Chapter 40- Our loyalties lie with our true Alpha's

Ok So I am really exited to tell you that because HFMA hit 1,194,582 reads to be exact I am going to lift the votes and comment quota I gave on the last chapter and post early. I actually didn't notice the reads were that high until tonight to be honest. I was so entranced by writing that I never even thought to look till I got done. :) and let me tell you my heart actually skipped a beat. I was doing this crazy little wiggle dance in my seat! But enough about me and my weirdness its time to find out what happens in today's chapter... so ON WITH THE SHOW!

Chapter 40- Our loyalties lie with our true Alpha's.

**Eva's POV**

I really hated the idea of running away from a fight but I understood Luke's logic under the reason why he suggested that we leave. Though it wasn’t really a suggestion it was more like an order politely said. I could feel his alpha just under the surface as him and the guys ushered us out the doors to the parking lot. Luke pulled out my phone and called for the car never once stopping himself from scanning the area. I watched Nate and the others doing the same thing. Trish looked calm and collected but if you looked close enough you could easily see the death grip she had on Kevin's hand.

As Gage and Molly met up with us I noticed Faith and Nate stiffen. I heard the small whimper from Faith and Nate’s low growl and I instantly was on high alert. I scented the area for any strange scents, as my eyes quickly roamed the area. Something in my gut said look left and I’m glad I did. I stepped around Faith and Nate and let my wolf do some scanning of the darkened trees nearby. The low growl that slipped out was enough to tell the rest of them that something was off. I saw the movement in the darkness but that was it and I knew that who ever was there was not supposed to be. Luke appeared behind me in an instant. I could feel his anxiety as he scanned the trees as well. Though they were only 50ft or so away from us it was still enough to stretch out my hearing and listen for what I was already positive was there.

I could feel Luke tuned in to me as well as the threat as I heard not one but 3 heart beats. I scented the air to connect the sound with the scents and The bitter taste of old blood and pine hit my senses.

I felt Luke's hand on the small of my back as the car pulled up. "Girls, why don’t you meet us at the Hotel." Luke stated trying to not order us but there was no way in hell that I was leaving him.

"How about you meet us at the hotel." I snipped as I found a shadowed form in the trees. The movement matched up to the heartbeats and I was slowly letting my Luna take over.
"Now, Eva!" Luke growled.
"Luke, you order me again and there will be problems. We have more strength in numbers so forget it. If Faith and Trish think they cant handle this then fine send them away but I think they should be with us." I growled back.
"I agree." Nate sounded behind me and man did he not sound happy.

I have heard him upset before but I have never heard him angry.
No one else made a sound so I took that as a sign and I began walking towards where I knew we had intruders.

Luke's arm caught mine and pulled me gently but intentionally behind him as he took point. I shook my head but accepted his authority in the situation. Nate and Kevin both pulled forward and did the same pushing Trisha and Faith behind them.

I could easily hear the low threatening growls as we approached the edge of the trees, to which Luke and the others... including myself all returned a little louder. I could feel my alpha push forward as I felt Luke's alpha shift to the front as well. I didn’t protest my wolf in any way. This was her pack as well and she could feel the need for the authority.

"State your business here." Luke growled only to be returned with louder growls. Now I have heard Luke pissed off before but this was something different. What surprised me was it was who spoke next. Mr. calm and collected was loosing his cool.... quickly it seemed.
"You were asked a question, I suggest you answer it before I loose what little patience I have left." Nate growled lowly but you could easily feel his authority.