Chapter 46- Riddles and Announcements.

Ok here it is. Please excuse any and all errors I did not edit this. I hope you enjoy it so on with the show....

Chapter 46- Riddles and Announcements.

Lukes POV

And just like that a light bulb went off. "Oh my god. Only the pure of heart will carry the power within them. Her scent has changed. Holy fuck! Pups?" I spoke out loud to myself. I slammed myself back in my chair and shook my head in disbelief. It would be too early to tell anyway right? Well not for a shifter, usually the mate will be the first to notice slight changes even before she will. I looked at the ceiling talking to no one in particular but still "Pups right now...Really?" I almost scolded. But the more I thought about it the faster a small smile formed on my lips. I shook my head in disbelief and let out a loud sigh. My wolf paced through my head like he was trying to wear a hole through my brain. He was ecstatic that his mate was carrying his pups. Now the trick was telling her.

Wait a minute. Trisha is in heat, Eva was last week, I'm willing to bet Faith will go in early as well, and probably without being marked too or of even age. The question is, should I say something to them though? It's not going to take long for Nate to get to the same point I am right now if he hasn't already. The boy is wicked smart. i was suddenly very thankful to have him with us even if he doesn't stay.

I sighed and picked up my list folding it as I stood up and shoved it in my back pocket. I took a deep breath and paced out of my office.

I stood in the hallway a few feet from the kitchen and debated with myself. Face my mate now, or do it after the chores are done...After definitely after. My wolf chimed in.
I may be an alpha but I was agreeing with him 100% on this one.

I'm not ready to handle all that yet. How the hell do you tell your mate she's pregnant? Yea I was exited but I wasn't sure how she was going to take the news with everything going on. So it's official I'm a chicken when it comes to Eva. I may love the girl but she still scares me sometimes.

I think I need to talk to my dad. I made a quick turn and made my way to the front door just as I heard Nickleback, 'If today was your last day.' pouring out of the kitchen I knew it was right for me to give her some time to think. She needed time to process the information she was given and if by tonight she doesn't realize she is pregnant and Trisha probably is too (and if she's not she will be soon) then I will have to tell her.

Thats when it hit me. Oh god, Eva pregnant with 2 other pregnant girls with similar temperaments, at the same time. This is going to be a nightmare that no one will forget.

By 6 all the chores and set up was done and Eva was in the shower and I was currently in my office with Kevin, Nate, the Twins, Seth, Gage and Darrel.

I had already talked to my dad and he said what i expected him too. That I needed to tell her but what I didn't expect was to see his eyes light up when I told him Eva was pregnant. He was genuinely happy. It made me feel better knowing he was happy about the news. For a moment I thought he was going to be pissed. Not really sure why but that doubt was still there. Honestly it felt like a weight was lifted from me as I left his office and got to my chores.

I told them about the security details. "Tighten down the boarders, run the perimeter close to home. no more than a half mile out. I need to make sure you are all on your toes this evening. Anything is bound to happen and we need this to go as smoothly as possible. Gage you and your team I want here. Darrel you and your team will be on the border, I'm sorry you will miss the ceremony but your not much for these things now are you?" I questioned as softly as I could without actually showing my authority. These boy's already knew who I was and respected me without me having to toss it out. Darrel shook his head with a relieved look in his eyes. I smiled up at him. I always wondered why he didn't like pack meetings but I never asked. "Seth I need you and your team to keep a close eye on your Luna and her Beta as well as Faith. Do NOT and I can not stress this enough, DO NOT LET THEM LEAVE YOUR SIGHTS." I almost bit out through a growl. "Kevin, and the rest of you, your main focus is your Mate's. They are all close to your Luna and in all technicality, you need to look at it as if they are all bait for the enemy." I hate to have to put it that way but that is basically what they were at the moment. They won't be after us yet they will be after the girls.
"Um, Alpha?" Seth asked.
"Yea?" I questioned.
"Why does it sound like our Luna and those closest to her are in danger?" He questioned. I sighed heavily. I knew this was going to happen and I was prepared for it though I was hoping like hell they wouldn't breach it.

"Because they are." I told him somberly.
"And when were you planning on telling us this?" He asked.
"I was actually planning on giving the orders and hoping for the best out of the rest of you and then talking to the 2 in this room who's mates are in Direct danger in this situation." I told him honestly.

Nate's eyes jumped around the room before landing on mine. "You figured out the riddle didn't you?" He asked. I dropped my head and looked down at my lap trying to hide my smirk as I thought about it. I chewed on my lip as I slowly nodded my head. "Yea I did."

"What riddle?" Kevin questioned before he had a chance to think about it. I looked at him from under hooded eyes and watched as he looked between both and Nate.

Silence fell over us as he waited for more. Finally Nate finally broke. "Will you please tell me? Its driving me nuts." He asked.
"Think about it Nate. Four children, all of noble blood, Parents who pave the road to peace. Protect them, Only the pure of heart will carry the power within them. Our parents didn't pave any roads to peace Nate if anything they were the start of the fighting. That leaves only one other option. On top of that..." I stopped as I looked around the room briefly.
I wasn't sure I should be saying all this in front of them without talking to Eva first but I guess that cats out of the bag now and if I don't tell them they will bug me and bug me until either they come to the wrong conclusion or I cave.
My eyes fell on Kevin for a moment then fell to the floor as I took a deep breath. "In the last 24 hours Eva's scent has changed not by much but enough for me to notice a difference."

