Chapter 5- I told you so..

Chapter 5 I Told You So

Luke followed silently behind me. He opened the door to my room for me and followed me in. I grabbed a pair of clothes between my teeth from a pile in my closet and went to my bathroom, shifted the yanked on my clothes. I walked back to my room and looked at Luke and waited. He was pinching the bridge of his nose between is finger and thumb, he looked deep in thought. 
"Eva" he said softly.
"That's my name." I said cheeky. 
"Don't get smart with me women! Do you realize what this is going to do to me? Everything in my being is fighting against the idea of you in a fight. It's in my nature as your Alpha to protect the weak, and as your mate it twice as bad." He tried to stay calm but his wolf was pushing through. I however knew my wolf was offended by being called weak. We have taken down wolves bigger than Kevin without breaking a sweat. She growled making it bubble out of my chest without my knowledge.

"One, I am not as weak as you or he thinks. I am about to prove that to both of you and two do not play the mate card with me, I don't know if you are or not. For all I know you could just be playing a game with me. So I am and I will take this challenge and you both can shove it up your ass!" I hissed out. 
"I am your Alpha, you will not take that tone with me nor speak to me like that, mate or not." He growled his alpha command was in that statement. Causing me to cringe and bow my head. But I still I rolled my eyes. 
"I've gotta go. I've gotta brother to beat up." I tried to keep my tone steady but it still cracked. 
He sighed but paced over to me and wrapped his arms around me. I responded before I thought about it, pulling my arms around him. After a moment he pulled back and looked at me. He laid a simple sweet kiss on my lips and sighed. 
"You do know this is to submission or death? If neither of you submit to the other your wolf will go for a full kill. No offence but female fighters don't really fair too well in these kinds of fights." He spoke softly. I nodded 
"I'm not that dumb silly man; I know when I shouldn't let pride get in the way. I know better than to tale death in this situation. I was taught well." I gave a small smile then pulled away from his arms.

"This won't be easy for me you know?" He said. 
I nodded then it sunk in what I said. "Wait you said you were trained better than that? What do you mean? You haven't been trained since you got home." He said curiously.

I however just gave him my best cheeky-sneaky smile that said I'm up to no good. "Mr. Alpha don't you have a challenge to oversee?" I said completely ignoring his question, opening my door.

He shook his head bit followed me down and out the front door. It would only take a couple of minutes to reach the training grounds. I held my head high showing I was not afraid. I could see the pack gathering around, I could feel almost all 200 pack members were here. Challenges were not taken lightly in a pack; it was even rarer that it was a female issuing the challenge.

As we reached the 'battle field' as I am going to call it, the crowd parted and let me through. Just like a boxer on the way to the ring. I saw Megan standing to the side, I walked to her. She looked scared but I gave her a reassuring smile, then I turned and looked at Kevin and gave him a mocking smile. I heard him growl. I knew this was about his pride and I wasn't about to let that little dip-shit get away with it, big brother or not. I glanced at Luke who was waiting for me to step up. I nodded, and walked up to him and Kevin. 
"The challenge for Beta was issued by Eva. The challenge was accepted by the current Beta Kevin. This fight is to submission or death, do both of you agrees to those terms?" Luke said. I could hear hope in his voice that I would back down, but I held my ground and eyes with my brother. Kevin held a hint of fear then quickly wiped it away, I however didn't drop my vicious smile. This was going to be and interesting experience. I could fight the guys at school easily but they also knew my weak points because they trained with me, so they were rather even fights. But this was like me going in blind. It felt kind of silly but girls gotta do what girls gotta do.