Motel room

Dean opened the motel room door and walked in, Cas and Sam right behind him. He threw himself down on the bed and closed his eyes. He just got back from a hunt and all he wanted to do is sleep.

"Dean..." Sam said, staring at the two beds in the room.

"What?" Dean sat up on the bed and followed Sam's eyes to the only left bed, "Shit..."

Dean was used to only getting two beds, Cas usually didn't come with them on hunts, but he insisted this time. He was human now and he needed sleep.

"It's fine, I'll sleep on the floor," Cas said and sat down on a chair in the little kitchen area.

"No, I will. You're new to being human, you need proper sleep," Dean said and scratched the back of his neck.

"Can you two just sleep together?" Sam suggested, hiding a cheeky smirk.

"Er.." Cas shrugged, looking at Dean waiting for his consent. He didn't mind sleeping with Dean, he didn't see anything wrong with it.

"I mean..." Dean sighed, giving up, "But if you touch me I will break your legs,"

*****

The three went straight to sleep, Cas making an effort to keep his distance from Dean on the queen sized bed. It was difficult but he didn't want to make Dean angry.

Dean was a fussy sleeper, he would toss and turn and even talk a little. He was in the middle of the bed and Cas tried his hardest not to make contact. He moved a little more to the edge. Before Cas knew it he let out a little shriek and his body met the floor.

"Cas?" Dean murmured out, opening one eye to find Cas's side of the bed empty.

Dean sat up to and saw the ex Angel sitting on the floor beside the bed and rubbing the back of his head. He chuckled a bit before getting off and crouching down next to him.

"What happened?" Dean helped him up off the floor.

"I fell. You told me not to touch you and you were getting closer so I tried to move farther away but the bed ended." Cas replied, rubbing the back of his head where he hit it.

"Oh, sorry... Did you hit your head?" Dean said, looking at the adorable Ex Angel standing in front of him. He was wearing one of Dean's old AC/DC shirts that Dean lent him when he didn't have anything to sleep in.

"Yeah, a little. I'm tired... Maybe I will sleep on the floor.." Cas looked down at the cold floor.

"Don't be stupid," Dean jumped on the bed and spread his arms, "Come here."

Cas walked over to the bed and fell into Deans harm arms. Dean wrapped his arms around Cas protectively and pulled him closer so his head was on his chest.

"Sleep, okay?" Dean said and kissed his hair before he could stop himself.

Cas looked up at him, beautiful green eyes looking back. The ex Angel wrapped an arm around Deans waist and connected their lips.

Dean had to process what was happening. He really did like Cas, but he wasnt one to admit his feeling even to himself. He usually pushed them aside or downed them with a bottle of whisky. He realised he wasn't kissing back and started moving his lips.

Cas noted that as a good sign and deepened the kiss. He got on top of Dean. Dean tangled his hands in Cas's hair and tugged at it slightly.

Finally, the kiss broke up and the two were left breathless. When they regained the ability to breath, Cas fell of Dean and went back to his previous position. He tangled his legs with Deans and placed his head on his chest. He fell asleep listening to Deans heart beating.

*****

In the morning, Sam was the first to wake. As usual. He got off his bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower and get dressed.

He got dressed and was going to wake his brother when he saw that someone did it for him already. When he walked out the bathroom he was greeted with the view of Cas and Dean kissing in bed.

"Cute," Sam said, letting them know he's in the room.

"Hello Sam," Cas pulled back and grinned from ear to ear.

"Hey Sammy," Dean's grin was even wider.

That was the first time in years Sam saw a grin that big on Dean's face. That's how Sam figured out Cas was the best things that ever happened to Dean.