Chapter 30- Impossible

Hey guys sorry about the long wait. It's been a crazy busy few days! Had a lot goin on! This is just a filler chapter but its something. You have been amazing for waiting so patiently! On with the show!

Eva’s POV

There was silence that surrounded me as we sat in the former Alpha’s office. No one had said a word for almost 10 minutes after I told them about my dream. I hadn’t said anything about Avery yet, I was waiting on the rest to sink in. Philip hadn’t noticed the ring of flowers on my lap yet but I’m sure he would soon. Luke I’m sure was waiting for the rest of the details but his father looked so deep in thought that I don’t think he would have heard me if I started talking again.

“Eva, why are we talking about a dream you had?” Philip finally said breaking the unnerving silence filling the room. His tone said he was skeptical but I knew he wouldn’t be soon.
“Well, that’s the part I think you will be interested in the most.” I said getting up from the chair I was sitting in. I took the three steps to his desk slowly and took a deep breath as I gently placed the flowers on the desk in front of him. “This is why we are talking about my dream.” I said softly. I turned back around stealing a glance at Luke who was watching his father closely.
“What’s this?” Philip asked.
“Do you not recognize that?” I questioned.
“Should I?” He shot back.
“I would think you of all people would.” I shot back at him softly. I had to work at keeping my voice as soft as possible. I glanced around his desk and my eyes fell on a photo of a young Luke and Avery. She was wearing a similar flower crown and I couldn’t help but smile. Her bright eyes were shinning and her smile was breathtaking. She held a different beauty about her in this picture than she had in my dream. In the picture she was a pure beauty where as in my dream she was an unnatural beauty. Something that would fit an Angel. I gently reached out and picked up the picture and held it examining it closely. I smiled at the picture as I traced my fingers over her.
“She would have been proud of you both.” I almost whispered. I knew I was pulling some heartstrings but the snort of disbelief from Philip said he didn’t believe me.
“You don’t think so?” I questioned.
“I think she would have hung me out to dry by now. She...uh…was always the one to tell me how it is and she was never afraid to tell me how she felt. She was always headstrong, when she felt something was wrong or she didn’t like how it was going she would change it.” He said softly with a sad smile. I nodded. “Yea, I got that sense about her.” I told him placing the picture next the ring of flowers in front of him. “She seems very determined to get her point across; so much so, it’s hard not to listen.” I said stepping back to my chair and sitting back down.

I watched Philip as he stared between the flowers and the picture. I glanced over at Luke again who was still watching his father closely. When I looked back the first hints of realization started to hit. His eyes snapped up and locked with mine then quickly back to the photo. He looked between the picture and Luke and I several times. You could tell he was trying to figure out the answers that were flying though his head at this point. “Impossible.” He whispered looking at the flowers.
“Why’s that?” I questioned. His eyes snapped up to mine shining with unshed tears.
“This is a cruel joke Eva.” He almost growled. I could see the hurt flash across his eyes as he said it. I gasped in disbelief. How could he think I would do that? I’m childish at times and sometimes careless but I’m not mean! I had to force back the tears.
“It’s not a joke dad.” Luke snapped at him. I could hear the anger in his voice.
“No, it’s ok Luke. If he doesn’t want to believe me then that’s ok, he has that right.” I said softly.
“No, it’s not ok. I’m not going to sit here and listen to him accuse you of something you didn’t do.” He snapped at me.
His dad’s eyes snapped back to him as anger started to set in. “And what makes you so certain that she’s telling the truth?” Philip snapped.
“Because when she rudely woke me up this morning, those were there!” He said pointing at the flowers on the desk. “Look closely at them, there are flowers that I KNOW I wove in! They weren’t there when we went to sleep. There is NO way this is a joke. She had no time to make it so perfectly identical to the one Mom was buried in. I know Eva can be a little off the wall but this is NOT something she would do. I believe her.” Luke snapped trying to control his voice.
Philip turned his eyes back to me. His eye’s searched mine for any sign of deceit. Finding none he dropped his eyes and paid his head in his hands.