Untitled #6

You walked inside the church and listened closely. No one was here. Good. You stowed quietly up the stairs, trying not to make a sound. As you got closer, the faint sound of music filled your ears. You opened the door quietly, only to be met by a dagger inches from the frame.
"Oh wonderful way to say hello, Mikael." You said sarcastically, earning a smirk from the Original Vampire.
"Apologies, darling. Thought you were someone else." He replied as you stepped into the room.
"Snazzy place." You murmured. Candles were lit everywhere and there was little furniture.
"Can't go wrong with the aristocratic look." Mikael looked at you and you could've sworn you saw a hint of a smile. "I recall that I sent that witch to tell you to come here." He said, eyes locked on you as you walked over to the chair.
"That's why I'm here." You smirked and he rolled his eyes.
"For a human, you're quite snarky." He mused.
"Why thank you." You laughed and stopped immediately after he touched your neck. "W-what are you doing...?" You whispered, heart slowly accelerating.
"She didn't tell you? I suppose I let it slip by." Mikael chuckled. Now it was his turn to be as snarky as you were when you first came in. To be honest, you were scared. The way his eyes trailed over you while you sat there. You knew he could kill and he knew it as well.
"Well... you know about my family, yes?" He asked, stroking your hair. You nodded, a slight shiver wracking up your spine. "I'm sure one of them at least mentioned it."
You swallowed hard and were terrified.
"I won't kill Klaus if that's what you want." You stated, trying to keep the fear out of your voice. Mikael laughed and shook his head.
"Oh no, my dear. that I will do on my own. But for you... I have something else planned." He replied, pulling your hair into a ponytail. "You see, I've been alone for a long time, ever since my family and wife left me. So why not indulge and find me another wife, hmm?" You nearly choked. A new wife? "And you're the primary target." He smirked and kissed your neck.
You wanted to pull away, truly you did. But something kept you there. Kept you from slapping him and running away from the church and never seeing the vampire ever again.
"Why me?" you blurted out. "Why not someone else?"
Mikael gripped your wrist and put a hand on your shoulder. "Because you're the only one that seems fit for me. But don't worry, the marking will be absolutely painless." He whispered against your skin and sank his fangs into your neck.
You cried out and bit your tongue, trying to keep silent as tears welled up in your eyes. The pain raged through your system as he bit down harder, determined to leave a deep mark. After a few moments, he pulled away, laving the mark and tasted the blood that flowed freely from the wound. "Mikael..." You muttered, eyes looking up at him.
He smiled as he licked the blood, YOUR blood, off his lips and kissed you. Your eyes closed as he pushed his tongue past your lips and made you taste your blood. He growled into the kiss before pulling away and stroked your cheek.
"You're mine." Mikael said in a low tone and let you go.
After that incident, your friends could tell you were marked and they found out it was Mikael who marked you. Klaus, who had a small crush on you, was furious that his father got to you before he did and when he confronted him about it weeks later, all Mikael did was laugh and say, "She's my new love, boy."
After a few weeks of being away, you found yourself in front of Mikael and he walked over to you slowly. You flinched as he put a hand to your cheek and stroked it.
"I hope you're not hiding away from me." He said as he grabbed your hand with his free one. "It'd be a shame if my new wife were to leave me." You could see darkness in his eyes and you recalled that Rebekah told you that Mikael burned down half of Europe in search of the family. You were pulled out of your thoughts by Mikael kissing the mark on your neck.
"No one wants a repeat of what happened before, now do we?" He hissed in your ear and you shook your head, unable to form words. "Speak to me, darling." He said, kissing your lips
"No..." You whispered, against his lips.
"No?" He asked.
"No, I don't want to see you burn this place down." You replied.
"Say it." Mikael said, voice muffled against your shoulder as his fingers traced the hem of your shirt and you felt him bite your shoulder.
"I love you" You answered, feeling him smile.
"And I adore you too, my beloved one." He returned.

What did you get yourself into?