I paused there and waited for any of them to understand but they all stared at me blankly until Nate's eyes nearly bulged out of his head. I chuckled as he stared at me with wide eyes. "I had that same reaction when I put it all together." I said with a small smile.

"You'd think you would be happier. Honestly I'm just shocked." Nate told me honestly.
"Oh it's not that I am not ecstatic its that I need to make sure she is as safe I can possibly manage before there can be any happy moments. Same should go for the others as well. Also no one can say anything to her yet, she a still doesn't know. and before you say anything I plan on telling her as soon as we are finished here." I told him honestly.
"Wait wait wait. What the hell is going on?" Kevin interrupted. I guess he wasn't going to understand.
"Your Luna is expecting." I spoke each word slowly making sure he understood. I saw the moment it clicked and I saw the anger start to build up in his eyes but I wasn't going to let it build any longer because he needs to know the rest of the prophecy.
" Now dont go all big brother on me now. Don't worry so much about Eva, you need to worry about your own mate." I snickered.
"What's that mean?" He snapped.
"I mean if she's not already she will be soon. The prophecy tells of 4 children all of noble blood. She is of noble blood and technically so are you. Hell we all are really. But her and Faith being of one of the original packs and a direct descendent of a pure alpha bloodline and Nate being the other.
Unless someone can come up with a better explanation then this is all I've got and to be honest it feels pretty solid. Eva going into heat as fast and as hard as she did took me by surprise. I thought for sure we would have at least 3-4 weeks before not a week. Trish got almost a month and I am willing to bet Faith is going to have to bear the brunt of it all because I don't think she is even going to be marked or of age before she starts to go through her heat. The only way you can keep her safe at this point is if you mark her. And I'm sure I will regret this later but just this once I am giving you permission to do so, that is if she agrees. We have another 3 weeks for her birthday according to Eva and I am not risking half my pack of unmated males to fight over the one unmated in heat female in the area." I switched between talking to Nate to Kevin and hoped they understood my situation.
Kevin took a deep breath and steadied himself. "Does she know?" He asked me. I guess he wasn't listening before when I told Nate she didn't know yet.
I turned my attention to him.
"Eva? No. You lot are the only ones who know the situation and let's keep it that way until after we get some or all of this settled. Particularly tonight." I told him.
"Do you plan on telling her?" He questioned almost rudely.
"No Kevin I plan on letting her think she is just getting really fat until she realizes she has a life form growing inside her. Was thinking I hit her over the head with club while she's in labor too that way she can't feel a thing." I gave him an 'are you stupid' look as a few low snickers went around the room. "Yes Kevin, I plan on telling her before the ceremony, if she hasn't figured out the riddle by herself, not that it's any of your business anyway. You didn't hear the riddle so I wouldn't expect you to understand. Do you really think it a smart move on my part to not tell her as soon as I realized? I'm pushing my luck by telling ya'll before her, but I had no real choice in the matter now did I? Her safety is my number one priority tonight as it always has been, so is Trisha and Faiths. I honestly think you should stay by her side all night Nate just in case. Anyway, Eva's out of the shower and I need to go meet my fate and if i live through the next half hour I'll take one myself. So meeting over. I'll see ya'll in about an hour." I rushed out as I picked myself up out of my chair and made my way from my office.

I ignored the eyes following me as I took the steps 2 at a time. I paused outside my bedroom door knowing she was in there and there was no getting around the truth. It was now or never and never looked like a very gruesome death to me. I turned the knob and opened the door slowly.
"Doll?" I called.
"Yea?"
I quickly shut the door behind me and sat down on the bed and took a deep breath. "You wanna come here for a moment, there's something I need to discuss with you."
She walked out of the bath room wearing a green silk robe with a towel wrapped around her head. Oh dear god this girl was gonna kill me. I crooked my finger for her to come over to me.
She followed with a raised eye brow. I pulled her to my lap stratling my knees to face me and took my last deep breath taking in her scent and letting it swirl around me.

Well it sure as hell felt like it was gonna be my last and I was never gonna take another. This was it, moment of truth.

Eva's POV

I watched his eyes as he struggled with his words. His mouth opened and shut a few times giving him a fish like look. I couldn't help the giggle that slipped out of me. Luke cracked a smile at me.
"Are you laughing at me?" He questioned cocking an eyebrow at me. I immediately chomped down on my bottom lip to stop myself from giggling again. I could tell what ever he wanted to talk to me about was important and I was just making it worse. His hands snaked around my waist. I barely noticed the crooked smile on his face due to the overwhelming sparks that were flying through me from his light touch. I yelped as he spun me around and pinned me on the bed. "I'll give you a reason to laugh at me." He growled with a twinkle in his eyes. That when I realized I was in trouble. Very few people know where I'm ticklish and sadly Luke was one of the very few. I was in for it, and I knew it. The more I wiggled around the more his fingers wiggled around my hips and thighs causing me to laugh uncontrollably. "Not fair, not fair!" I gasped between laughs.
"How's it not fair?" He questioned between attacks.
"Because your bigger than me and I have no defenses against tickle torture." I laughed out.
"That's the point." He laughed as he continued his assault. I squirmed and wiggled enough my robe had inched open and my towel was off my head.

