Chapter 44- Unexpected night.

Here you are my pets- I hope you like it.

**WARNING MATURE CONTENT** 

Enough wasting your time... On with the show.

Chapter 44-  Unexpected night 

Luke's pov-

I decided to spend the afternoon catching up on some paperwork. After Kevin left doing his damnedest to try to convince Trisha to take a break but she steadily turned him down at every turn. Needless to say he was cranky and locked himself in his room...probably working out some frustration on the computer. Not that I really wanted to know. 

Eva had came skipping in my office a few minutes after her brother had left complaining about way too much beta love in the kitchen. However she did manage to make it out of there with a tray of milk and cookies.

The sweet smile she held when she set the tray delicately down on my desk was hard to not return.
"Thought you could use a snack." She said softly.
"You thought right doll." I replied just as softly as her.
As she turned to leave the room I spoke up. "You're welcome to stay if you want." I told her. She spun around on her heel and heaved a heavy sigh. "Oh thank god, I really didn't want to be caught up in any more beta love. I swear those two are worse than the twins at times. And they think we are bad, at least we keep our PDA behind closed doors. Trisha just headed upstairs to do god only knows what and I really didn't want to be there when she returned." She giggled out flopping down on the couch by the door and kicking her feet up. I chuckled at her as I reached for a cookie.

The girl knew me well, chocolate chip cookies... fresh made. I took a bite and tasted a hint of cinnamon and hazelnut. A tall tell signs of Eva's homemade cookies. I moaned at the first bite. I looked up at Eva though her eyes were closed I caught the small smile playing on her lips. "I don't think I have ever told you how much I absolutely LOVE your cookies." I told her softly.
"You didn't need too, it's my job to know." She responded sweetly. I smirked and turned back to my paperwork.

For the first time my paperwork didn't seem so tedious and time consuming. I've never thought I could be so calm while doing paperwork or balancing the pack budget. I'm usually stressed to the max. I glanced up at Eva who was strangely silent still lounging on the couch. She looked like she could be meditating but her breathing was still normal. I felt around our bond and even though her thoughts were scattered they seemed normal for her. "Hey you wanna come help me?" I asked.
She rolled her head to face me, a small sweet smile fell on her lips.
"With?" she asked.
"Oh just the norm. Pack details, budget, moral, pack relations things like that." I told her dropping my eyes back to my work.
"Now why on earth do I wanna do that?" She mused.
I chuckled. Somehow I knew she was gonna say something like that.
"Because before too long it will be your job to help me in the running and the dealings of this pack as our Luna doll. You will have to learn sometime, and since your here why not start now ?" I told her with a small smirk.
"Because I don't want too." She whined.
"Eva I know you don't want too but you need to learn this. " I told her as I flipped through more paperwork.
"But why?" She whined again. I couldn't help smile at her frustration.
I put my pen down and slowly got up. I paced over to her and lifted her feet and sat down. She rested her legs across my lap and relaxed against the arm of the couch.
"You know eventually you will have to learn all this the same as I did." I told her softly as I rubbed her calf.

"I know but why now?" She asked as she relaxed further. I kept rubbing her legs hoping that my news wouldn't shock her too much.
"Because in two days you will be our Luna and this will be part of your job not just knowing our shoe size and favorite cookies, Love. You play a very big roll to this pack sweetheart whether you're ready for it or not we need you to take your place." I told her as gently as I could.