as my eyes fell on the knife now intruding her body and the blood that was now freely flowing down her side. That was all it took for my wolf to take hold of my body. Jared pried the knife from her and stepped back with a sinister smile on his lips. Eva fell to the floor with a small thud and I didn't hold back the growl that rumbled out of my chest. 

'Get her out of here. I can't my wolf wants his head on a spit, and I'm not about to stop him.' I hissed out to Nate through mind link. 

I kept my eyes trained on the man that just injured my mate, and my wolfs growls were deafening in my ears and pouring out of my chest and mouth. He started to step back towards her when my wolf let out a Vicious snarl at him. He stopped instantly and locked his eyes with mine. I was no longer looking out through my eyes but my wolfs.

 "Alpha Downs, you seem to have acquired some new tricks" 
I sneered. "Enough to kill you is all I need." 
"Not today" He returned as he reached in to the pocket of his dingy jeans. 

"Shoot him" Eva croaked. The pain behind her strong voice was unavoidable. You would have to be deaf to not hear it and I could not only hear it but feel it as well. 
Jarred's eyes snapped over too Nate's form. "I wouldn't if I were you Pup." 

Pup? My wolf growled. I had to agree with him. Nate was no pup and right now I was trusting him with my mates life. There was no way in hell I would trust a pup with her right now.  But my wolf trusted him and who was I to deny my wolf. I knew she was in good hands with him, while I dealt with the threat standing in front of us. Man is this guy completely whacked out of his mind!
I took a small step to the side reading myself for a shift. Jared's eyes snapped back to mine, when a shot rang out in the room and my wolf growled lowly as he heard it. It would have hit his pride if someone else took him down but he was still standing. I saw him look at his leg then back at Nate. The shot wasn't a shot to kill just one that should have slowed him down. Nate was only trying to do his part. I could see his Alpha was pushing out as well but he had a good hold on him at the moment.
"Your gonna have to do better than that to kill me." He hissed out at Nate. 
"Don't worry, I didn't want to kill you, there's someone else who would prefer that honor."  Nate replied in a growl. 

That was all it took. I had enough of this bull shit. I lunged at him as my wolf tore out of my skin angrily snarling the whole way. Jarred jumped and landed behind me at the door as I spun around to catch him. 
I didn't stop my wolf from pursuing the chase. I tore out the door, leaving Eva with Nate trusting he would take care of her until I returned, while I took care of her fears.