When he stopped his eyes were shinning brightly down at me. He reached up and tossed the lost towel to the floor and gently tugged my hair to the side exposing the side of my neck baring his mark. I felt my heart rate start to speed up slightly as his eye met mine again. Strangely enough his heart was racing faster than mine. His eyes held a smoldering look that I still wasn't used too coming from him. I still counted myself blessed to have him. His heart was so soft under his tough exterior. Every time he looked at me like this I felt myself melt, every time.
I couldn't help it I lifted my hand and traced his face with my fingers. I could feel the tension and nerves rolling off of him. I didn't understand but I knew what I could do to help him. He leaned his head into my hand until I cupped his face. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
"Luke what's wrong?" I questioned timidly.
He opened his eyes and gave me a small sweet smile. "Nothing's wrong per-say baby doll."
"Then what's got you so worried?" I asked him curiously.
"Truth?" he asked locking his eyes with mine.
"No I want you to lie to me, then go get me chocolates, then come back in here and tell me the truth, cause the look in your eyes has convinced me I'm gonna need them." I answered only half sarcastically. It was part truth really, the look in his eyes scared me and I could feel his emotions through our bond, plus I really wanted chocolate right now...oh and a Twinkie. His small snicker startled me enough to tell he was listening to my thoughts. Even though he promised not too I don't think he intended to be listening that closely. He was doing the se thing I was, assessing my mood and reading me the way I was him.
"Ok out with it already. I need to need to get dressed here, I can't go to my own ceremony like this you know." I smiled up at him.
His eyes left mine and slowly drug down my body before he let out a low growl. It was a mix of frustration and possessiveness. His eyes finally met back with mine.
"Your right, though I do like this look on you." He shot back with a wink.

He lifted up off of me pulling me back to his lap. "Luke stop stalling" I scolded.
"Alright, alright." he smiled.
He took a deep breath and locked his eyes with mine once again. "Have you thought about what we were told earlier any?" he asked.

I nodded my head. I had thought about it but choose not to think too hard on it yet because of what was going on around me. With his lecture earlier and the parol run I took and the ceremony it was way too much to think about all at once. So I choose to focus on making sure tonight went as smoothly as possible, given the circumstances.
"Good, what did you come up with?" he asked watching me closely.
I sighed and picked myself up off his lap, standing up. "Honestly, with everything else going on I didn't spend too much time on it." I answered as I paced to the bathroom for my brush. I started brushing through my hair as I walked back out.
"I figured as much." He smiled as he stood up. He walked over to me and took the brush from my hands and pulled me to the chair in front of his desk and sat me down. He slowly started to pull the brush through my hair as he spoke.
"I however did think on it. That riddle had me so torn up then suddenly it clicked." He paused there, giving me a chance to speak. "Uhhuh, and what did you come up with?" I asked as u closed my eyes and enjoyed the relaxing feel of his light pulls of the brush through my hair.
"Well what got me to begin with was the comment of the sons and daughters if the bloodline are the last hope for our kind. The there were the other things like, the four children of noble blood and each with a touch of destiny with parents who paved the way to peace. Then what you found, only the pure if heart will carry the power with in them." He said softly.

My wolf was purring in my head listening to him speak so softly to me it was hard to pay attention to him over her until she scolded me. 'Pay attention to him you fool, jus because I'm relaxed doesn't mean you can just blow him off.'
"And what did you come up with?" I asked as he pulled the continued to brush my hair.
"Well, it wasn't easy to say the least actually. I had to think about it a while. Then I remembered other things that were said like 'I gave you the power to protect them' and my moms warning to 'protect them' I couldn't figure out who 'them' was..." He paused there for a moment.
"I was wondering that myself. She was probably talking about the pack or something." I said softly. That was something I thought about while I cooked but I pushed it aside and just figured she was referring to the pack it self seeing as we are their leaders.
"In a way she was doll, but that's not what you need to know. What you need to know is how I came to the answer. As I thought about it I started thinking about you. Shocking I know, but I remembered noticing your scent had changed slightly and don't take this the wrong way or anything but your emotions are a bit haywire." He paused again letting that sink in. I looked over my shoulder at him and raised an eyebrow.
"Luke what are you getting at here?" I questioned as I turned to face him. He dropped the brush on the desk and
He smiled softly at me.
"So are you like all girls who dreamed of a mate and a family as a girl or were you always this live in the moment minx you are now?" he questioned.

What the he was he talking about? if he thinks he is gonna get any where mocking me he has another thing coming. I thought. I almost started to get mad when I remembered his comment about my emotions and reeled it in. "Just answer the question doll." He said with a smile.
I rolled my eyes. "Is this a trick question cause if it is its not gonna get you any where later tonight when your feeling frisky. What kind of question is that anyway am I like all girls who dreamed of ... what the fuck Luke are you saying I'm not normal? Of course I thought about it but I didn't set my dreams on it. It was too simple. I wanted to do something with myself before I wanted a damn mate. But that didn't happen and now he's standing here questioning my normalcy. That's not cool Luke." I almost raised my voice as I realized I was flying off the charts again. Damn what is wrong with me?
"That kinda hurt Doll, to be honest. But think about what you just said and you tell me if that was a 'Normal' Eva answer." He said mocking my answer. Great now hhe's mocking me. I knew what he was getting at and no it wasn't a normal answer for me. I didn't understand why I was having vomiting turrets of the mouth lately. No filter at all was set to my mouth. It i wasn't careful my mouth was going to start writing checks my ass couldn't cash again. Wait what was his question again?
"Why does my answer matter here any way? I thought we were talking about your brilliant revelation to your riddle.." I questioned sarcastically as I stood up and walked across the room to my clothes that were hanging in the back of the door.
"Because your answer will tell me how to tell you, now answer me. Did you think about the cliche life like every other girl or did it never occur to you that you would one day be in that position to even think about it?" his words caught me again. 'Every other girl'? is that all I was to him. Just like every other girl? I felt a twitch in my chest and it actually hurt. I took a deep breath and willed myself to grab ahold of my emotions before I spoke.
I pulled my clothes off the hook and turned to the bathroom. I sighed loudly. "I guess I was like every other girl Downs. I thought about it but then realized I would just be hurt in the end so I let it go. Now if you'll excuse me I have a ceremony to get ready for." I told him as softly as I could and made my way to the bathroom. His next sentence didn't actually register until after I had shut the door.
"So then you'd be cool with it if you were pregnant? "
I was reaching up and hanging my clothes on the back of the door as I registered his words not more than 20 seconds had passed before I opened the door again. He was still standing in the same spot I left him in with a small smile on his face.
"Come again?" I questioned from the doorway.
"I said, you'd be cool with it if you were pregnant, right?" he spoke each word clearly making sure I understood which I half way did. His tone was soft though, which was surprising because usually he would be frustrated with me for my attitude.
I felt my wolf perk up slightly as a bubble of excitement formed from her that I didn't understand.
"I suppose but I don't understand what that's got to do with this?" I said furrowing my eyebrows to show my confusion.
"It's got everything to do with it Doll, think about what I said. I laid it all out for you already." He replied never dropping that now irritating smirk.

