Chapter 4- What are you doing?

Chapter 3- What are you doing?

We left the cave and ran back to the pack house. Both of us were silent the whole run. I was rethinking everything that had happened in the last 2 hours. Yes I felt a pull but was I really willing to give in to it? I wasn't sure if I could trust his words even though in my heart I felt I could but my mind couldn't wrap around the situation and my past still haunted me at night. What was I going to do? 
The silence was almost comfortable with him. I knew as a wolf he could feel my anxiety and worry.

'I think we can trust his words.' My wolf said quietly.
' How can you say that? You were just as hurt as I was. I know as my alpha he will not do anything to hurt me on purpose but still he is a man, and as that he can't be trusted.' I told her.
'I know, BUT something is different about him, I can see it better than you. I saw felt something when I talked with his wolf, something's there I can feel it... But I'll let you do what you want but if he is our mate and you hurt him though. I won't speak to you again! 'She threatened. 
'Then I won't be missing much. It would be a relief to be left with my thoughts without your two cents always being added.' I growled at her. She huffed at me then went silent.

As we approached the house Luke's voice flooded my mind. 
'Eva, you don't have to make a choice now. I just want to make sure you know you can trust me. As your Alpha you already know that but as your mate I can feel your hesitation towards me. Just know I'm here if you need me.' He said quietly.

I nodded my big head and ran in the house. His words shocked me; did he just call me his mate? Does he know something? He can't, I thought. I'm not 17 yet so he can't know for sure. He shouldn't be able to sense me as his mate until AFTER my 17th birthday. I doubt the pull would be stronger with Alpha's but what the hell do I know. He could be telling me the truth but then again...No, Why would he be lying to me? He's Kevin's Best friend, and he wouldn't lie to either of us not that I knew of anyway. Yes they both have changed and from what I could see they were both a couple of players. Girls fell at their feet just because they are cute, not to mention because of the Alpha and Beta position they hold. It was actually quite gross but funny to watch from afar, Megan and I spend a lot of time laughing our asses off about it. Kevin eats up the attention they give him. But Luke seems to get more and more annoyed with them everyday...but he still paid them attention. And that's what confused me right now, if he knew I was his mate then why was he still playing around with girls? So this brings me back to the original question... Is he lying or not? Is he just playing a game with me? Either way I knew better than trust him just because of his words. If he believes I am his mate then he will have to prove it, and himself. Hence why I am going to steer clear of him this week, but what if I couldn't? I was so confused. I just wanted to lie down and think.

There was a rope attached to the back sliding door so we could open the door in wolf form. Weird I know but it was better than a doggie door. Ha that's funny. I should bring that up at the next pack meeting. That would be too funny.

I trotted through seeing people stare at me as I passed heading for the stairs. Kevin came barreling down the stairs and blocked my path to get though. "What is your problem? I promised to keep you safe and you go running off? You will not leave this house without me again!" He roared at me. 
I growled at him and yelled back through our mind link. 'You will not tell me what to do regardless of a stupid promise! I am not your submissive to order around. I will do as I please and there is nothing you can do about it! To hell with promises and deals, I'm through with it! Just leave me the fuck ALONE!' I saw him flinch slightly as my words then anger set in.
"I am your Beta Eva and you will listen and follow my orders!" His voice roared through the house with authority. But I didn't falter. 'I have Beta blood too moron! I don't have to listen to you! And if you try totaled me I will tell dad and if that didn't work I will take it to the alpha!' I laughed through our mind link. Childish I know but it usually worked with him. Dad didn't appreciate him picking on his little girl and Luke almost always sticks up for me with him, so if I had to play that card I would. Though I was irritated I sat on my haunches, and waited. I saw a small fear in his eyes then it quickly faded.

"Eva you really think they will listen to you? Dad maybe bit Luke really, I'm his beta, he knows how I feel and he has agreed with me on this. So you S. O. L. Little sister." 
I barked out a laugh. 'Your delusional Kev, but we shall see. I know things you don't so don't test me! If I have too I will man up, don't push Me.' 
"And what do you know? How to whine and pout till you get your way?" He laughed out. Oh now he was really trying to piss me off. I stood up and growled and snapped at him. His eyes grew wide, sister's got an attitude and a temper he knew better than provoking.  'IM NOT AS WEAK AS YOU THINK!  DONT PUSH ME TO PROVE IT!' I screamed at him. He winced at my tone. Then his eyes grew dark, his wolf sensing a challenge being issued.
"Eva" Luke warned, as Alpha he can tell when a challenge is on the horizon. 'What are you doing?' he tacked on throughout mind link, but I brushed it off. I was still growling at Kevin. 
"Was that a challenge?" He growled. I snapped as him again.

No I didn't want to fight my brother, but I knew they didn't know I could fight and I was damn good at it. I had been training since I got back to school after the incident. In both forms, my coach was a wolf and there was a small group of wolves there most guys but after I explained to coach what had happened (not in detail of course, but he had a daughter so he understood the importance of protecting yourself.) he agreed to train me, but promised he wasn't taking it easy on me, just because I was a girl.  I quickly moved up to his right hand. He said I had heart and purpose, not to mention my refusal to stand down till it was done. I never backed down from a challenge and I fought with a drive none of them had. He liked how I fought. I was ruthless in a fight. I left no margin for error. But my second year with them I was training them beside couch. That was fun...man it was like a love/hate relationship between us all. It was funny but worth it in the end. 

'Kevin, I don't want to fight you but push my wolf and you will walk away submitting to me, with a wounded pride and completely butt hurt. I promise you, you will NOT like what happens.' I growled with the echoing growls of my wolf. 
"You will not speak to me like that! Eva today is the day you learn a lesson once and for all... Challenge accepted." He ground out between gritted teeth. 
I sighed but smiled a toothy wolf smile. 'As you wish big brother's ' I snickered.

'Eva, you realize you just challenged his position?' Luke said through our mind link. I turned my head and nodded at him.  He sighed. 'Fucking hell. Eva you will be the death of me, I swear it!' I couldn't help but snicker at him...oh boy were they in for a surprise! 
"Then I suggest you say the words needed for a position challenge Eva" Luke told me. I nodded and sighed mentally. 
My wolf snickered pissed. 'Oh this will be fun' I had to agree with her. 
I opened up my mind to the whole pack. 'I, Eva Henderson challenge you Kevin Henderson, for your position of Beta of the moonlight pack' I growled out in the pack link. 
Luke looked a little worried but Kevin was pissed. I however had a twinkle in my eye, knowing I held a secret none of them knew about. If he and I were to just fight it out here, my point will not be made. I wanted him to know I had the power and strength to take something sacred of his away. And if this is the only way to do it then so be it.

Did I want the position? No not really, but I had a point to prove to all of them. I held power none of them knew about and it's about damn time they knew it. 
"The fight will be held on the training grounds in ten minutes. Eva a word please?" Luke said. I could see worry in him eyes. I growled and rolled my eyes. Kevin steeped out of my way.
Luke spoke again. 'NOW Eva!'  I winced at his tone; I could feel his alpha tone.

'Then follow me Mr. Alpha. Or are you gonna order me around too?' I snapped he narrowed his eyes at me, but sighed and nodded. Following me slowly up the stairs

Please tell me what you think. Vote; Comment Whatnot thank you for reading! Have a good day!

Twitch