Chapter 28- Friends in high places

Hey guys... This is just a filler I will have another chapter up tomorrow but this is a reward for hitting 200,000 reads!! Thank you SOOOOOOO much! Well I have to got get ready for work now. I know this is short but I hope you like it!!! :) On with the show! 

Chapter 28-Friends in high places. 

***Eva's POV***

'Eva...Eva...Evvaaa...'  I heard a gentle sweet voice call as I stumbled through the underbrush of the woods. I have no idea how or why I was walking through the woods right now but I am and I was going to find out who was calling me in such an enchanting voice.
'Eva...Evvvaaa' The voice sang. The sound was a beautiful melody that I didn't want to stop. I smiled at the sound of my name being called in such a tender tone.

It felt like I walked for hours following this unknown voice but once I broke through the trees into a small clearing, I looked around. I was shocked to find a park this deep in the forest. after a few steps I realized where I was... Justice Park. "How did I get here?" I questioned myself.
"I called for you, sweetie." The voice spoke again only this time closer. My head snapped to the right and I what I saw nearly gave me a heart attack.

There sitting on the same bench Luke and I sat was a raven haired beauty with a ring of tightly woven flowers around her head, who looked nothing but elegant and graceful. Her features were familiar but I couldn't tell why from this far away. "Come sit with me my darling Eva." She sang happily with a smile.
I couldn't not do as she asked. Her presents alone was hypnotizing and warm. I would do almost anything for this mysterious woman.

I slowly walked up to her keeping my eyes on the ground the whole time. "Eva, it's ok to look at me." She said.
I lifted my head slowly to meet her eyes and I gasped at what I saw. I familiar set of green eyes met mine with a smile. It didn't take much for me to figure out who I was talking too now. There's only one other set of those green eyes that I have ever met and this was the original set. "L..Luna?"  I shuddered out.
She laughed. "Once upon a time yes, but you can call me Avery." She told me with a smile.
"Why...I mean...How are you...But your dead, how are you here?" I shuddered out.
"Sweet girl, I may be dead but it doesn't mean I can't be here. And as for how, well I'm not the only one who wants to talk to you. I just get the privilege of speaking with you first." She said with an addictive smile.
I stared at her. I just didn't understand how I was talking with her. I had to be dreaming. That's it this is a dream. My subconscious producing these images.
"I'm dreaming right?" I asked her curiously.
"In a matter of speaking yes, you are. But that doesn't mean this isn't very real." She said standing up from the bench.
"How though?" I questioned.
"Let's just say, I have friends in high places and so do you." She told me.
"Who? Why?" I asked.
"Wow, you are full of questions aren't you? Those questions are not what I am here for, but they will be answered soon enough." She told me with a kind smile.
"Then why are you here?"
Her smile grew wider. "I'm here to talk to you about my son." She said taking my hand. "Take a walk with me?" She asked.
Well how could I say no to that. Her warm hold on my hand tightened slightly as she gently tugged me around the table leading our little walk.
"What about Luke?" I asked.
"How are things going with you two by the way?" She asked dropping my hand as we walked side by side around the park.
"I don't know, alright I guess. He's a jerk but I can't help but love him." I said in a sigh.
"Yea I know but he's a jerk for a reason. He has your best interests at heart you know." She told me. 
"How so?" I scoffed slightly.
"Well for one, he's loved you longer than you know. He didn't just fall in love with you because your his mate. He's loved you long before that."
"Then why didn't he say anything? Or why did he keep playing around with other girls? Or why did he kiss another girl after he told me I was his mate?" I spat out almost hatefully.
"Put yourself in his shoes for a moment Eva, What would you do if you fell for your best friends baby sister? Would you have what it takes to tell him when there was a good possibility that you would find your mate and hurt her? Or even after he felt the beginnings of the mate pull would you have what it took then to tell him that his sister is his mate and you have no idea how you know since its so far before her 17th birthday? Yea, I think he did the only thing he thought was right." She said with a smile.
"Then tell me why did he kiss that twit in front of me after he told me I was his mate and I was so close to accepting his words even before I was sure they were true?" I asked pointedly.