I watched him as he watched me think back. His words were playing through my head on repeat but I didn't connect them until something else popped into my mind. His comment in the office about my scent.
I replayed his words only minutes ago. OH MY GOD. He knew it clicked when I lost my grip on my emotions. My eyes welled up and over flowed as hot tears streaked my face. I knew he was right, only a mate can scent a change like that. They are the only ones close enough to catch it. Then there was the matter of my emotions. But pregnant, really? Was I ready? I mean I just wrapped my head around Luna not mommy. I felt my chest start to tighten and my lungs start to burn.
Luke was in front of me in a flash. His smirk now gone and a tight line of worry took its place. "Breath Eva." his words were soft but I heard the command. I immediately responded and took a gulp of air relieving the burn in my lungs. I didn't realize I was holding my breath as I processed all that he said.
I took a few deep gulps of air. "Pups?" I breathed out.
"Most likely just one but yea that's usually what pregnant means." He smiled timidly at me.

Before I had anytime to think about it my wolf yelped in my head and my arms were around his neck with my lips pressed to his. He he responded to my assault instantly. He didn't stop me nor did he push me for more. He simply gave me control and kissed me back. That was until I slipped my tongue past his lips. I heard a low growl before I felt myself lifted from the floor. My legs wrapped around his waist as he lifted me up. I barely registered his movements before I felt my butt hit something hard and cold. Guessing he had backed me up into the bathroom, well I suppose it was better than the kitchen. I don't eat off these counters.

I couldn't find it in me to pull back and I honestly don't know how we ended up in the bathroom with me on the counter. Hell for that matter how did I miss him get undressed or my robe get pooled around my waist. I was almost to that point where I knew it would actually hurt me if we stopped when I heard a light knock on the bedroom door. "Ignore it" I mumbled under my breath as his lips broke from mine.
"Doll, it's Megan and Trisha. plus we have less than an hour to get ready and be down stairs. We don't have to tell anyone about the baby if you don't want too." He said softly as he took a step back.

I grumbled under my breath as I watched him turn on the shower. The muscles in his arms and back rolled as he reached in and that only made my resolve all that much harder. "Honey, if you start that now we will never make it to your own ceremony." He snickered as he looked back over at me but I could stop the thought and the feeling rushing through me. I either needed a release or I needed to hurt him one or the other.

He paced back over to me and pressed his lips to mine for a brief kiss. "God I love it when you give me that look, but fuck is it torture to do nothing about it." He whispered huskily against my lips.

"Ten minutes behind schedule isn't going to kill anyone." I purred back.

"Convincing argument doll but what do you want to do about your ladies in waiting outside the door?" He asked as his mouth hovered over my neck as his breath blew across his mark. A shiver ran through me as his hands slowly trailed up my legs. My head fell back against the mirror on the vanity he sat me on.

"I don't care. Think of something." I whispered as his fingers found the one spot I couldn't resist. A soft moan fell from my lips as his hand worked its magic and his mouth played around the edges of his mark. Needless to say it was a good ten minutes.

I gave my self a moment to collect myself before I jumped off the counter softly. Luke kissed me sweetly as he stepped into the shower. I pulled my robe back on and tied it tightly around my waist. Grabbing my clothes I left the room.
"Your too much of a distraction so I'm going to my room to get ready. " I called out to Luke. I heard him chuckle softly. "Alright I'll meet you there then." I heard him say just before I pulled the door shut.

I all but ran down the hall and crashed into my door. I heard a deep chuckle from behind me. "Running behind ninja queen?" Nates mused voice sounded from behind me.
"No, just making an entrance. You should try it sometime Yoda."
I smiled back at him as I opened my door. "Eva when will you learn you can't hide those lying eyes, besides I always make an entrance and usually not late unless I'm with you." Nate chuckled. I knew he was just giving me hell so I let it go. He knew I was hardly ever late to anything.
I shook my head as I walked in to my room. I shut the door and turned around to find Trisha and Megan sitting on my bed with a small smile on their faces.
"What are y'all doin in here? shouldn't you be getting ready?" I questioned as I hung my clothes up.
"Um your mate told us to meet you here after he sent us away from his room." Megan smirked.
"That was 15 minutes ago, so where have you been? shouldn't you be getting ready?" Trisha teased.
"I was trying but something came up." I answered as I sat down at my vanity table and started on my face.
"I bet it did." Megan snickered as she came up behind me and tugged lightly on my hair.
I rolled my eyes at her. "Not like that ya perv. Luke had some important information to give me." I told her honestly.
"Oh, and what was that? A private Luna ceremony? " Trisha teased.
I sighed but followed it with a small smile as I thought about the news. "More like a gift actually." I replied with a soft smile. Neither of them questioned me as we all silently helped each other get ready.

