The first and the last

Sam liked capturing certain events. Events that make him happy, mostly. Sometimes he would take pictures of his friends, thankful for the pictures he's taken as half of them are dead.

Sometimes he takes pictures of Dean, like on Christmas when he was happy. Or on his birthday when he was stuffing his face with pie. When Sam was sad, he would just look through the pictures and lighten up.

So one day, when he saw his brother and best friend standing in the library, in a hug he couldn't help but take a picture. He took some for Dean, knowing he'd need them some day. He was about to walk away but he stayed to watch the scene go down.

He realised Cas was crying. He couldn't hear the words being exchanged but the next thing he knew, they were kissing. It was a quick kiss, but Sam managed to take a picture.

In the next two years of the relationship, Sam captured the events. Their first date, a picnic they had. He saw them asleep in each other's arms and couldn't help it. He took pictures of them being a cute couple. He knew Dean would want them.

They still went on hunts, even with Cas's mojo gone he insisted on going. He went many times and nothing happened. But this time was different.

Simple vampires nest. They thought they'd go in, take them out and go back to the bunker. However the vamps were stronger than they thought, they took them out finally but with some damage. Sam and Dean were beaten up but Cas was very bad. He was tossed and thrown all over the place. He was bleeding a lot.

"Hurry up Sammy!" Dean shouted from the back seat of the Impala. "Shh, shhh baby. You're not gonna die, not now. You're not gonna die on me. Come on, keep your eyes open."

Cas was losing a lot of blood, Dean has managed to cover up some cuts but he needed medical help.

As soon as they pulled up to the hospital, Dean had Cas in his arms and ran for the entrance. As soon as they saw him, he was put on a bed and taken to a room.

It took about 3 hours for Sam and Dean to be informed of Cas's state. They were told he had a major concussion, lost tons of blood and had broken several bones. Probably won't survive. Dean was already in tears by the time she finished talking.

"No! No, you're job was to make him live. Do you job! He has to live. He has to!" Dean was shouting now, he was about to start knocking things over when Sam pulled him into a hug.

"It's going to be okay," Sam whispered to his older brother, who was sobbing into his chest. This didn't happen often, only shows how much Cas meant to Dean.

After another hour they could visit him.

"Hey, baby. It's okay. I'm here," Dean sat next to Cas's bed and held his hand. He saw his boyfriends eyes, drained of all hope.

"Dean, I know it's not okay," Cas managed to choke out. "It's fine. I'm okay with it. I love you."

"No, no. It's not fine. Stop talking like you're going to die. You're not dying." Dean's cheeks were flooded with tears.

"Sammy, can you take a picture?" Dean asked his brother.

"Of course," Sam took his phone out. He watched as Dean pressed his lips to Cas's, who was barely able to move his. Sam quickly snapped a picture as one of the machines in the room let out a long BEEP.

Dean collapsed on Cas, crying his eyes out. Screaming for him to come back. They were taken out of the room. Sam had to drag Dean out, he wanted to stay just 5 minutes longer but wasn't allowed to.

Now if you walk into Dean's room, you can see picture frames everywhere. On his dresser there are pictures of a picnic he had with Cas, of their first date and of them cuddling in bed.

On his desk there was a picture of them asleep together on the couch after watching a movie, there was a picture of Dean on one knee asking Cas to marry him, but unfortunately no picture of the wedding as there wasn't one.

But the pictures on his bedside table were the most valuable to Dean, they were the pictures of their first and their last kiss.

A/N
I'm crying. Why did I write this. I had this in my head for so long and I'm crying my eyes out what did I do. Like I'm sobbing I'm just done with myself oh my.