Sabriel

"Cas," Sam said as he heard the flutter of wings behind him.

"BEEP! Wrong. Didn't expect me did you, Samsquatch?" Sam turned to meet the eyes of the archangel who was supposed to be dead.

"Gabe?" Sam said, stepping closer to the archangel. Gabriel rolled his eyes and popped a lollipop in his mouth.

"Yes it's me, Sammy, surprised?" Gabe wiggled his eyebrows.

"You're-"

"Dead? Well clearly not," Gabe said slumped himself down on the sofa. He turned on the TV and memories started coming back as Dr Sexy MD came on.

"Remember when I-" Gabe started, pointing at the TV.

"Turned me into a car? Yeah, kind of hard to forget. Oh yeah, and when you put me and Dean in the 'nut cracker' show. Kind of hard to forget too," Sam winced at the memory.

"Oh come on Sammy! You can't still be salty about that. Cheer up! I'm taking you out," Gabe said and jumped off the sofa. Before Sam could say a word, Gabe clicked his fingers and they were in an empty field, trees all around them. They were sitting on a blanket with a bunch of food around.

"Gabe, send me back." Sam gave him a bitchface, which Gabe blocked by shoving a salad in his face.

"Eat." He said and grabbed a salad himself.

"Okay, but you send me back when I'm finished," Sam replied and got a nod from Gabe.

They ate and talked. About what the hunters are doing now, what Gabe was doing when he was 'dead'. Just catching up.

"Why didn't you come to me earlier?" They both finished their salads, but Sam didn't want to go yet. He was secretly enjoying the picnic.

"I don't know, I guess I thought you'd still be mad at me? Decided to give you sometime. Hey, I'm sorry for everything, I can be a dick sometimes." Gabe changed his position so he was sitting cross legged and stared down at his hands.

"Don't worry about it, I think Dean doesn't mind you killing him... 100 times... You helped us stop Lucifer. It's all okay." Sam gave him the most sympathetic smile he could make.

They sat there, smiling at each other. They were the only people on the field, it was quiet and peaceful.

"Hey, come here," Sam opened his arm, inviting the Arch Angel into his arms. Without hesitation, Gabe shuffled next to Sam and melted into his warmth.

-----

"Gabe... Gabe wake up," Sam softly shook him, he fell asleep without realising it.

"What... Oh Sammy. Hey." Gabe said and leaned further into Sam's chest.

"Do you wanna go for a walk?" Sam said, stroking the arch angels hair.

"Yeah.." Gabe yawned, "But don't you wanna go back to the bunker?"

"That can wait." Sam said, he stood up and helped Gabe up.

They walked for a bit in silence when Sam looked down, realising they are still holding hands. He smiled to himself and squeezed Gabe's hand.

They were walking towards a forest and before they knew it they were surrounded by trees. Gabe let go of Sam's hand and giggled a bit.

"What?" Sam asked, trying to seem hurt but couldn't hide the grin on his face.

"Close your eyes." Gabe said.

Sam obeyed, he heard a click and finally Gabe's voice. "You can open them now!"

Sam opened his eyes, looking around he noticed the Arch Angel gone.

"Gabe?" Sam shouted, he was laughing a bit but he had a bit of worry in his voice. Having Gabe out of sight made him worry he won't see him again.

He walked through the forest a bit, before he heard a giggle behind him. When he turned around, no one was there.

"Gabe, come on..." Sam shouted, he turned around again and jumped back as he saw the Arch Angel handing upside down from a tree brunch. His face was right in front of Sam's.

"Wow, Samsquatch, finally on your level!" Gabe laughed.

"Makes it easier to do this," Sam said. Gabe gave a confused face but when he saw Sam approaching him, he grinned.

Upside down kisses were complicated, but they managed. Somehow, it was the best kiss they both had.

"Should we go back to the bunker now?" Gabe winked.

"Yeah, we should," Sam answered.