Chapter 38- Lessons

Chapter 38- Lessons

Eva's POV

Well that went swimmingly... NOT! I mean these guys have known me for most of my life... with the exception of course of Faith, Trisha and Nate. But somehow I think that they are right where they need to be. There is no reason to believe that I happened upon them by chance anymore. The more I actually think about Nate’s theory the more I think he may be right. It’s been almost an hour since we told them the truth. There has been nothing but discussion after discussion about a plan of attack and strategies and training and blah blah blah.

I know as a Luna it’s my right to be involved but this was ridiculous. The guys were all over different strategies and theories and all I wanted to do was scream at them to shut up so I could think without all the chatter. I know they had to discuss this but they could do it later. Right now I didn’t want to think about it. I feel like I am missing a big chunk of information and it was driving me insane.
Ok so Maybe I was overreacting here, I understand why they are discussing it now but it was still irritating. At the moment I was fiddling with my phone and trying to ignore everyone. There was no escaping the noise but I could easily stick my head phones in and drown myself in my music. I sighed loudly gaining Megan’s attention.

‘You alright chicka?’  She asked me through our pack link.
I nodded. ‘I just need to clear my head so I can think this through properly.’ I replied.
‘I completely agree this crap is driving me nuts and I already have a full plate.’ She whined in my head.
‘So what do you want to do?’ I asked her without looking up from my phone.
Well I am almost positive the guys won’t want us to go too far but I need to run or something so how about we head to the gym.’ She said. Her tone said she needed this as much as I did.

I looked up at her to see the other girls all watching us closely, all wearing the same wary look on their face.
‘What about the girls? Do they wanna join us?’I asked her. I guess they were all tuning in cause they all nodded solemnly glancing at the guys huddled closely around the coffee table on the other side of the room.
‘Then let’s go' I mumbled as I stood up and made my way quietly too the door. And just like I thought they didn’t even notice that we were leaving the room.

The top floor was all ours and the advantage of that was that there was a pool, a gym, steam room, and all sorts of other perks. We quietly made our way to the end of the hall and walked into the blissful silence of the gym. We all walked straight into the locker room knowing there were always complementary workout clothes there. No one was worried about shoes cause most the time they just got in our way anyway. We wore them while we trained but if we had an involuntary shift they were ruined anyway, so most the time we didn’t even worry about them.

Once we were all changed we headed back to the main gym area and all separated going our own ways. I immediately walked to the stereo and slid my phone into the dock and turned up Burn it to the ground. It was upbeat enough to motivate us all. Megan and I both hit the track while Molly and Trisha went for the weights and Faith surprised me yet again and went for the heavy bag. I smiled as she strapped the gloves on and started her own stress relief. It looked as though that was not her first time taking out frustrations on one of those. Actually it looked like she may have some kick boxing training under her belt.

Megan and I ran in silence for a few minutes before I felt a sharp tug at my mate bond. I knew Luke was looking for me and he was not very happy about the fact that I slipped out without saying anything.
Calm down Capitan Freak out, We are all fine. Don’t go all hulk on me now.’  I told him with a small smirk. I heard him growl lowly at me. I felt him calm his wolf down before he replied to me which was surprisingly calm. ‘May I ask where you are?’
‘I’m in the gym with the girls. You boys keep talking, we all have a lot on our minds and this was the compromise we knew you could live with.’ I told him calmly.
‘Can you do me a favor?’ He asked. I could tell he was still trying to keep his wolf calm even though he knew I was alright.
‘What’s that?’ I questioned.
‘Next time could you let me know before you leave so I don’t turn around to ask you something to find you and 4 others missing?’ He asked. His tone was serious but at least he was not demanding and jerkish about it.
Will you accept that I will try too?’ I asked him.
I heard him sigh, and even though I could feel him wanting to demand me to agree, I could feel his logic in the situation knowing it would only make things worse for him if he did he finally accepted my answer.
‘Try really hard, just please don’t leave this floor without letting us know. You’re not the only mate in that room you know.’ I smirked knowing this was the best compromise I was going to get from him.
‘I know and we won’t’ I agreed to his terms.
‘Alright well give us another 30 minutes and we will join you. Then we can go have some fun.’ He told me. I could hear the lightness in his voice which made me smile a little brighter. I could feel the flash of want run through his mind and I had to use al my will power to ignore it.
‘You know we still want to go shopping right?’ I smirked knowing he would have no doubt been rolling his eyes at me.
‘Not exactly what I had in mind for fun but if that’s what you girls want then I guess we have no real choice then do we?’ He replied with obvious displeasure but I didn’t let it get too me.
‘That is what we want ya big perv.’  I replied to him only to get a deep chuckle from him that sent a wave of shivers through me. This was a Luke laugh that made me giving him hell worth it.
See you soon Doll’ 