Megan twisted my hair in a loose twisted knot at the nape of my neck as I finished my face. I kept it light as I always do. A little eyeliner and mascara and lipgloss.
I pulled my clothes from the bag they hung in and laid them on the bed. I had chosen from the back of my closet for this and I was glad I did. An airy cream colored dress with green stitch work. Simple, yet elegant. something befitting for a rising Luna. Actually it was something my mom picked out for me a long time ago but I never had the chance or the occasion to wear it. That thought put a smile on my face. I quickly got dressed and slipped on the gold flats that Megan had picked out. I looked in the mirror and froze.

What I saw wasn't me but something close to what my mom was. For the first time I saw a Luna and I realized Luke was right. I could do this and i felt it. I was now the one who needed to lead by example. No more going off on my own, or wild goose chases in the middle of the night. I sighed as my hands fell to my belly where my unborn child grew peacefully unaware of the world around it. As I watched my hands through the reflection of the glass I didn't notice the tears now falling from my eyes. Nor did I remember the other two girls now standing beside me watching me closely.
I was going to be a mom. A soul to guide through this life, who will make a difference in the world. A soul I don't need to know to love. In that moment I realized what the goddess and Luke both said. 4 children with a touch of destiny, who's parents pave the way to peace. I was one of those parents. "Listen for the call of destiny, when you hear it release your plans and follow" I spoke softly.
I was so lost in thought it shocked me when I heard his gorgeous soft voice fill the room in a tone he only used with me. "Its worth fighting for don't you think?"
I remembered the words from earlier and my reasons were wrong. This was my reason to fight. This is what I was fighting for. Our children, and it was worth every second of the fight.
I turned and nodded locking my eyes with his. "I don't think, I know. I was wrong before but not now. I get it now." I said truthfully. A bright smile formed on his face that was impossible not to return.
I saw movement out of the corner of my eye and noticed Trisha and Megan both held the same equally confused expressions. I smiled at them then looked back at Luke. "Can I tell them?" I asked softly.
He smiled as he stepped up to me and wrapped his arms lightly around my waist from behind me. "It's up to you Doll, but you know the entire pack will know by the end of tonight if you tell them now." He said softly before he kissed my cheek.
"They are gonna find out eventually Luke. It's not like I will be able to hide it for very long." I snickered.
"True, but I was looking forward to having a secret for a little while." He said teasingly.
"Yea because Nate wont have it figured it out in the next few hours right?" I chuckled.
"Good point. But he already has so I guess it's safe to say, pups off the leash. Go ahead." He smirked and I rolled my eyes. I turned to the girls who were watching us dumbfounded as Luke sat down on my be and waited.
I looked back over my shoulder at him. "You might want to prepare yourself for a loud ear piercing noise of any kind." I told him with a smile.

"Ok what the hell are you two talking about?" Megan finally snapped. I was wondering how long it was going to take her to speak up.
I smiled at her. "You remember earlier when I said Luke had some important information to give me?" I asked.
They both nodded. "Well I wasn't lying nor was it an medifore for sex." I told them.
"Ok" Megan said impatient.
I smiled brighter as I stepped back against my bed only to feel warm hands wrap around my waist and pull me down. I landed on Luke's lap with a small giggle. I looked back at them as I tucked my head into Luke's shoulder. "So do you guys prefer aunty or aunt because I like aunty best, it's more fun and flavorful, don't you think Luke?" I said with a grin.
"I think your right, has a Better ring to it." Luke said as he kissed my forehead.
I watched them as they thought about my words. "You might want to cover your ears now babe." I said softly to him but of course he didn't listen. I saw realization cross both their faces within seconds of each other and two very different, very loud, very exited shrill squeals filled the room.

Luke and I both were tackled by the two on the bed. Luke rolled his body to cage me in and protect me from the giggling squealing girls now yelling at us happily. I laughed out as I saw Luke's shocked face. In moments I heard several loud growls fill the room and the girls instantly stopped and jumped up. I rolled my eyes because I knew who it was and why they were there.
"What the hell is going on in here?" Kevin yelled. I looked over Luke's shoulder and saw the panic in his eyes.
I looked around and saw the twins Faith, Nate, Gage, Molly and David. I dropped my head back down into Luke's neck as the girls got up. They both flew at Kevin the same way they flew at us giving him no time to get his bearings and knocked him clean to his back screaming "we're gonna be aunty's!" causing the room to bust out in laughter.
Luke helped me up to my feet as the laughter died down.
The twins pulled Megan to her feet and she happily bounced around them as Brad wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her to his chest and Chad took her hand and squeezed as they tried to calm her down. It was only slightly working.