With that my head went silent. I shook my head in amusement as I ran. I looked around the room to find a solemn look on everyone’s face and I knew they needed guidance. They needed me to be a Luna. Well first and foremost Megan had probably had the roughest night so I figured I would start with her. I looked over at her to find her deep in thought. Her emotions were all over the board and she needed to calm down if she ever wanted to think straight again. 
”So, do you want to talk about it?” I asked her softly.
“Talk about what?” She asked me.
“Do I really need to spell it out for you?” I questioned. Man for a smart girl she was really dumb sometimes.
“You know damn well a good girl never kisses and tells.” She smirked at me.
“Well it’s a good thing I’m not talking to a good girl then huh?” I retorted.
She chuckled and nodded. “Touché.”
“So what happened after you left last night?” I questioned.
She sighed as she thought about it but within seconds a deep blush spread across her face and added to that was a goofy smile that pretty much said all I needed to know.
“You didn’t?” I asked shocked.
“I didn’t sleep with them…like that anyway, if that’s what you’re thinking.” She corrected with a small smirk.
“Then what did happen?” I asked her.
“Let's just say it was a ladies choice and a gentleman’s agreement kind of thing.” She said. This told me absolutely nothing. “What the hell does that mean?” I questioned slightly irritated that she had to go and confuse me.
“I had a problem and they handled it.” She said slowing her pace to almost a complete stop. I turned and looked at her with confusion trying to think about any possible problem that she could have had last night. She gave me a look that plainly said ‘are you stupid or just plain retarded?’ But I had to ask anyway.
“Again Megan, What the hell does that mean?” I questioned.
She rolled her eyes at me like I was an idiot. “Eva, Think about it. What problem could I have possibly had that would have involved those two and the situation the three of us are now in?” She asked. I smirked as I thought it through. It was easy to read in her eyes but she was right I didn’t want details I just wanted to know if they were all on the same page now.
“So how did that work out for you?” I asked.
“Blissfully actually. Didn’t actually think that…” She started but I cut her off quickly.
“No Details please!”  I spat out with a grimace trying not to think about the rest of her sentence. Needless to say I felt my face heat up the second the thought passed though my head and I was a little creeped out that I was thinking about it. “So are you all on the same page now?” I asked trying to ignore the pestering thoughts of the craziness that those three could have and probably did.
“For now…Until midnight anyway.” She said with a sigh.
“Why midnight?” I asked.
“We agreed not to cross anymore lines until Sunday. So for now we are going to try to resist any…instincts we may have until after Midnight. Regardless of how difficult it is or how much we and our slutty wolves may want us too, it’s only like 10 hours from now. I think I can handle it.” She told me. I could see that she was having trouble with it already but I wasn’t going to question their agreement I just hoped it didn’t back fire on her.
“So what happens if it turns out only one of them or if neither of them are your mate?” I asked. She stopped her slow walk and looked at me with the most pained look I think I have ever seen on her. She bit down on her lip and took a deep breath. I can tell you with the look in her eyes she was terrified of that answer. I felt the need to protect her as the Luna in me rose up. I placed a light and on her shoulder and pulled her into a hug somehow knowing that’s what she needed from me. She pulled me tighter into her arms than I was expecting but I let it go, I felt her shaky breaths as she tried to steady herself.
“I really don’t know what happens. I just hope like hell my wolf is right. I don’t want to lose them in anyway.” She whispered.
“You won’t. Let’s just try to enjoy the rest of our free weekend and deal with it as it happens. Either way you won’t lose them, even if I have to kick their asses to make sure of that.” I told her. She chuckled against my shoulder and I knew she understood. She pulled back and smiled at me even though there were tears pooled up in her eyes. She nodded at me and we let the subject drop.
“Keep your head up cupcake.” I said with a smile.

I turned away from her and slowly paced my way over too Faith as Megan went back to a steady run. Faith may seem quiet but I have a feeling there’s more to her than meets the eye. And from what I have witnessed today and last night alone I think I have a pretty good reason to go and have a talk with her. Since my Luna was already on a roll at the moment I might as well go to the next one that’s on the list that struggling with something just under the surface. I watched as she calculated her every move with the heavy bag, every spin every kick, every punch seemed very much intended for something other than the bag that was receiving it.