Kevin pulled Trish to her feet with a smile.
"Is that what the screaming was about?" Gage asked not seeming surprised at all. Both the girl nodded happily.
"Trish I know your happy and exited babe but you need to be more careful you could hurt the baby that way." Kevin said with a smile.
"What in the world are you talking about the baby's over there and Eva had Luke protecting her the whole time." Trish whined.
"I wasn't talking about Eva, I was talking about you."
"Oh snap!" I laughed out as I leaned against Luke. Guess I'm not the only one with pups in the oven. "Looks like we are gonna need some more Scooby snacks Shaggy, she's gonna need em if she's carrying a Henderson." I joked.
I felt Luke's deep laugh from behind me.
"How can you be so sure mr. know it all. I'm still in heat?" Trish snipped at him. Kevin rolled his eyes.
"Are you?" he asked her.
She looked confused. "The last time I checked I was." She replied confusion thick in her eyes.
" or so you think. The last time I checked your scent changed two days ago right around the time I realized your scent wasn't so potent anymore I noticed something else. I just didn't know what it was until my meeting with Luke. Now I'm positive."
Trisha smiled brightly and wrapped her arms around him.
"Well steal my thunder why don't you." I teased.
"Don't worry when we announce it tonight you will have your thunder back." Luke whispered.
Oh great I thought. Note the sarcasm there.

Ok so we were only about 4 minutes late getting out back so that wasn't too bad really. The pack welcomed the new comers in with open arms and I thankfully didnt mess Up any of the words to my own half. Luke did great like he always does. He however didn't perform the Luna ceremony like I thought he would be. He had his dad do it which put a knot the size of Texas in my gut. His dad seemed a but different than all the other times I have seen him lately. By the time I was speaking the words I didn't realize I was talking. I could feel Luke's calming aura from twenty foot away me soaked it up as I stood before his father. The moment I was finished speaking I felt strange though. Somehow different, almost as if I tried I could fly.
'No flying Doll, we learned our lesson years ago' Lukes voice filled my head causing me to snicker out loud.

Philip looked at me with a raised eyebrow but I shook my head telling him it was nothing. He smiled and turned back to the crowd gathered around the small stage. Nate, Faith, Trisha, Tyler and Travis all stood at the edge holding small smiles as Luke stepped up behind me and took my hand. He lightly squeezed it as his father spoke again.
"Do you the people, accept your Luna and alpha mating?" His voice carried through the yard booming off the house. There was a round of 'Ayes' from around the crowd.

I felt my heart swell with pride for my pack and I couldn't help but smile brightly. Phillip nodded and turned to us with a smile. "Well then, it's my great honor to present to you, your Alpha and his Luna. May they have the strength of the alphas before them and lead us with honor." His fathers voice was filled with pride and it wasn't hard to see the happiness he held as he looked at us.
The crowd erupted in loud cheers as he presented us to them. Though I had a smile I felt hot tears streak my face.

Philip looked at me with a smile then creased his brow. "Why are you crying my Luna?" He questioned as he stepped up to me.

I sniffled out a short chuckle. "I honestly don't know. I guess it's just my happy spilling over" I laughed out softly. His face lite up in a bright smile ad he nodded.
He pulled me in to an unexpected hug catching me by surprise. I squealed softly but hugged him back. Philip has only hugged me a few times in an uncomfortable attempt to comfort me in something but this was different. This felt warm and inviting, I smiled as I wrapped my free arm around him and returned his hug as best I could with Luke holding my other hand tightly in his. When he let go he rested his hands on my shoulder with a soft smile. "Welcome to the family. I hope you have a strong will because we Downs men are hard to handle at times." He chuckled as I heard Luke groan in protest to his dads words.
"Oh trust me I already know and it's a good thing I think. Without your stubbornness life would be no fun at all." I laughed out as I squeezed Luke's hand.
"Alright enough of the serious crap." Luke said over my head to the still clapping crowd. "Your Luna and Beta female have prepared quite the spread over there and I don't know about all of you but I'm starving so lets grub." Luke's voice was as steady and solid as his fathers had been.

The crowd died down as they all started to turn to the tables. A few if the ladies pushed their way through the crowd and set up behind the tables to dish out to everyone. It was normal in packs this size for everyone to look after each other like that. Luke pulled me to the others as we made our way to a table towards the front reserved for the alpha and his closest pack members which was all of us including our parents.

My mom was standing, well more like dancing impatiently, by our table. The moment she saw us she pushed away from my father and made her way, rather quickly I might add, to me and wrapped me in a giggly bouncy hug that I have grown to love from her. "Why in the world did you not tell me sooner? If I wasn't so happy right now I would be extremely angry at you young lady, or should I say young Luna?" She chuckled teasingly
showing me she really wasnt upset.

"I guess I'm gonna have to get used to that now huh?" I mumbled.

Luke smiled brightly at me. "Why don't you go sit down and talk with your mom." he said.
I looked at him shocked. "But...But I'm hungry" I whined.
"What do I look like chopped liver here? I know you are and I was going to bring you a plate. I was just thinking you haven't got to spend any time with your parents lately and you should probably take advantage of it while you can. Plus I don't want you over doing yourself, so go sit down and I'll be right back." He told me softly as he pressed a kiss to my cheek. I smiled as he started walking away.
"Oh and don't forget..." I started to call out to him when he stopped and turned around with a smile. "Chocolate cake, I know doll. Now go sit down." He laughed out as he continued to walk away.
I smiled as I watched him leave my sight. I shook my head as my mom lead me to the table and followed her alphas orders and got me off my feet.
"So it seems you have our alpha wrapped around your finger dear." My mom laughed.
"It's more like the other way around actually." I told her softly with a smile when Megan chimed in.
"I call bull shit there." She chuckled
"Whatever Meg's. You know as well as anyone there is no making that boy do anything he doesn't want too." I smiled at her. She raised a brow at me and laughed.
"Right because since you've been back he has been such a pain in the ass right? Face it Eva the man practically worships the ground you walk on. And it's bound to get worse from here. " She chuckled.
I smiled at her but shook my head. "It better not. I'll kill him if he treats me like an invalid now." I told her honestly.
"Oh honey I don't think he would change that much unless your expecting. He should know the Luna position can be stressful but I'm sure he knows its nothing you can't handle." My mom chirped.

I smiled at her as she spoke, my hand found its way to my tummy lightly as she reminded me of the package I was now carrying. I remembered she didn't know and suddenly a small fear filled me knowing I needed to tell her. Actually it needed to be announced tonight anyway. Megan snorted out a laugh knowing my mom just solidified her words.
"Am I missing something girls?" my mom asked.
Before I could answer Luke sat a plate in front of me... wait a plate? As in singular, only one and it didn't have cake on it... like at all!

I looked at him as he took the seat next to me. I pouted not seeing my cake when his dad walked up behind him and handed him a plate with several slices if cake on it. I smiled brightly.
"My savior!" I chirped at Philip as I swiped my finger across the top of a slice gathering a chunk of icing.

I moaned as the flavor exploded on my tongue. Man did I love sweets!
"I guess I know what happens when I don't have enough hands to carry everything in one trip." Luke laughed.
"The one baring cake in my presents gets my praise, you should know that by now." I gigged as I took another swipe of cake in my finger. He smiled at me brightly.

"Someone give the girl a fork before she caveman's the whole plate." Nate chuckled from across the table. I looked up at him and stuck my tongue out at him. I didn't miss how faith was tucked under his arm with a happy glow around her.
"So what happened to your little secret society I was sworn in too? Your hiding something and I want know what it is." My mom pouted as Kevin and Trish walked up and sat down next to my dad.

"What's mom complaining about now?" Kevin joked
My moms head snapped to him and laid in a glare that could kill you with Thousand deaths and in a tone that said I brought you into this world and I can take you out of it too "Watch your tone with me boy, I'm still your mother and there is nothing that I can't do to punish you that your mate wouldn't approve of. you'll do good to remember that."

I had to stifle a chuckle before she turned her glare back to me. My father slapped him on the shoulder in a loving way.
"Cammie calm down." He scolded her playfully before he turned to Kevin who looked like a kid with his hand in the cookie jar. "Kevin your mom is convinced Eva and the girls are hiding something, do you know anything about this?" he asked. Kevin smiled at me brightly.
"I'm sure it's something that can't be hidden long. Besides she's not the only one with a secret." He laughed out.
"Oh now that's not fair." My mom whined. My father turned to her with a smile. "Why because your the only one who's not in on it?" he asked.
"Well duh! Someone spill...Now!" she demanded causing a round of cheerful laughter to pass around the table. Her eye fell in me for a moment then to Luke and stopped in Philip who only smiled at her. Everyone lived to screw with my mom, not only was it easy but she made it fun for everyone.
"Philip do you know what this is about?" she questioned. To which he shook his head and sat down with a smile. "Don't drag me into this Cammie you may be like a sister to me but thee are something's you just don't willingly jump in too."he laughed out at her.

I smiled at Luke as he handed me a fork and I took a few bites of my actual food still eyeballing the cake tempting me.
Megan looked at me with a smile, 'May I?' She asked through our pack link. I nodded and got comfortable in my seat. Luke wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I leaned in to his warm body as I waited to se how my best friend handled the situation while I ate silently.
"Mamma H, you already said it. Just think back to what we were talking about, and connect the dots. Besides I wanna hear I'm right again" Megan snickered.
"Right about what?" Brad asked as he sat down beside her with a smile.
"About how Eva has Luke wrapped around her finger and its only going to get worse from here. No offense Luke" she told him looking back over at Luke with a shy smile. "None taken. I know how tightly I'm wrapped but I also know its a two way street." Luke smiled at her with a small chuckle. I nodded at her in agreement to his words.
The twins both laughed out after a moment and it was hard not to join in. "Oh god, your right!" Chad said choking back tears of laughter.
"And here I was hoping all the sappy shit between the two of them would come to an end soon or atleast die down but now... could you atleast keep it to a bare minimum?" Brad teased.

My jaw practically dropped. I quickly picked up a carrot off my plate and flung it at him. "Hey you have no room to talk Romeo! Between you three and Kevin trying to deflower my kitchen I think there is plenty of love going around this house to sicken even the strongest of alphas ! So just hush about that will you?!" I scolded.

"Either way you look at it I'm right Eva." Megan cheered happily.
"How do ya figure?" I questioned between bites.
"Because you know Damn well if you ask for anchovies and chocolate pie at 3 in the morning, he will jump up and find them for you." She smiled brightly as I thought about it for a moment . A smile broke out on my face before I spoke. "You know that doesn't actually sound too bad." I chirped. Trisha pipped in next. "I know right!"
But the more I thought about it the more I wanted the odd combination. I looked down at my food then to my cake. "No anchovies but ill share my cake for the cause." I told her almost pouting at the thought of no anchovies.
I heard Kevin groan "do you two really want anchovies," he asked.
She nodded her head as she reached out across the table and nabbed a bite of my cake. Kevin looked over at me and I pouted the way I knew worked to get my big brother to do what I wanted him too. He growled and stood up grumbling under his breath and paced off to the house.

Megan and the twins all choked back laughs. "I take it back, Luke isn't the only one whipped around here." Megan chirped.

"Now who in the world would want anchovies and cake? That's gross!" My mom scoffed suddenly. Yea now I live my momma but she's sometimes not the quickest one around. Me and Trish both hid our smiles and lifted our hands "us" we both said trying not to laugh.
Then suddenly it was like a light bulb went off in her head and I understood where I got the speak without thinking thing from.
" I swear if your pregnant I'm gonna kill me some boy and roast them on a spit then feed them to rogues." My mom spewed out. I heard Luke audibly gulp. 'Not what you were hoping to hear?' I asked through our bond.
'Not really, but at least my dad welcomed you to the family before eroding any threats around.' He replied causing me to chuckle. Of course his dad already knew. Otherwise he wouldn't be sitting back enjoining the show.
"Aww now don't go doing that, we kinda like to keep em around. You know...sentimental value and all.' I teased.
"You not kidding are you?" she asked. Everyone around the table all shook their head no at her.
She stared banks at me for a moment before turning her gaze to Trish then to dad and back to me. I felt the weight of her eyes and suddenly felt like a horrible daughter. I felt my eyes start to sting with the tall tale signs of tears when suddenly it dawned on me she has no right to stare at me like that. It's not her life, it's mine she wasn't the one who had to give up everything to help run a pack and raise a family. She wanted that for herself and she got it, why was she making me feel like I stole her last cookie! like I just stole her reason to in life.
It felt wrong but even my wolf was up set with her.we sat in an uncomfortable silence few a few more minutes when Luke dropped his fork and looked at my mom then let out a heavy sigh. "Trish, Eva come with me please. " I know he didn't mean for it to come out as an order but that's what happened. Both Trish an I put down our forks and stood up silently and followed Luke.

I kept my eyes low as Trish reached out and took my arm as we walked. Both of us somber knowing we just broke the same heart in one clean swoop. I willed myself not to cry again as I heard Luke yell for my brother as we came to a stop at the stage once again. "Yo Kevin come here a minute would ya?"

I looked at Luke asking the silent question of what the fuck are you doing? he smile brightly at me and reached down for my hand. I didn't ask any jest ion just took his hand and let him pull me to the stage. Then turned and did the same for Trish. He gave us both a smile as Kevin hoped up on the stage and took her hand she looked as confused as I felt. I noticed Gage, Seth and David all step up in the stage behinds us. I wondered why but that thought was cut short when Luke's booming voice sounded.
"Ladies and gentlemen may I have you attention for a moment. I have one last thing to add before the evening is brought to a close on such a happy occasion already. " He spoke clearly gaining everyone's attention in record time. "As most if you already know my lovey ate and I weren't so lucky in the beginning" Luke started when I heard brads teasing voice sound "and who's fault was that?"
Luke smiled "your right it was mine, but that's over with now. Those three months were hell to say the least. I honestly didn't think she would Coe back , but she did. Bringing with her a smart assed know it all pup who has earned his way honorably into this pack. Ranking him as high as he can go for the moment as my new lead enforcer. I know it's not alpha but something's better than nothing right?" Luke said to Nate who was now standing close to the stage with faith still tucked under his arm.
"II'll take what I can get as long as I have a family again." Nate said with a smile.
"Always man, after the things you've done for all of us , consider yourself stuck... for life!" Luke said brightly openly teasing him. Nate smiled back at him. "Thank you Alpha."
"Then after all that Eva finds two stray rogues camping in our mall. The poor things looked half starved and scared to death. And even though I was an ass Eva was every bit the Luna she is now. She saw those in need an offered a home to them and if she hadent we wouldn't have you Beta female who is every but as capable as your Luna and I'm proud to be the I've standing up here right now to announce the next generation if our leaders will be brought into this world by these lovely souls standing up here with me. Now I know we are still in school and all that but when destiny calls you, you have to drop your plans and follow. An extremely wise woman told me that today and I'm thankful she did because I didn't understand till a few moments ago that sometimes the path you take to avoid your destiny is the path you find it on. This was chosen for us we know that now and we accept and will rise to the challenge I only hope each and every one of you will stand behind us. And I wouldn't have it any other way." Luke spoke the last sentence to me and I knew why he chose to do this now. He wanted to make sure that Trish and I both knew no matter what we were all in this together this was all part of our destiny. I smiled at him as he wrapped his arms around y waist. He leaned down and placed a light kiss to my lips and whispered against them "I love you." I began to return his words when a piercing howl cut through the silence. This was no normal howl this was a warning howl. My fears came alive in that moment and I knew what to do I stepped back from like a I looked over at Kevin and Trish who looked scared out of her mind. She locked eyes with me and within seconds had regained her courage stepping away from Kevin reluctantly.
Both of us knew they were only moments away from taking off to find the trouble of such a howl. And we would need to get the rest to safety.

The men's eyes all around us were all glued to the border waiting for a following command but none came.
As we waited I heard something slice through the air and I turned just in time to see an arrow slice through his body like butter. Blood splattered across my face as His eyes met mine before he fell to his knees. with in seconds all hell broke loose and it was udder chaos around me but I couldn't take my eyes from him.

I know I made y'all wait forever for this one but real life calls sometimes you know. Well I hope you liked it let me know what you think. now is it just me or is waiting on updates from your favorite books like waiting on your favorite tv show to come on once a week?
Alright now let's see if we can break 400 votes this time around. Come on you can do it!!!

Anyway. Please don't forget to
Vote
Comment
Fan
Share
And if baking cupcakes isn't helping try baking the while darn thing in one shot that way when you sit down with the pan and don't eat it all, you don't feel like such a piggy. Oh just admit it you've done it!!

Till next time XoXo

Twitch